224673 Bullies, 3539 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1871
Page 179 of 188 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179 180181182183 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/31/2010 1:11pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That all looks about right. I do find it funny that all the bluster about the BJJ rank and the interview spells it so it denotes JJJ.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 1:23am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Recently I have noticed Ralph's vids showing up on a few of the gun/LE blogs I frequent. They are not impressed:

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot...and-wrong.html
    I could only last a fucking minute watching Ralph and his militia shooting AK-47's......I can't believe there are guys that pay him to train them!:new_shock

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 1:26am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    What you have in the first video is Ralph promoting and obviously teaching (at some point) techniques used within Military and PMC based communities, the problem for Ralph is that apart from a short failed bootcamp in the USMC he hasn't any practical experience to draw from, which is why when you compare what he does against say Magpul as a company based on practical experience, you'll see a world of difference.

Ralph likes to think he's all that, but he isn't.
    He has the nerve to call it High Speed Low Drag....A term we used in the Corps which he could not be part of....this **** was was more drag and wobble than anything

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 3:48pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Probably some of the worst tactical light use I have ever seen...

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 5:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please explain what you find wrong for those of us not in the know. I have ideas, but I'd rather not taint anything.

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 5:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could get into specific techniques, but most tac light use comes down to 2 basic rules of thumb:

-don't walk around with your light switched to constant on
    -don't backlight the dude in front of you

Then there's the whole concept of areas of responsibility..these guys are pointing their rifles all over the place for no apparent reason.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 5:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the quest continues....
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 6:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Some more Severe firearms foolishness.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 6:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When the lights stay on, it gives the bad guy an excellent idea where to shoot his next round. Another BIG issue that I see with this asshole is muzzle discipline. Throughout his videos they are constantly pointing guns at each other's backs. Furthermore, I've cleared my share of rooms and open spaces and I have yet to find myself in a situation where I needed to change my grip that often or go weak side that often. I would like to see their reaction to stress during these drills or see how good their shots are during the walking transition sequence. Notice how bouncy their muzzles are. Looking at ol' Ralph's face during his run, I don't think he ever acquired a target except after he took the shitting stance.

But hey, at least the tactical god himself is in excellent operational condition: 1:15 - 1:30 (of the last video)

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 6:40pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    I could only last a fucking minute watching Ralph and his militia shooting AK-47's......I can't believe there are guys that pay him to train them!:new_shock
    I especially liked this quote which is intended for us non military, non leo types.

Revolver Rob said...
    Why in nearly all videos are people ADVANCING on targets?

This is one of my primary problems with gun games and some so called "schools", they require you to run TO the threat. A more realistic scenario would have you engage two or three targets and then beat feet. The first person to run the obstacle course, after shooting two baddies, AND dial 911, wins.

Unless you are wearing a badge or carrying a .mil ID card, repeat after me, "I am NOT a mall ninja, I will NOT be a hero, I will NOT advance on a target, unless absolutely necessary. I WILL use my rifle to gain distance on my opponent and engage him from a safer distance. I will NOT engage a target unless absolutely necessary."

Jeebus, it's like a disease spreading around the world. Everyone gets a slam bang Mag-Pul'ed up AR and suddenly they forget everything they should have ever learned about fighting, namely GET the F*&K AWAY from the threat.

-Rob