Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 1:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    I believe over the last few weeks I have covered this.. do your research..
    Yes, and what is your Q - Do you wish to ask something regarding this?
    This training was from 2000 so I will reply, I trained 7 months with C M. in Dallas and 6 years and 5 months with A M. in Dallas. I went to class once to twice a week due to my own Academy duties.
    So.. what's the big deal?
    Ralph
    I had not seen an actual belt mentioned elsewhere, although it may be in there somewhere.
    Your site only mentions years training, so the claim of a brown is new in my understanding.
    You may find the site to be particularly interested in that ranking.
    :eusa_naug

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 2:00pm

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not teach BJJ so if you have Q regarding my training then ok.. other wise.. it's not your business regarding the rank or who I trained with and if it was important to you then do your research.

NRA, I have trained in different courses taught by NRA LED and the BNRA license guys. But I am not certified by the NRA. No, I do not find the NRA sufficient for my training or skill sets. The LED and the BNRA course are mainly of no concern of mine.
    Thank you,
    Ralph

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 2:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So maybe the better question would be then, how much %-wise does firearms training comprise of your curriculum? 10%, 20%, 50%?
    The basic training I do today three to four days a week is JunFan, Panantukan, dumog, kali, catch as catch can. My own personal training is with geared towards health and fitness or I would like to refer to it as attribute development. My personal training outside the normal class is two or three times a week. So maybe 12 hours a week for training.
    Firearms as well as other tools are introduced into the scheme of training in areas such as defense and offense standing, kneeling, supine, sitting, prone positions.
    Firearms drills and such are about every other day. I shoot pistol every 3 weeks and rifle every 4 weeks. The shooting can be either at the indoor or outdoor range or on private property where I can do as I please without rules.

Of that firearms training, how much do you concentrate on failure to fire, failure to function, stoppages, stovepipes, etc?
    The drills I do about every other day are geared toward survival skills such as these in Q.

How much do you concentrate on "oh ****" scenarios such as dropping the magazine, hitting the slide release before you reload, firearm gets hung up on clothing, belt, holster, gear etc?
    The drills I do about every other day and in live fire training are geared toward survival skills such as these in Q.

Thank you,
    Ralph

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 2:14pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You get into fire fights much do you ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 2:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So maybe the better question would be then, how much %-wise does firearms training comprise of your curriculum? 10%, 20%, 50%?
    Maybe this will give you some knowledge of my involvement in the areas of firearms. I believe and don’t hold me to this number, I have ran and taught firearm related subjects such as: 6 woodland, 4 urban, 22 CQC, 6 home, 6 auto, 10 safety, 4 maintenance & repair, 20 basic range shooting, 200 to 300 yd long range courses from 2000 to today. Before the year 2000 well that is a totally different count.

Thank you,
    Ralph

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 3:00pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You claim to be a brown in BJJ but don't know how to teach? Major bullshit alert right here.In light of your phony Judo rank I'm calling bullshit on the BJJ as well.

Let me rephrase that. If you really had a brown belt then you would've known that's already a license to teach.
    Last edited by Psycho Dad; 2/09/2010 3:05pm at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 3:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't most people studying BJJ start to ..(or be considered knowledgeable enough to) teach around blue ?

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 3:09pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    Don't most people studying BJJ start to ..(or be considered knowledgeable enough to) teach around blue ?
    Purple actually. And unless there's suddenly a new teaching system out there, the belt itself (once again, at least a Purple belt) is proof of your qualification to teach. So I have no idea what the **** is Ralph Severe talking about when he says he doesn't have "certification" to teach but yet claims to be a Brown belt. Sounds like more bullshit from Ralph to me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 3:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    It varies as far as I know. Most Blues, that teach, do so under supervision with beginners. There are a few that teach when no one is available in that area. Mostly, people start teaching at purple and above.

Hopefully, a BJJer will post.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 3:14pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Understood.. I knew that you regularly got non black belts teaching, I just couldn't remember at what level or the responsibility they would undertake.

~Ella Wheeler