Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 12:17am

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You "not drop the immature games."

Sure, do you have a Q regrading my training today or the Bujinkan Dojo or the members of the Bujinkan Dojo I trained with?

Ralph

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 3:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
    Purple actually. And unless there's suddenly a new teaching system out there, the belt itself (once again, at least a Purple belt) is proof of your qualification to teach. So I have no idea what the **** is Ralph Severe talking about when he says he doesn't have "certification" to teach but yet claims to be a Brown belt. Sounds like more bullshit from Ralph to me.
    I train with a Pedro Carvalho purple belt (Art Ruiz) when my school schedule permits. & I know he's teaching with Pedro's blessings because I'm welcome to Pedro's school down in RC as a student of Art's whenever I like to drop in.

Ralph, if you wanted to stick to your current training as a conversation topic it probably was counterproductive to mention a Brown Belt in BJJ. Considering the level of quality control that the BJJ community likes to maintain, I'd say you're now obligated to divulge who you received your rank from. Just saying...

Oh, & before anyone asks, I claim no rank as I'm a pathetic white belt. I do wear a snazzy Padilla & Sons gi though ^_^
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 4:25am

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jim_jude, I already have told the truth in every license and ranking and certification I have listed or spoke about.
    I can stand behind my skills... rank means nothing without the skills now does it? I feel training from 1994 to 2001 or 2002 was good enough..
    Take into account.. rank or belts are not of my concern.
    It is public knowledge with the BJJ guys I trained with CM and AM for the years I did. That was the past.. well over 7 years ago.. I could care less.
    I had fun training for the years I trained in that system, it was cool.. and I will take a lot of memories with me down my path..
    But thank you,
    Ralph

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 8:14am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ..How many fire-fights have you been involved in ?

..How many years did you serve in the US Marines ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 8:51am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Oh, & before anyone asks, I claim no rank as I'm a pathetic white belt. I do wear a snazzy Padilla & Sons gi though ^_^
    Doesn't matter. You aren't making wild claims and adding to the credentials to put people off.

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 10:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    OK, I explained this by PM, and now I'm going to explain it publicly.

There's no such thing as YMAS Proof, or Proof Lite with half the calories and all the flavor, or whatever. There are degrees of proof, but this doesn't qualify, because:

• your partisanship in this case is obvious;
    • you are unqualified to assess such a document's authenticity;
    • a digital rendition of a physical document can be falsified on its face, but rarely verified the same way; and
    • nobody else has seen any version of this document.
    So if you want to be ashamed at how this was handled, you might look at what's worth being ashamed of.
    This, and Mr. Severe's unwillingness to have us run these documents through proper verification channels leads me to conclude that it was nothing more than an empty gesture meant to throw off the investigation, but failing miserably.

Actions will always speak louder than words.

Cy, in your experience, should it come to that, what records can we obtain via FOIA?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 10:55am

Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    why don't you just stop promoting yourself and how different are you from the bujinkan mainstream. WE AREN'T INTERESTED! we care about judo and bjj ranking and certification. NOT BUJINKAN.

Baby_cart.. if you _ we..(speaking for others?) are not interested.. why are you posting?
    Are you wanting judo or BBJ lessons?
    I don't teach these..
    I am not license to teach BJJ I only got to brown belt with black stripe.. Silly.. LOL.. do your research..
    Funny..
    Why thank you..
    Ralph
    I am not wanting judo or bjj lessons, I already have that thank you.

the reason why I posted that is most of the people here, you included, know the policies and ranking in the bujinkan. you of all people know that, especially the politics. WE KNOW MOST OF IT IS NEGATIVE.

if you spent time in bjj, you know that most of the people's skills corresponds with their belt. if you are a brown belt getting tapped silly by blue belts then you shouldn't be a brown belt. THE MAT IS THE TESTING GROUND.

so why should we spent time on discussing bujinkan history, politics and figures? it doesn't matter most of us bullshido.net members anyway. if you search the threads, you will see numerous posts on the state of the org and how it is perceived. however ranking in judo and bjj, two of the known 'alive' arts (trains with aliveness, i.e. resistance, timing, etc.) that is credentials here.

now please see this post, for it is very good:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    I'm late coming to this thread; I have struggled through most of it for the past 90 minutes (hey, what can I say, nothing on TV tonight!). I expect most of you to humor my line of thought for a minute, as it was a monumental task to subject myself to this thread. ;)

One thing that does not make sense, that is contradictory, that I feel has not been hammered home yet: the purpose of the video on the website.

Videos on martial arts websites serve usually one of two purposes: instructional - as memory aids for students of that particular school, or as advertisement. A sparring video is almost always intended for advertisement.

So, let's assume that premise - the video is an advertisement to attract students to try out the class. In that respect, Mr. DeRenzo, you have an expectation that your video will be judged favorably by prospective students; you want them to see it, go "wow, I want to learn how to do that, I am impressed!" and then eagerly come down to your garage to sign up. You are inviting - in fact demanding - judgment. Of course, I certainly understand why anyone would expect and hope for positive judgment, but one hand sometimes holds the wish while the other one fondles a big pile of steaming poop.

You cannot demand how prospective students judge you. It is also disingenuous to wail, bitch, and moan about people seeing the video and "judging" your school, when in fact that is the primary purpose of the video. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't complain if people saw the videos and judged your class in a positive light, just as I am pretty sure you would not accuse B.S. of being unprofessional for "judging" your class positively based on the video.

Anytime you put up a sparring video, you are taking a chance. Suck it up!

Jeff Cook
    (emphasis mine)

that is from another thread. so now I ask: is it instructional or advertisement?

probably it's not advertisement, you said so yourself.

so it's instructional. now do you see why people are asking for credentials? what is your certification for teaching those things? certification usually means standards are met(because of that certifications are often abused). if you don't have certification, are you willing to have your clients(students) avail harm and even death because of your products (teachings/ instructions)?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 10:56am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    "Few know about body armor do's and don't's.. if's and and's.."

Enlighten us.

I'm sensing some "resume padding" going on here. If I were to list every subject and class hour of every topic I have sat through between my military career, LE Academy, SWAT School, yearly departmental training, follow-on courses (radar school, rapid deployment school, terrorism awareness courses, etc etc.) and the FBI National Academy I could put up a whopper of a list too...but it would be embarrassingly disingenuous and pointlessly self-aggrandizing.
    And more to the point, just because you sit through a course, doesn't entitle you to then pass that information on, especially if that information is in exchange for monetary recompense.

There's a difference between "Qualification" and "Authority"

Qualification - That you meet a particular standard in say a skill set

Authority - Duly authorised to teach or instruct, often known as a licence

Often the term "I am qualified" to teach or instruct is used and it's perfectly acceptable however, teaching or instructing something without authority to do so is entrily wrong:

Example.. I'm a "Qualified" team medic I've spent a considerable amount of time learning those life-saving skills, but I'm not "Qualified" to teach it to others and I think this is the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambiguity of much of what I read about Severe.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 11:53am

Style: Generic MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    Jim_jude, I already have told the truth in every license and ranking and certification I have listed or spoke about.
    Boldfaced liar. Refusing to answer isn't the same as telling the truth. And you still haven't explained who gave you that BJJ brown. Whats your excuse for ducking this question?

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 12:34pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have not yet received a response. I will be following up a little later today.