Page 49 of 187 FirstFirst ... 394546474849 505152535999149 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 9:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What training is required to wear soft body armor? I thought it was a fairly passive form of Avoiding Being Killed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 9:17pm

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soft Body Armor II-IIIA classroom study was 8 hours.
    I believe I took it in 3 of 2008.
    It covered the different methods of wearing, wearing with other equipment, care, level of protection, storage, sitting, movement, getting in and out of auto, kneeling, falling, rolling, etc.
    Anyone can wear body armor. Yes, this is correct.
    Few know about body armor do's and don't's.. if's and and's..
    Thank you,
    Ralph

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 9:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    Soft Body Armor II-IIIA classroom study was 8 hours.
    I believe I took it in 3 of 2008.
    It covered the different methods of wearing, wearing with other equipment, care, level of protection, storage, sitting, movement, getting in and out of auto, kneeling, falling, rolling, etc.
    Anyone can wear body armor. Yes, this is correct.
    Few know about body armor do's and don't's.. if's and and's..
    And who taught you these skills to a level where you can impart them to others?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 9:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I do not have a license to teach these skills and give a license.
    I can train others from my experience without passing on a license to others. This was a class on body armor not a class to train the trainer.
    Certification and license are totally different.
    Take for example, I have a drivers certification. I cannot teach drivers ed and give a certification.
    Much like having a purpleblueorange belt in forumfu.
    It is a belt like the certification nothing more. The license to teach the forumfu would be a license and not a certification of completion of a course.
    It is much like the Bujinkan, I have two senior rankings in that organization.
    I am not license to give license to others through that organization now.
    This doesn't mean I am not license in my rank but I cannot train others through that organization.
    I hope you understand.
    American martial arts have little respect and honor where as the ranking and teaching is concerned. This is where the difference is in traditional and modern martial arts are concerned in my opinion.
    The same holds true for shotokan. I did not get a license to teach that art.
    So I do not teach that art.
    I did teach that art at one time but through an organization.
    I would assume understanding this you could understand why I could care less about having any rank in shotokan at this time... meaning I no longer wish to talk about that art.
    Been there done that and now moved on.
    Ralph

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 9:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ralph,

Can you show us your judo ranking certification? What belt? What association?
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 9:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rude,
    Thanks but no thanks,
    Ralph

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 10:06pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who teaches an 8hr stand-alone course in "soft body armor" ?

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 10:10pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Few know about body armor do's and don't's.. if's and and's.."

Enlighten us.

I'm sensing some "resume padding" going on here. If I were to list every subject and class hour of every topic I have sat through between my military career, LE Academy, SWAT School, yearly departmental training, follow-on courses (radar school, rapid deployment school, terrorism awareness courses, etc etc.) and the FBI National Academy I could put up a whopper of a list too...but it would be embarrassingly disingenuous and pointlessly self-aggrandizing.
    Last edited by tgace; 2/09/2010 10:21pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 10:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My friend the same goes here.. but that is not the case here.
    If I were to list every subject and class hour of every topic I have sat through between my military career, LE Academy, SWAT School, yearly departmental training, follow-on courses (radar school, rapid deployment school, terrorism awareness courses, etc etc.) and the FBI National Academy.

You are not the only one who has been to a few classes and not received certifications. And what is your point?
    Or do you have one?
    Ralph

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 10:38pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post

I do not have a license to teach these skills and give a license.
    I can train others from my experience without passing on a license to others. This was a class on body armor not a class to train the trainer.
    Certification and license are totally different.
    Take for example, I have a drivers certification. I cannot teach drivers ed and give a certification.
    Much like having a purpleblueorange belt in forumfu.
    It is a belt like the certification nothing more. The license to teach the forumfu would be a license and not a certification of completion of a course.
    It is much like the Bujinkan, I have two senior rankings in that organization.
    I am not license to give license to others through that organization now.
    This doesn't mean I am not license in my rank but I cannot train others through that organization.
    I hope you understand.
    American martial arts have little respect and honor where as the ranking and teaching is concerned. This is where the difference is in traditional and modern martial arts are concerned in my opinion.
    The same holds true for shotokan. I did not get a license to teach that art.
    So I do not teach that art.
    I did teach that art at one time but through an organization.
    I would assume understanding this you could understand why I could care less about having any rank in shotokan at this time... meaning I no longer wish to talk about that art.
    Been there done that and now moved on.
    Ralph

I understand what you mean, Ralph. You are not "qualified" as such, but you have "qualifications".

I have "qualifications" in Financial Planning, but I am not a qualified Financial Planner. Which means I can give advice on Financial Planning, because I have some qualifications in it. That is the same as you, you have some "qualifications" in the martial arts/ combat and thus are able to give "advice" on martial arts/ combat.

The difference is you are purporting to be the combat equivalent of a qualified Financial Planner. If I purported to be a qualified Financial Planner with my qualifications, ASIC (Australian Securities and Investment Commission) would shut me down and prosecute me within hours of their first complaint. I would not win the case due to having no certification, no witnesses backing any statements I made in relation to them certifying me and I have absolutely no track record of any of my Financial Planning skills working in the market.

Consider Bullshido is like ASIC. Your case is weak, you have provided little to no evidence, no certificates, your witnesses have not backed your statements, you are evasive, you have absolutely no reliable track record of your teaching having actually worked and you keep calling the bench "immature".

In an ASIC case the bench would strip me of my current qualifications and ban me from working in the financial sector ever again. I might even face jail time, especially if someone is injured financially by my advice.

In our version, the bench includes potential clients of your business, of which will see your weak case and deny you potential income. If one of your students decides to think for themselves and checks the internet for articles about you, of which this will be the first they find, they will realise they have been duped and you will be stripped of their income.

Rest assured your "qualifications" will not be stripped, as mine would be by ASIC. Unfortunately, they might as well be after this investigation, your qualifications mean **** when people know you are not fully qualified.