218358 Bullies, 5711 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1860
Page 180 of 186 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180 181182183184 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 6:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post

Some more Severe firearms foolishness.

No sound on work pc so maybe this is a dumb question; are those guns loaded? They've got a dog on the range wandering around and point their muzzle straight at the camera man

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 6:56pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^^^

What they said. And Sam, its not just non-mil/le that fall into the advance on target trap. For the most part...hostage rescue, active shooter scenarios aside....its better to find cover than it is to advance on target.

These Yahoos are missing the the point of shoulder switching....if they are not negotiating corners or shooting around cover wtf are they changing shoulders for?

I also laugh at the transition from rifle to pistol and back to rifle stuff I see Ralph's students doing in some vids...if you had to transition to the handgun, how/why are you going back to long gun without reloading or clearing a malfunction?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 8:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have never thought of myself as an expert, however I do have extensive tactical training and operational experience and it is ridiculous to think that this guy is training people this way. Bottom line, if he (much like Luke Holloway) is teaching LEO's and military guys and they are absorbing his information, someone WILL get hurt and tarnish our name further.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2012 2:56pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Some more Severe firearms foolishness.
    WTF!! I am now forced to clean my laptop screen and keyboard after involuntarily spitting out the coke I was drinking all over it!!! Ralph you owe me a new laptop.

I agree with Tgace 90% of the time. But sometimes advancing on a target is needed, the violence of action effect and all. clearing a fatal funnel so the remaining stack can gain entry ect. ect. I think even battle drill 4 (react to ambush near.) is a semi example of advancing on targets but even then it directs those ambushed to seek cover first. However sometimes seeking cover is not an option, in this case ...(well thats why they created sapi plates and luck.)

It is a truly horrible video though.
    Last edited by downtime; 5/10/2012 3:12pm at . Reason: forgot it was MABS and figured I better add something for fear of getting in trouble.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/10/2012 4:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to have to disagree. Everything I learned from DeathWish 1-5 and Commando is that the closer you get the worse their aim.

Anyway, downtime, I may be wrong but I think he is talking civilian and the average idiot taking these types of poor classes.

Posted On:
    5/10/2012 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree. Everything I learned from DeathWish 1-5 and Commando is that the closer you get the worse their aim.

Anyway, downtime, I may be wrong but I think he is talking civilian and the average idiot taking these types of poor classes.
    Exactly.

Even for most LE (not SWAT) encounters you are better of retreating to cover than you are charging in. I do advancing to target drills for the sake of practicing moving and shooting, but the actual application of that is tactically limited outside of military operations. Many SWAT teams are backing off of dynamic entry for anything short of hostage rescue these days for many of the same reasons.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2012 9:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly.

Even for most LE (not SWAT) encounters you are better of retreating to cover than you are charging in. I do advancing to target drills for the sake of practicing moving and shooting, but the actual application of that is tactically limited outside of military operations. Many SWAT teams are backing off of dynamic entry for anything short of hostage rescue these days for many of the same reasons.
    I can go "yes and no" on this topic. I typically agree that the smarter gunfighter is the one that finds a hard thing to hide behind and wait for folks, like Ralph, to make themselves accessible. I think advancing drills are extremely important for those FEW situations where an officer is forced to move aggressively to a person who is actively killing or harming others. That being said, if a cop is needed to do this task (which I hope never has to happen to anyone again) they should be shown the right way to move forward, advance with purpose and stop the bad things from occurring. Otherwise we will look like Ralph and his Compadres and will turn into an ineffective lump of **** with a gun, much like Ralph and his Compadres.

Posted On:
    5/10/2012 9:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJohn View Post
    I can go "yes and no" on this topic. I typically agree that the smarter gunfighter is the one that finds a hard thing to hide behind and wait for folks, like Ralph, to make themselves accessible. I think advancing drills are extremely important for those FEW situations where an officer is forced to move aggressively to a person who is actively killing or harming others. That being said, if a cop is needed to do this task (which I hope never has to happen to anyone again) they should be shown the right way to move forward, advance with purpose and stop the bad things from occurring. Otherwise we will look like Ralph and his Compadres and will turn into an ineffective lump of **** with a gun, much like Ralph and his Compadres.
    Agreed..upthread I stipulated hostage rescue, active shooter, etc. and other instances as being situations where advancing on the threat would be necessary; but it seems to me that far too many "tactical" courses are taught as military "locate, close with and destroy the enemy" style events. If you ingrain a mentality too deeply and it becomes a reaction rather than an option.

Of course Ralph is a survivalist/militia type so maybe he does envision a paramilitary scenario of advancing on trenches full of government black-shirts....who knows?

Posted On:
    5/10/2012 10:44pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ralph couldn't make it through boot camp but he'll survive either the collapse of government or the imposition of a fascist regime (even after he's plastered himself all over youtube)

Am I missing something?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2012 7:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed..upthread I stipulated hostage rescue, active shooter, etc. and other instances as being situations where advancing on the threat would be necessary; but it seems to me that far too many "tactical" courses are taught as military "locate, close with and destroy the enemy" style events. If you ingrain a mentality too deeply and it becomes a reaction rather than an option.

Of course Ralph is a survivalist/militia type so maybe he does envision a paramilitary scenario of advancing on trenches full of government black-shirts....who knows?
    You hit the nail on the head in both of your posts, brother. WE have become very militaristic in the style we move and what not. All I know is when it does hit the fan, I will have plenty of AK-47's at my disposal when the Ralph faction is killed by jack booted government fascists (we live a few hundred miles away).

Ralph couldn't make it through boot camp but he'll survive either the collapse of government or the imposition of a fascist regime (even after he's plastered himself all over youtube)

Am I missing something?
    All you're missing is the time you wasted watching Ralph. He should pay you now for your time.