228137 Bullies, 4888 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1871
Page 181 of 188 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181 182183184185 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 3:29pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree. Everything I learned from DeathWish 1-5 and Commando is that the closer you get the worse their aim.

Anyway, downtime, I may be wrong but I think he is talking civilian and the average idiot taking these types of poor classes.
    Thanks I did miss that...I do have a tendency to apply military thought process to shooting situations. Or I was just so flaberghasted by the videos that I couldnt formulate a coherrant thought on the subject due to my rage....yup going with that excuse....those videos give me nightmares at night now they're so awful.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 5:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post

Some more Severe firearms foolishness.

Somebody do the confirmation, but I think the guy with the fisherman's hat is the same guy that held a BB under Severe in Ninjutsu and posted in this thread.

As to the handling of the guns, let me ask bluntly, since my own experience with handling firearms is very limited, but is there ANY position from ANYBODY in this video that suggests that any of the people in there is trained in the use of guns or pistols?

[Trained being defined not as "regularly using", which was the semantical joke that Mr Severe wanted to pull on us, but as "practicing under the supervision of a qualified professional".]

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 6:54pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That backstance they all seem to take with the rifle is counter to any modern weapon handling technique. I know they get it from Hatsumi because I've seen the same stance in the old 80's ninja rags...you need to be aggressive behind an assault rifle. There's no way they would be able to control that weapon in rapid fire with those stances.

Didn't one of those guys have a badge? Is that the cop buddy of Ralph's who issued him his tactical "certifications"?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's no way they would be able to control that weapon in rapid fire with those stances.
    Adding to your assessment, their transition from long gun to handgun was rather unimpressive. In the absence of a tactical sling, I was trained to drop or prop the rifle as you are moving to cover and drawing your handgun from a holster. Yes, a holster--the cargo-pocket thing doesn't work for me either. Your thoughts on that aspect?!?!
    I have been through several Strategos International courses along with some other tactical training vendors and never learned any moves like the ones featured in that video.
    Last edited by slamdunc; 5/12/2012 7:21pm at .

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 9:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen various transition techniques where the long gun is held onto absent a sling. I have no issues with that, its the whole over complicated "dance" that Ralph has them doing...step back, step forward, hold gun this way, etc that I question.

In a nutshell...transition at CQB distance needs to be fast, and will likely be very close. Ralph's stuff seems very ad hoc, over complicated and designed for appearance vs effectiveness. I think he's self-taught.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 9:27pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he's self-taught.
    That would be my guess; the movements did not make sense at all.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 10:35pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Thanks I did miss that...I do have a tendency to apply military thought process to shooting situations. Or I was just so flaberghasted by the videos that I couldnt formulate a coherrant thought on the subject due to my rage....yup going with that excuse....those videos give me nightmares at night now they're so awful.
    The more experienced people that comment the better. Your comment just points out how ludicrous it is to train with idiots.

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 11:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7uE...e_gdata_player

Not my best/smoothest/fastest/flashiest work, but this is one way I practice my moving, transition, and reloading.

Note that I make it so that I run out of ammo, transition, then reload and go back to the long gun...sorry, no shoulder switches....maybe next time.

Last edited by tgace; 5/12/2012 11:29pm at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 11:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I said, I have little (two or three times) shooting experience, but what struck me is: The way they hold the guns/rifles suggests that they don't count on any sort of rebound.

Wouldn't their guns and especially the stocks of the rifles (Engrish?) simply slap the hell out of them the way they hold them? Like, how can they aim with a rifle without having a stable grip?

Like, as with all the videos by Severe, I get that feeling that this is really just a Shadowrun LARP that somehow went horribly wrong.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 5/12/2012 11:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 12:11am

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    As I said, I have little (two or three times) shooting experience, but what struck me is: The way they hold the guns/rifles suggests that they don't count on any sort of rebound.

Wouldn't their guns and especially the stocks of the rifles (Engrish?) simply slap the hell out of them the way they hold them? Like, how can they aim with a rifle without having a stable grip?
    Along those lines why are some of them using the magazine for a grip? Is that actually a legitimate method of holding a rifle? My firearms use is limited to bolt action rifles and shotguns but that just looks very off to me.