Administrator

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 8:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387

The other questions belong in another thread.
    Which questions?

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 9:20pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    Double negative, skippy.

The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors has guys that can fight. The hive mind opinion on this board would be that there's no strong causal link between Bujinkan rank and fighting ability.
    I aint got no time for this:XXfart:

If you can correct a double negative you are probably too smart to equate popular opinions about an art with facts established under controlled conditions. The relationship between the Buj and fighting is complicated at best. Many guys, like myself, came from fighting clubs and liked the refinements.

But I am no Booj apologist I just think that the way you train in any art is more instrumental to your success as a fighter, than the actual art.

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 9:23pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Which questions?
    Trashing the Ninjers versus questions of a teacher's credability. Two different topics.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 9:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    Has he got certifications that, unlike the Bujinkan one, have value as proof of his fighting or coaching ability? Does he have fighters that kick arse in full contact venues, and thus prove his ability as a coach?

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but is English your first language? Do you type in the same manner as you speak? That first sentence barely makes sense to me. But, I'm a Yankee, so I'm a little removed from English...

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 9:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeezus, this is a convoluted thread.
    I've got to go, but I will say this:
    While the vast majority of the Booj have never taken their training to anything close to full resistance, it would be an error to believe that NO BUJINKAN folks know how to apply what they know. I have, & I know that others have, used what they know to save lives, their own or others. I think that this is a result to stressful training and not just ineffectual flailing about, LARPing like there is no tomorrow.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 9:54pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude
    I have, & I know that others have, used what they know to save lives, their own or others.
    Would you mind sharing with the class? Or if you've shared this before (you have been here longer than me) could you tell me where I can read this story?

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 10:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's really too bad satanjr.com isn't around anymore, they had a hilarious video of Severe.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 10:27pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude
    I'm not trying to be an asshole, but is English your first language? Do you type in the same manner as you speak? That first sentence barely makes sense to me. But, I'm a Yankee, so I'm a little removed from English...
    Wow uhmm yeah.

It makes perfect sense. His booj certification has been verified.

He is asking if there is credible evidence for his other arts as a fighter or a coach.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 10:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What exactly do you expect people who have trained for many years in an art to do? Just forget they trained in it? I can't speak for Ralph but I trained in the Bujinkan regularly for over ten years and I like to work with the material I learned in the Buj with my students. Yeah I modify it considerably but it comes from the Bujinkan. Should I say otherwise because I am no longer a member? Ninjutsu is part of my approach, so yeah I wave the banner a bit myself. And keep in mind that Ralph was around a lot longer than me and most of the whiners who are threatened by someone expressing their individuality in the Buj.
    This is one of those baiting questions that no one wants to answer in the affirmative because they're afraid of being judged by the herd. I don't think they should literally forget about it, but I think they should stop practicing it, not because they want to avoid upsetting Bujinkan purists, but because I see little practical value to the training itself.

And the Bujinkan lacks credability in some circles and has a lot of credability in other circles JJ, you get a somewhat skewered perspective on this board. Just like the people who refuse to believe the Bujinkan does not have guys who can fight.
    I'm not sure what that's supposed to indicate. I imagine that you're trying to encourage us to entertain the possibility that there are other perspectives regarding Bujinkan training, but I am very much aware of that. What I object to is the notion that both perspectives are equally valid. I have come to the conclusion that the Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu training provided to most members is not practical for fighting. There are of course exceptions, but there are always exceptions.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 10:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The other questions belong in another thread. And you know what I am willing to bet that if you asked Ralph these questions he would give you a straight answer.
    Okay, I was pretty sure you were having a problem with the BBJ insults not questions wanted to make sure.

I agree trashing the BBJ, although not questions, are for another thread.

Those are statements, so there are no questions or are there?