Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 3:56am

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    asscowboy,
    1) Are you still a member of Bujinkan?
    My web site has this information but to make it really simple, I dropped away from being a member of the Bujinkan Dojo in 2004.
    2) Is that a Judan patch you are wearing in the videos?
    I do not feel there is a rank so-called judan other than given to the head master of the system under the soke if we are referring to Japanese martial arts. The reason which I feel this way is that the number 9 is the highest number of power in the Japanese mythology or energy.. all other numbers are made of 1-9. So "no" I do not recognize that to be a ranking in the Japanese martial arts.
    Now on the subject of ranking. I feel at 44 I was promoted to a kudan in the Japanese arts by Hatsumi sensei. I felt this was totally way way to soon in a young mans life to have such a responsibility of holding this ranking. So I dismissed myself and went on my own way.
    I feel the idea of the ranking is silly and has no true meaning other than a paper signed by a wonderful man.
    I will explain..
    It is true I did research the systems of the Bujinkan, 6 of them, for well over 20 years where I drilled, trained and re drilled the systems densho or teachings.
    I would say I more or less know the as well as understand the 6 systems unarmed and weaponry feeling, history, reasons, methods, etc.. skills pretty good from more than 25 different teachers of those systems I trained in as well as train in today.
    I have a lot of opinions on the systems as well as on the methodology of the Bujinkan which are pretty openly heard on my over 350 youtube clips.
    I hope you can read between the lines.
    Thank you,
    Ralph

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 10:17am

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hatsumi sensei is not a fighter and this is the major vortex.
    You cannot teach fighting without fighting experience.
    Thank you for this, seriously. This statement is just full of win.

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 10:46am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mister Severe, I don't intend any disrespect, but please read these brief articles and put them into practice:
    Also, please either leave an empty line between your paragraphs or indent the first line of each paragraph.

These changes will make your posts much easier to read and understand.

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 10:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Severe, just one question.

On your web site, under Other Instructors:
    http://www.artofcombat.com/instructors5.htm
    you have listed Jason Stork, A.K.A. Mountainous, as he is known on Youtube.

Jason "Mushayama" Stork, shodan, Kamiyama Dojo, single, Mt. Hood Oregon, enjoys Japanese art, martial arts, history, culture and nature. Jason is a hardcore adventurer, loves the snow and an awesom amateur film maker of his adventures. Contact: stork151001@yahoo.com
    Is this individual an actual instructor under your school?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 11:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could you explain a few things about your kicking technique? Does it have roots in some of the arts you trained in? Shotokan? TKD? Did you learn it in Bujinkan or its something you came up with yourself?

Could you explain the difference in your kicking style compared to Muay Thai, Shotokan and TKD?

Do I sound respectful enough now?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 1:12pm

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Muerteds, “”non-koryu jujitsu”” - could you please explain what in the world this is or means?
    “Really, a staff isn't much of a battlefield weapon”, is that so.. ok.. but I believe this is your opinion right?
    I believe George Silver has some interesting points regarding the ¼ staff and I appreciate your opinion on my “bad move” but then again I was just doing a demo and having fun expressing the chobo in action. Personally I would not do a lot of what I demo in a conflict and have not done so because I have experience doing the stick at many different lengths in ‘real time’ fighting, meaning I have been hit many times and beat the crap out of many people with sticks with a smile on my face… so.. opinions aside ‘real time’ experience is the key.
    Koryu jujitsu: http://www.koryu.com/index.html. You should be familiar with the term, since you study an art that claims to be koryu. So, non-koryu jujitsu would be jujitsu that is not koryu. Some examples would be judo, danzan ryu jujitsu, and small circle jujitsu.

As to whether or not a staff is a battlefield weapon isn't an opinion. It's a statement based on facts. The fact is, quarterstaves and halfstaves were not used en mass on the battlefield. If you want to argue that individual combat is a battlefield, albeit on a smaller scale, then we go down the semnatics rabbit hole. Suffice to say that staves were not popular in large-scale engagements. Battles.

Now, Dsimion did a good job backing up your video. Mind you, I disagree with the conclusions he comes to: every staff art tries to keep their hands away from an opponent. Nothing is so special about the katana that you would take extra care to keep your fingers from getting sheared off that you wouldn't take facing a longsword or falchion. But, he did reply to my questions directly. You have asked me more questions, but haven't done much explanation yourself, allowing Dsimion to do it for you. You have explained that what I see is "demo" rather than "training". But your other training videos you've posted don't strike me as very insightful, either.

I still remain unimpressed by most of your weapons work. Perhaps kukishin ryu is not for me. But I will continue to steer my friends clear of you- and when I teach people a long staff, I will teach them to retain better control than your system does. I will also continue to steer them clear of you for any Systema training- rolling about with firearms is a good way to have a horrible accident, and your hand to hand skills leave me wishing you understood how a good throw is supposed to look. To your credit, your single-stick drilling looked competent, and it's obvious you've put in effort there.

I don't bear you any ill will, and I'm not going to run you down. I just feel that the people I train with actually know what they're doing. I also feel that when I teach my students, they don't learn dangerous things that will have them shooting themselves in the groin or losing control of their weapon. And they will dang sure know what kuzushi is, and how to apply it in a throw.

If ever there is a Dallas Throwdown, I'd encourage you and your students to show up. I realize you're not at a competitive level any more, and that's not what Throwdowns are for. Hell, I don't get much chance to compete. But they are very good at working on things you might not be up to speed on, and showing you where you need more effort. If that idea is still not for you, if you like, I'll PM you my e-mail, and we can work out a chance for me to get to work with you or your students when next I am home. March works well for me, as I am planning to take some leave during that time. I'm not just a faceless keyboard warrior. I'm a guy who likes learning new things, and meeting new people to do it. I just tend to call it like I see it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 3:10pm

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sri hanuman, Please read this, does it state he is an instructor of anything?
    “Jason "Mushayama" Stork, shodan, Kamiyama Dojo, single, Mt. Hood Oregon, enjoys Japanese art, martial arts, history, culture and nature. Jason is a hardcore adventurer, loves the snow and an awesome amateur film maker of his adventures. Contact: stork151001@yahoo.com
    I hope this answers your Q.
    I would ponder what it is you are asking me.
    I have taken many wonderful things from Jason's clips and friendship.
    He is extremely gifted in many areas of survival and he is also weak in many areas of survival.
    I believe this is true about all living things. Correct?
    The key to Jason's good nature is that he trains and researchers things and goes to the training area and applies himself to what he enjoys.
    I do not judge him for who or what he is and what direction he feels is wanted or needed in his life.
    If you have other Q for Jason then maybe you should e-mail him directly to ask him. His e-mail is pretty much right here in the open for you to use if you take the opportunity to use it.
    it is like this, shikin haramitsu daikomyo..
    Thank you,
    Ralph
    Last edited by kamiyamashinobi; 1/29/2010 3:15pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 3:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    Your title page states:
    Who Are the Instructors and
    What is Their Background?
    So, can you answer his question or not? He is asking for clarification.

I see the difference but, it can be confusing.

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 3:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiyamashinobi View Post
    “Jason "Mushayama" Stork, shodan, Kamiyama Dojo, single, Mt. Hood Oregon, enjoys Japanese art, martial arts, history, culture and nature. Jason is a hardcore adventurer, loves the snow and an awesome amateur film maker of his adventures. Contact: stork151001@yahoo.com
    I hope this answers your Q.
    Mr. Severe, thank you for answering my question.

However, since Mr. Stork was on your "Other Instructors" page, I simply assumed that he was an instructor.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit