223757 Bullies, 3688 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1867
Page 182 of 187 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182 183184185186 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 12:57am

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7uE...e_gdata_player

Not my best/smoothest/fastest/flashiest work, but this is one way I practice my moving, transition, and reloading.

Note that I make it so that I run out of ammo, transition, then reload and go back to the long gun...sorry, no shoulder switches....maybe next time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Tgace nothing wrong there. @ 1 minute you had almost zero muzzle climb on your advance, it looked nice and smooth, no bouncing. I adopt the similar stance you use in the begining when shooting stationary cept maybe my right foot is slightly more forward. (I am a left hand shooter though), and I tuck my elbows a bit more. (This was learned the hard way from entries.....I dont like wearing elbow pads and I have caught an elbow on a door jam entering a room in a haste...Im talking smashed so hard hand went numb and almost dropped rifle hard, I was a bit embarassed) I thought it was a good solid example of a transition. Also wonder why you prefer a hip holster over a thigh rig? Is it because it's your standard carry position on duty? Im curious because I was one of the few guys that actually prefered a hip carry over the thigh rides alot of my buddies used, just felt more natural to draw from IMO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 1:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappyhead View Post
    Along those lines why are some of them using the magazine for a grip? Is that actually a legitimate method of holding a rifle? My firearms use is limited to bolt action rifles and shotguns but that just looks very off to me.
    I actually use the mag well.......not the mag as my front grip point....but the mag well(this is by no means common.) It is what I became comfortable doing when CQB style reflexive firing for a few reasons... 1) I am a left handed shooter by placing my lead hand on the mag well on an AR15 style set up, my thumb is very very close to the mag release, It speeds my reload time because I dont have to come off a pistol grip and back to drop a mag...2) I'm not a big guy and I just found it more comfortable to grip in that position I find a foregrip even set way back extends my arm out further than I like and that I get a better shoulder weld by using the mag well. 3) one less godman thing on my rifle to make it heavier. Im a kiss kinda guy, heck I even like shooting iron sights over reflex optics at real close range (totally all personal preference though.)

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 9:40am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The AK handguard is known to get exceedingly hot when fired so many shooters have adopted that magazine grip...others just wear gloves because its better to grip closer to the muzzle (especially with longer barrels) to drive the barrel to target...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tYjitNI...?v=tYjitNIEmzw

I have started to adopt this stance myself...

Last edited by tgace; 5/13/2012 9:45am at .

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 9:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do have a thigh holster but I only wear it when I'm in heavy body armor that makes access difficult.

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 1:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that I'm a stellar example of weapon technique, but based on my mil/le training, this is how I look behind a pistol and/or rifle..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IEa7H0r...?v=IEa7H0rpbHQ

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RxFDYuz...?v=RxFDYuzms6k

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpw1Nrw...?v=Rpw1NrwfxIc

Note...I'm not afraid to show that I miss....something I always note in Ralph's shooting vids is the lack of results on target.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 3:27pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The AK handguard is known to get exceedingly hot when fired so many shooters have adopted that magazine grip...others just wear gloves because its better to grip closer to the muzzle (especially with longer barrels) to drive the barrel to target...

Thanks for clearing that up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 10:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I was wondering if you hade used that Mag Pul one. I tried it for awhile just could not get comfortable with it.

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 8:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

@ 1:20

This guy should be more careful about advertising private/off-duty instruction in his dept. uniform. Unless his dept has authorized it of course.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 12:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF!! is that Chun **** @ 32 and 50 !!!!! LOL ..........Tgace any thought on contacting that said LEO to ask him if maybe he stood too close to a grow op seizure burn with out a gas mask for to long? So I know this is a MABS, and I've only honestly skimmed some of the posts because it's so long. But has anyone verified ANY of the credentials he claims? Or is this just what it is and everyone knows he's a tool?

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    WTF!! is that Chun **** @ 32 and 50 !!!!! LOL
    The VanDammery of those kicks was more than I could bear!!!!