Our Sponsors:

Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1871
Page 184 of 188 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184 185186187188 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/09/2013 1:20pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get a load of Ralphs malfunction drill at 2:14...

And don't get me started on his supposed "students" and their attempts at the SUL position.
    Last edited by tgace; 2/09/2013 1:44pm at .

Posted On:
    2/09/2013 2:05pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing with firearms "training"..and maybe this is beyond the scope of this thread..is WHAT exactly are you supposed to be practicing? For the life of me I can't figure out what concepts Ralph thinks he's teaching. I can see reloads, firing from cover and fire and movement in there...with tons of bad ideas..but it's unfocused "playing around". And the "fire one shot and look cool" stuff I don't get.

Here's an example of me doing a drill. It's an actual course of fire..timed and scored. I'm not claiming expertise or that Im a model for good technique here. I filmed it to see what form errors I have....and I found some. :)

So yeah I fire one shot in some drills but there's a goal. The idea is to score a zoned hit within a specific time Par.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 3:10pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    video=youtube;5TW0swfT6Vs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TW0swfT6Vs[/video]
    You know what mate.. the fact they are all amateurs, including Ralph, is the ONLY savior for the bullshit seen in that video.

*IF* these people are paying Ralph Severe to teach them that ridiculous crap, I pity their short shortsightedness. This sort of ill-informed, ill-trained, flawed concept is exactly the same rubbish which will get people killed.

And shame on the LE Officer who seems to support that idiots aims.

I see so many poor habits and downright dangerous mistakes which can only exist on a range, with an active shooter, these misguided people operating like this would be shot.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 8:24pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know which puzzles me more..people thinking this is good training:

Or this comment on the vid:

Probably one of the best drills I have ever seen. The other excellent drills I have seen have also been by Ralph Severe, Master Warrior Technician. December 7, marked my 11th year in State Level Law Enforcement, and I have never seen any better weapon and survival articulation drills than by Ralph Severe.

What sort of weapon training schooling/experience does RS have to make a veteran LEO say something like this? RS has "the best drills" he has ever seen?? Ralph is better than:

or

or

...Master Warrior Technician?

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 10:23pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen some depts skills that would make your toes curl so comments like thr don't surprise me as much as they should

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 10:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    I've seen some depts skills that would make your toes curl so comments like thr don't surprise me as much as they should
    Oh..agreed. But anyone with any sort of passing interest in firearms should have seen stuff FAR better than RS.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 10:36pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh absolutely - but as is so often the case it's always possible to find a supporting quote from an "authority" who does not know better themselves.

For me coming from the UK to Canada I threw myself into firearms because it was so alien to me - a quote from me 7 years ago would have been meaningless but without knowing me and my background I would just be a Candian city Cop. Scary isn't it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 12:07am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've only went shooting guns once with my lawyer/sensei, but even I am surprised that none of these goofballs shot themselves in the legs or something with these 'drills'.

wtf are they training for? It can't be self defense, or will they all be walking around with an m16, a tactical vest, utility belt and a handgun? (plus all the *cool ***** we haven't seen yet?

edit: never mind, they're preparing for civilization to collapse because of Obama. Lol
    Last edited by Syphilis; 6/12/2013 12:19am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 7:34pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those videos are freaking crazy when shown next to real deal instructors. These videos actually prove the point that I have been trying to make for so long. If someone would watch these videos from an objective standpoint they would see an extremely sloppy individual who is very obviously not pulling from experience, but from some alternate horror show-esque fantasy. On the other side of the coin, you have individuals who look like professionals, and show the whys and hows in every instruction that they provide. Excellent post to provide a side-by-side reference. The comment of Ralph's video is by one of the following: 1) A rookie 2) A non law enforcement poser 3) An out of touch administrator.

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 8:29pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJohn View Post
    Those videos are freaking crazy when shown next to real deal instructors. These videos actually prove the point that I have been trying to make for so long. If someone would watch these videos from an objective standpoint they would see an extremely sloppy individual who is very obviously not pulling from experience, but from some alternate horror show-esque fantasy. On the other side of the coin, you have individuals who look like professionals, and show the whys and hows in every instruction that they provide. Excellent post to provide a side-by-side reference. The comment of Ralph's video is by one of the following: 1) A rookie 2) A non law enforcement poser 3) An out of touch administrator.
    Or someone with an inexplicable need to have a "ninja master"....