That's it for me, good luck.
    Ralph

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 11:27pm

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    “From what I gather from your web site, you teach Ninjutsu, systema, and urban combatatives”?
    Yes.
    “Would you consider showing up at the 2010 Mega if it's held in Dallas”?
    I don’t believe I would be interested. But thank you.
    “Perhaps you would consider giving a short seminar”?
    I don’t feel I would have anything to offer . I’m sure if someone wishes they can contact me directly and join me during my normal classes either weaponry, firearms or etc..
    “If you do not teach it publicly, why is it mentioned on your public website”?
    Because someone might have interest in togakure ryu ninpo taijutsu. I appreciate your free advice on my web site.

thank you,
    Ralph

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2010 1:47am

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for answering my questions.

Posted On:
    1/30/2010 4:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good afternoon, Mr. Severe.

Thank you again for agreeing to answer questions. You have been here for a few days, and have indeed had to put up with some immature comments that were at least in my opinion uncalled for, and child-like. I truly appreciate you sticking around despite it all. However, I must ask, why are you limiting the question set to Bujinkan training? It appears that Ninjutsu is not the only art you are teaching, and as such, should not be limiting the questions answered to only one selected art.

I would like to point to your site where you list a long set of ranks and credentials to support your status as an authority in hand to hand combatative arts.

http://www.artofcombat.com/instructors.htm
    (Ranks listed on the web site)

To clear up any misconceptions for anyone on this site, you DID indicate that these are arts you TRAINED in, not all the arts below resulted in some sort of rank. This is the part I believe some of the posters may have taken issue with. For those who may need clarification:

Ranked Arts:
    • SHOTOKAN(1st black belt)
    • TAE KWON DO(3rd black belt)
    • SPORT JUDO(1st black belt)
    • JUJUTSU(1st black belt)
    • TANG SOO DO(1st black belt)
    • HAPKIDO(1st black belt)
    Unranked Arts:
    • WESTERN BOXING (1974) again in (1991 to 2001)
    • JUN FAN GUNG FU - JEET KUNE DO (1976)
    • WING CHUN Gung Fu
    • WESTERN WRESTLING Free style
    • WESTERN FENCING (FOIL & SABER AND RAPIER)
    • NORTHERN CHINESE KICKING METHODS
    • AIKIDO
    • HWARANGDO (studied weaponry)
    • NINPO HAPPO BIKENJUTSU Hayes, Atkins, Dervenis method (1980 to 1988)
    • MUAY THAI KICKBOXING
    • SAVATE (studied training methods and kicks)
    • AIKIJUJUTSU DAITO RYU
    • FILIPINO METHODS-KALI (1983)
    • PENCAK SILAT (weaponry)
    • CHIN NA
    • KUKISHINDEN RYU DAKENTAIJUTSU HAPPO BIKEN (1988)
    • TAKAGI YOSHIN RYU JUTAIJUTSU (1988)
    • TOGAKURE RYU NINPO HAPPO BIKEN (1988)
    • KOTO RYU KOPPOJUTSU (1988)
    • GYOKKO RYU KOSHIJUTSU NINPO (1988)
    • SHINDEN FUDO RYU DAKENTAIJUTSU (1988)
    • FILIPINO METHODS-DUMOG, PANANTUKAN-PANAJAKMAN
    • TAI CHI CHUAN(YANG)
    • GRECO-ROMAN WRESTLING
    • SHOOTO WRESTLING-SATORU SAYAMA method(1992)
    • SHINDEN FUDO RYU JUTAIJUTSU (1992)
    • SAMBO-SPORT & COMBAT (1995)
    • BRAZILIAN JUJUTSU - JUDO (1994 to 2001)
    • SYSTEMA RMA (1996)
    • CATCH "Hook" WRESTLING (1998)
    • R.O.S.S RMA (1998)
    • ASAYAMA ICHIDEN RYU Taijutsu
    • KASHIMA SHIN RYU Bukijutsu
    • TOYAMA RYU Kenjutsu
    • MUSO SHINDEN RYU Jojutsu
    • KATORI SHINTO RYU Bukijutsu
    • KUKISHIN RYU (2004)
    For the unranked arts, how long on average did you train? Was this on and off training, attending seminars, or did you study with instructors in a class environment? Do you teach elements of these other arts as a part of your class, or was that entirely for your own personal growth and research?

I also understand and appreciate your issue with ranks. In the end, what truly matters is the result of the training. Colored belts can be bought and sold, and are by no means a measure of one’s skills as a martial artist. However, I am of the opinion that when one claims rank or training in a martial art as credentials to display one’s knowledge in the field of MA, such things become important. For that reason, I again am curious as to why you are limiting the questions to your experience with the Bujinkan.

Thank you in advance, Mr. Severe.
    If I find myself in TX in the near future, I hope to catch a class.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2010 6:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sri hanuman,
    I will try to answer these Q.
    But I will not go into the matters or ranking. I hope you understand.

I must ask, why are you limiting the question set to Bujinkan training?
    I am not. I am also taking Q on my training today as well as members of the Bujinkan I have or do train with.

For the unranked arts, how long on average did you train?
    Which ones?

Was this on and off training, attending seminars, or did you study with instructors in a class environment?
    Which ones?

Do you teach elements of these other arts as a part of your class, or was that entirely for your own personal growth and research?
    Which ones?

I would hope you will not ask me to explain all of these.

Thank you,
    Ralph

Posted On:
    1/30/2010 6:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the unranked arts, I meant generally. However, since it is a large list, let me narrow it down a bit. I am curious about your training in boxing, freestyle wrestling, Northern Chinese kicking methods, and most importantly (in my own opinion) Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Judo.

For these particular arts, what was the training like, for how long (approximately) did you train? Did you study constantly, with an instructor, or attend seminars, or was this more on and off training? Do you incorporate these arts into what you teach now? If so, approximately how much of these arts into the current curriculum?

I realize that there are many questions, and again, appreciate the time you are putting into this.

Again, thank you for answering.

respectfully,
    Demitri Pevzner
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2010 7:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Demitri Pevzner,
    I will answer these Q but will not take the time to go into detail other than the basic this and that.
    If you have a Q of interest regarding my feelings or thoughts I will go into that as well. If you wish to know 'why' I have the opinion I do, then I will answer that too.
    I hope you understand.

boxing, I started my formal training in Memphis Tenn in 1973 which I train there for three months around once to twice a week. I was more interested in the taekwondo and shotokan at this age. After that I trained in western boxing here and there. My last formal training class was in 2007. I do not care for sport boxing and do not care for the gloves and issues with the sport which restrains you from exploring the other tool development. But it is a good fitness system.

freestyle wrestling, I was introduced to western wrestling in 1973 in Memphis Tenn. By a High school student buddy who use to be a goal mentalist in judo and a state champ in wrestling. He always seem to beat me up pretty good regardless of my past and current training at that time in my life. I researched and trained in western wrestling until 2002 when I stopped doing BJJ. My opinion is this system is the over all best for take downs and I feel it is better than sambo and judo in that regards.

Northern Chinese kicking methods, Most of my training in Northern style Chinese kicking methods were learned through autodidact methods. I took bits and pieces of what I learned visiting different school of Chinese systems and developed my methods from those experiences. I did not have any type of formal teacher for any length of time, meaning not in a formal classroom. This stuff was cool and groovy at this time because it looked cool and groovy. But.. in reality..

and most importantly (in my own opinion) Muay Thai, I started my research into this system in 1980 in Dallas Texas with different students and teachers of the system. What I always enjoyed about this system of study was the tied up, knees and elbows up close. I stopped training in this system in 2007 where I ended my training due to physical challenges and concerns. My opinion this is a wonderful fitness system. I still use methods in my solo training today.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, I stated my training in Dallas Texas in 1994 and stopped my training in 2002.

Judo, I started my training in Memephis Tenn at the Davis YMCA. And the trainer only focused on throws and basic takedowns. I had more serious training throughout the years where I got deeply into the traditional and ground fighting till 2004. During this time and after is when I started my jujutsu training. The jujutsu system training was very traditional and stiff.

I really do not use these systems above in the training today due to I have other concepts and methods I rather be working on. I mainly use panantukan, kali, dumog, catch as catch can and junfan in the attacking system and Russian and Japanese in the defensive system of my research today.
    They are totally different methods of research.
    I would like to point out, I do not train for sport or the concepts of sport. I train for spirituality, self discovery, self perfection and self protection. This leads to pragmatic training with weaponry such as firearms and survival type conclusions. So the idea of most of these systems lead to the mind set of sport where as I could care less about that now in my life.

May I also add the list you have there needs to be updated.

Thank you,
    ralph
    Last edited by kamiyamashinobi; 1/30/2010 7:15pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2010 7:06pm

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinbo
    muerteds, MORE assumptions?

Unbelievable. It is just make it up as we go.. what ever we wish to say.. spit out BS, lets just say it without any proof.

You guys have entertained me for the past few days.
    I hope you have enjoyed your own BS and false statements regarding someone else life.
    Any-----thing else?
    Anything at all?
    Come on.. ------ this is the best you guys can do then I am not impressed.
    NOT AT ALL.

I give you a chance to ask me direct Q regarding the Bujinkan or my training and this is it?
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Hey one more day and that is it for me. Take advantage of this.. then bye bye.

Thank you,
    Ralph
    Once again, I made no assumptions. I told you exactly what I think, and I told you exactly what my motives are. I could quote it all, but that just gets tedious. I did it before, and you ignored it.

I'll email you today for details on a visit in Dallas when I come home on leave. I'll let you know that in the interests of fairness, I will post my e-mail here, so that it's evident I'm not just jerking you around. It's a shame you're not willing to interact with a larger martial arts community by turning down a chance to show up and participate at the Mega-Throwdown, should it happen in Dallas. However, I do hope my visit will be enlightening just the same.

Again, I want to make it clear that I don't doubt you trained in the Bujinkan, or that you're teaching and know ninpo, etc. I simply think that many of those techniques don't look good to me. My attempt to work with you is my way of not assuming anything. It's my way of making sure I have the full story. Surely you can respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jude
    What're your areas of expertise/credentials pls, just so we know where you're coming from while being so critical of what someone else is teaching, or why we should care? Thanks
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78569 There's my intro in a nutshell. Obviously, it's about a year out of date, as I am in Mississippi now. Also, I have since received my nidan in Danzan ryu jujitsu last March. If there's something else you feel I need to elaborate on, just let me know. I'm no grandmaster, but I didn't fall off the turnip truck last night. I'm pretty sure it was the night before last....

Honestly, I don't feel I'm being overly critical here. I am seeing things, questioning them, and providing reasons why. I have specifically given credit where it is due, and haven't once jumped on the "Bujinkan Sucks!" bandwagon. I am also, uniquely I might add, willing to meet Mr. Severe and work with him. So please don't lump me in with the E-dragons. I am critical, yes; but my criticism has been specific, and to the point.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    1/30/2010 7:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    Rafael,
    Thank you for your opinion on my web site. Your opinion is I am lying. How so? You are more than welcome to state where I have lied on my web site. If you have no proof of any lies then I would like an apology for your rude and unfounded statement that I am lying.
    Now.. correct me if I am wrong here or misleading by saying It seems you are the one casing a lie and manifesting an agenda to create the scheme of lies concerning my web site.
    Thank you but no thank you...,
    Ralph
    Well, Sir,

This is neither a question of politeness nor of semantics.
    Your record does not match your physical appeareance.

So, it's on me, as a potential customer who reads your advertisement, because that's what your website is, to question the legitimacy of your claims.

You claim to be a master in not only one, but several martial arts that demand not only a high stamina, but strong leg muscles and high flexibility.
    Or, 270° upwards kicks. And splits.(Karate, TKD, TSD, HKD)

But you have the body of a wrestler, at best.

Combining that with the very core of your art consisting in recruiting people with a weakness for Japanese folklore (ninjutsu) and for playing soldier (Ultimate Whateveryoucallit), this looks pretty much like a typical martial arts master wanna-be who tried to boost his own profile through telling lies.

You should not understand this as an insult, however; we're merely asking aloud what many potential students of yours might have asked themselves after reading your website.

Sorry, but not so sorry,

Rafael

Posted On:
    1/30/2010 7:21pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    Hello, nice of you to join us.
    Do you have any Q regarding the Bujinkan or my training?
    Feel free to ask them if you do.
    Thank you,
    Ralph
    *Or* your training? As in your non-Bujinkan training? That's what we've been asking but you're refusing to answer.