223777 Bullies, 3957 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1867
Page 176 of 187 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 6:19pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An interesting tangent..I always found it amusing that here in NY, harassment 2nd is a violation and aggravated harassment 2nd is a misdemeanor.

So if I pop you one in the face it's a violation (not a crime) but if I call you on the phone and threaten that I am going to come over to your house and pop you in the face, it's a misdemeanor (a crime). Laws can be funny things.

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 6:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    That may be true, but if so, there is no evidence of it in the record that I can see.
    Or..depending on how they do their records..he was charged with both offenses and the higher charge was dropped with a deal to plead to the lesser.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 6:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    An interesting tangent..I always found it amusing that here in NY, harassment 2nd is a violation and aggravated harassment 2nd is a misdemeanor.

So if I pop you one in the face it's a violation (not a crime) but if I call you on the phone and threaten that I am going to come over to your house and pop you in the face, it's a misdemeanor (a crime). Laws can be funny things.
    One of my favorites is menacing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2010 12:22am

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or..depending on how they do their records..he was charged with both offenses and the higher charge was dropped with a deal to plead to the lesser.
    For what it's worth, both scenarios mentioned by tgace (being charged with both offense and the greater charge being dropped in a plea, or being charged singly with a more serious offense and then having it pleaded down) are very common in my experience with the criminal system. Without reading the charges or other court documents it is difficult to know exactly what happens. I'm not sure of Texas' policies on the public availability of criminal records, but someone in the area might very well be able to obtain a copy of the files from the court.

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 6:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just something I came across:

http://www.meetup.com/Tactical-Train...bers/12092208/

http://www.meetup.com/Tactical-Training-of-Dallas/

Ralph Severe is licensed through three tactical firearm agencies and is one of the most respected firearms instructors in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Ralph has organized and taught more than 100 classes in the Dallas metroplex on the safety and use of modern firearms for self-defense and has instructed many individuals in the fields of security, military, law enforcement, personal protection, and special units of law enforcement.
    Last edited by tgace; 6/02/2010 6:05am at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 6:31am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Same bullshit, different website.

Nothing changes in the world of the Walts.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 11:19am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, since we are resurrecting BS, here is an interesting twist on his ducking MTripp.

It was very amusing to me and to the other readers and to my students all around the USA than Mark Tripp would not come and "deal" with me personally while he was in Dallas.
    If he was what he claimed he was and wanted to be a tough guy, which is a joke by the way, he could have come over to my training, which I have three to four days a week and show up to teach me a lesson. He didn't. He avoided me completely. He kept inviting me to a judo client in Dallas. I am not into judo and have not train judo for well over 34 years. But I do feel he could have come over and him some from me. Don't you? My opinion is he's a joke.. to the point of being a fake where as fighting is concerned. I always welcomed him to my classes, doors always open. He never showed up. His reason? I'm not sure. He's always welcome.
    We will never know if this was really Ralph but, I find it sad he is calling a guy with legit certs a fake.

edit: Can anyone show me where he gave a truthful address that wasn't out in the middle of nowhere? How can you show up to nowhere?

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 11:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Well, since we are resurrecting BS, here is an interesting twist on his ducking MTripp.

We will never know if this was really Ralph but, I find it sad he is calling a guy with legit certs a fake.

edit: Can anyone show me where he gave a truthful address that wasn't out in the middle of nowhere? How can you show up to nowhere?
    I find the whole "I didn't go to see him" I'm a tough guy.."He didn't come to see me" he's a coward thing sort of illogical.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 2:44am

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find the whole "I got up from bed this morning" I'm a tough guy.."He didn't come to meet me and my rifle in the middle of nowhere" he's a coward thing sort of illogical.
    Fixed that for ya.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/05/2010 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jumping on here late, but I don't care. I will relate a first hand story of Ralph Severe.

Way, way, way back in the day...talking almost 20 years ago (1993?) Ralph Severe was giving a Ninjitsu seminar at a place called "The Dojo" in Austin, TX. A very eccletic academy that rented space to various teachers of a variety of styles so they didn't have to own thier own school. One of those teachers taught Ninjitsu and had Ralph as a special guest. If I recall correctly he had a few of his personal students to assist in giving the seminar.

Anyways a few of us from another style, a RBSD, were watching. My instructor struck up a conversation with Ralph and he invited a few of our guys to kick the striking shield along with his guys.

Let me set this moment up a bit. They were using the old TKD ultra soft vinyl coated shields we had back in the day. And the ninjas were taking great pride in the "noise" that thier kicks made. If you snap and slap your kick as fast as you could it would sound like a crack. They were snapping these round kicks off in lines. One of our guys goes up to the bag and kicks it. Bag holder goes down. There was no crack. There was a thud. At the time we were taught to follow through the kick with all body weight.

So the seminar stops and the guy gets back up. Steadies himself. Down again. New bag holder - thrown 3 feet back. It was as if these people had not seen POWERKICKING before. All ninjas brains in the building are short circuiting.

Ralph starts talking to my instructor about this. The instructor explained that we didn't kick to touch, we kick THROUGH the target because there was probably only going to be 1 kick in a fight and it needs to be full power and it needs to have everything you had. He broke it down to "energy", and energy transfer.

This is when the BULLSHIT meter went into the red.

I was there. First hand so I know what happened. The exact wording may be off a bit, but Ralph replies, "we don't teach that until 1st or 2nd Dan"

I was thinking to myself...dude...these are our 6 month white belt types kicking your guys across the floor.

Anyways - I am sure that Ralph has been crosstrained and improved over the course of 20 years. I just wanted to chime in with my ONLY personal experience with him.