Page 20 of 187 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 212223243070120 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 7:00pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    And no, Koryu jujitsu would not be jujitsu that is koryu. It is not jitsu it is jutsu so it is koryu jujutsu if you are referring to koryu bugei ryuha.
    Anything else?

Thank you,
    Ralph
    Attributing some meaning due to the romanisation system used is rather pointless, different systems have been used for different reasons, and at different times, it's like arguing that only people doing gong fu have teh r34l, and those doing kung fu do not, it doesn't change the words in their real language, it's only an approximation for transliteration in western characters, the japanese kanji is the same in each instance.

It's hyperbole like this that has made the thread pointless for a large percentage of it, you guys would be more productive taking up herding cats as a hobby.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 9:17pm

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uncle skippy, I agree this thread does speak for itself. Totally immature, unwholesome energy and ill related post regarding someone which are not fact and not proven.
    Why?
    To get off someone's or your jollies?
    You or the ones doing so can only answer that.
    I assume this is the best you have and wish to beating a dead horse right?
    Hmmm ok..
    As I started this reply thread, """"""""I would answer Q regarding my training today as well as the Q regarding the Bujinkan"""""""". That includes the ranking within that organization. Get it right before spreading more BS through this immature propaganda.
    You are still trying to push your agenda as if I never wanted to answer these Q. You are not telling the facts as they truly are now are you? You are flat out a lair, I have asked you as well as anyone to ask me Q regrading the subjects of my training today and the Bujinkan as well as any member of the Bujinkan I trained with.

Simple, once more, do you have any Q?
    If not why not drop it?
    Stop being a forum paper dragon hiding behind some computer and get on with your life.

Thank you,
    Ralph
    Last edited by kamiyamashinobi; 1/29/2010 9:20pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 9:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ou have and wish to beating a dead horse right?
    Hmmm ok..
    As I started this reply thread, """"""""I would answer Q regarding my training today as well as the Q regarding the Bujinkan"""""""".
    No here is your opening post:

Hello, I found this and felt it was pretty interesting.
    I have an open policy and don't mind answering questions.
    Feel free to ask me regarding this silly and immature thread about my personal experiences, skills, license and etc.

Thank you,
    Ralph

After a rank question:
    First off I will answer any Q regarding my training now or with the Bujinkan Dojo under Hatsumi sensei or with any of the members I trained with in the Bujinkan Dojo during the time I was a member in that organization in my good time. If you wish to be rude or immature with your Q I will not reply. I believe that is fair.

Then:
    I will not be answering silly meaningless Q about ranking.
    People, this is why the edit button disappears. Oh and watch the semantics games begin in earnest.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/29/2010 9:41pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 9:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    muerteds, MORE assumptions?

Unbelievable. It is just make it up as we go.. what ever we wish to say.. spit out BS, lets just say it without any proof.

You guys have entertained me for the past few days.
    I hope you have enjoyed your own BS and false statements regarding someone else life.
    Any-----thing else?
    Anything at all?
    Come on.. ------ this is the best you guys can do then I am not impressed.
    NOT AT ALL.

I give you a chance to ask me direct Q regarding the Bujinkan or my training and this is it?
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Hey one more day and that is it for me. Take advantage of this.. then bye bye.

Thank you,
    Ralph

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 9:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So any Q?
    One more day.
    Feel free to ask me regarding this silly and immature thread about my personal experiences, skills, license and etc.
    Just stick to the training I do today and the Bujinkan.
    If not why not drop it?
    Stop being a forum paper dragon hiding behind some computer and get on with your life.

Thank you,
    Ralph

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 9:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Severe, I am curious about your curriculum.

From what I gather from your web site, you teach Ninjutsu, systema, and urban combatatives?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 9:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So any Q?
    One more day.
    Just stick to the training I do today and the Bujinkan.
    If not why not drop it?

Thank you,
    Ralph

See what happens when an adult is never questioned? Immaturity. Well, paper tigers use threats and insults when their lies are brought to the surface.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 10:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muerteds View Post
    Koryu jujitsu: http://www.koryu.com/index.html. You should be familiar with the term, since you study an art that claims to be koryu. So, non-koryu jujitsu would be jujitsu that is not koryu. Some examples would be judo, danzan ryu jujitsu, and small circle jujitsu.

As to whether or not a staff is a battlefield weapon isn't an opinion. It's a statement based on facts. The fact is, quarterstaves and halfstaves were not used en mass on the battlefield. If you want to argue that individual combat is a battlefield, albeit on a smaller scale, then we go down the semnatics rabbit hole. Suffice to say that staves were not popular in large-scale engagements. Battles.

Now, Dsimion did a good job backing up your video. Mind you, I disagree with the conclusions he comes to: every staff art tries to keep their hands away from an opponent. Nothing is so special about the katana that you would take extra care to keep your fingers from getting sheared off that you wouldn't take facing a longsword or falchion. But, he did reply to my questions directly. You have asked me more questions, but haven't done much explanation yourself, allowing Dsimion to do it for you. You have explained that what I see is "demo" rather than "training". But your other training videos you've posted don't strike me as very insightful, either.

I still remain unimpressed by most of your weapons work. Perhaps kukishin ryu is not for me. But I will continue to steer my friends clear of you- and when I teach people a long staff, I will teach them to retain better control than your system does. I will also continue to steer them clear of you for any Systema training- rolling about with firearms is a good way to have a horrible accident, and your hand to hand skills leave me wishing you understood how a good throw is supposed to look. To your credit, your single-stick drilling looked competent, and it's obvious you've put in effort there.

I don't bear you any ill will, and I'm not going to run you down. I just feel that the people I train with actually know what they're doing. I also feel that when I teach my students, they don't learn dangerous things that will have them shooting themselves in the groin or losing control of their weapon. And they will dang sure know what kuzushi is, and how to apply it in a throw.

If ever there is a Dallas Throwdown, I'd encourage you and your students to show up. I realize you're not at a competitive level any more, and that's not what Throwdowns are for. Hell, I don't get much chance to compete. But they are very good at working on things you might not be up to speed on, and showing you where you need more effort. If that idea is still not for you, if you like, I'll PM you my e-mail, and we can work out a chance for me to get to work with you or your students when next I am home. March works well for me, as I am planning to take some leave during that time. I'm not just a faceless keyboard warrior. I'm a guy who likes learning new things, and meeting new people to do it. I just tend to call it like I see it.
    What're your areas of expertise/credentials pls, just so we know where you're coming from while being so critical of what someone else is teaching, or why we should care? Thanks
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 10:23pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    muerteds, MORE assumptions?

Unbelievable. It is just make it up as we go.. what ever we wish to say.. spit out BS, lets just say it without any proof.

You guys have entertained me for the past few days.
    I hope you have enjoyed your own BS and false statements regarding someone else life.
    Any-----thing else?
    Anything at all?
    Come on.. ------ this is the best you guys can do then I am not impressed.
    NOT AT ALL.

I give you a chance to ask me direct Q regarding the Bujinkan or my training and this is it?
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Hey one more day and that is it for me. Take advantage of this.. then bye bye.

Thank you,
    Ralph
    Hello Ralph,

Would you consider showing up at the 2010 Mega if it's held in Dallas?

2010 Mega - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Throwdowns are non confrontational get togethers and no BS is tolerated.

Perhaps you would consider giving a short seminar?

Registered Member

Deep inside the intestine of a sperm whale

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 10:24pm

Style: Judo, ITF, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meat monkey, “waitwaitwaitwait. Hold on a second.,It is a public misconception that you teach ninjutsu because you use the name ninjutsu”?
    I do not concern myself with others misconception. I was only stating that this might be a challenge to most in understanding what it is I train in and teach others.

“Well, it is a fairly justified misconception then is it not”?
    I’m not sure or assume others understanding on the Japanese warrior arts.

“I do no wish to come on all agressive, however, if you do no teach ninjutsu, why be using the name at all”?
    I believe you are taking my statement out of context due to this being written word and not face to face conversation. I do not teach Ninjutsu publicly but I train in as well teach Ninjutsu just about everyday.
    Okay.
    First off sir, thank you for taking the time to address one of my questions, if not the other, I appreciate your time.

If you do not teach it publicly, why is it mentioned on your public website?
    The link in the top bar is marked ninjutsu, the title then uses ninpo, then frequently throughout the text the term ninjutsu is used once more.

If perhaps it is merely the website that is incorrect, may I suggest some further editing of said website. As it stands, anybody (ie the public) reading the printed information would more than likely come away that you do, in fact, instruct publicly in ninjutsu.

Believe me, as a person now studying languages and translation formally at university, I more than understand the difficulties that can arise from written as opposed spoken conversation, which often carries as much non-verbal communication as it does verbal. However, as someone aware of such potential for miscommunication, it does fall to you to make sure that you are as consise as possible in all printed information ( at least all information for which ou are responsible anyways :) )