228307 Bullies, 4189 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1871
Page 174 of 188 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    3/29/2010 11:19am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Sri Hanuman - you need to quit dignifying Ralph with the Mr. title. Who the hell approaching 50 calls someone else "dude"?
    I understand your point here, not that it was addressed to me, but basic formality isn't necessarily undo when addressing Ralph. In other words, I don't think childish behavior on the addressee's part should require the speaker to avoid using the title "Mister;" this is not like refusing to call a physician of questionable repute "Doctor."

    Case in point, my edits to the write-up (as yet unaddressed by Cy, so I don't expect to see them published) included adding "Mr." in every place where an individual was referenced by last name only. My reasoning was that the Martial Arts Encyclopedia should strive to be objective and (reasonably) respectful, in order to avoid appearing as nothing more than a polemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  2. Cy Q. Faunce is offline
    Cy Q. Faunce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,577

    Posted On:
    3/29/2010 12:27pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cy has been busy but will deal.
  3. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    3/29/2010 1:31pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    Cy has been busy but will deal.
    No problem, you've got the benefit of my doubt for all time. That probably isn't a proper use of a possessive, but no one's perfect*. :read2:


    *EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    I understand your point here, not that it was addressed to me, but basic formality isn't necessarily undo [Should be "undue"—Self Ed.] when addressing Ralph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  4. Cy Q. Faunce is offline
    Cy Q. Faunce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,577

    Posted On:
    3/29/2010 1:45pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is in fact the correct possessive.

    I'll try to PM you something on this subject by week's end.
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,013

    Posted On:
    3/29/2010 1:50pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post

    Case in point, my edits to the write-up (as yet unaddressed by Cy, so I don't expect to see them published) included adding "Mr." in every place where an individual was referenced by last name only. My reasoning was that the Martial Arts Encyclopedia should strive to be objective and (reasonably) respectful, in order to avoid appearing as nothing more than a polemic.
    Actually, it is not about respect in writing any longer. You are using your feelings to address something that is now common place in the literary world. The titles have disappeared because of societal changes. it is now deemed fine and correct to drop the mister and use only the last name. You have to use the entire name at least once, with the full title, in the beginning of an article, story, or research report. After that, you can use only the last name minus titles like "Sir" (the designation) "doctor," and those types of titles. Even these can be eliminated if you so choose.

    Oops I just furthered a derail.
  6. Muerteds is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI (Hawaii Kai)
    Posts
    443

    Posted On:
    3/29/2010 8:36pm


     Style: Itinerant Wanderer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just returned from almost two weeks in Texas. I enjoyed the fine spring time weather, that tried to blow our tents away and filled them with near-freezing rain. Tent makers need to understand what it takes to camp in Texas, then build a tent that can stand it. I spent the next week training. Well, three days of it. I was on leave, after all.

    Only after I returned to Mississippi, safely out of the possibility of reaching Dallas any time soon, I received this message:


    Quote Originally Posted by Kamiyamashinobi
    My response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Muerteds
    Re: crack at you


    Well, isn't that just ducky. You created a spam clone site to bitch about your rough treatment here on this website. The rough treatment you brought upon yourself by your immaturity and lies.

    I spent my two weeks in Texas and had a lovely time camping. Then I went and trained. I also passed my nidan test in jukoryu jujitsu, and assisted in another's test for his blue belt in the hanbo. See, at that school, they teach hanbo as a separate class for those who are interested.

    It was a shame you wouldn't come out of your box and play. Nor would you pass it on to any students. So, I played with real martial artists, and now that I am safely far away from Texas again, you send me more internet fuckery. Interestingly enough, I am already on Youtube. It's not hard to find videos of me getting thrown about in judo shiai. You know, because I have actually done judo. And have legitimate rank in it.

    Enjoy your internet fuckery. You fail at understanding that the majority of people here (though I so often disagree with their methods and outlook) do actually enjoy working with other people to learn new things. Your cup is already so full that you can't stand the thought of emptying it slightly for more. Your loss.
    Just thought I should point that out, since someone wanted to try starting another dialogue about meeting. Ralph Severe won't meet you. He will play games and passive-aggressively threaten you. In all fairness, though, I didn't drive across the metroplex to a county road to look for an army of 15 ninjas. I was busy doing martial arts.
  7. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    3/29/2010 9:12pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gentlemen,

    I am working on website stuff, and I'd like to point out that the big thing is where you show up on the search engines. I suspect Ralph and his butt boys are attempting to use that knowledge to "shift" what people see when they google his name.

    It also explains why they are creating sites with similar names.

    It obvious to me that "google search" is the only battlefield Ralph is trying to engage on....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
  8. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,460

    Posted On:
    3/30/2010 1:23am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe also one added clarification:

    Dear supposed unknowing readers,

    By now, there is no real doubt among us Bullies that Ralph Severe is just simply full of ****.

    He claims several black belts in kicking arts, yet has the body complexion of a manatee. REAL Tae Kwon Do/whatever instructors don't have that.

    He claims to be an expert on military-like weapon fighting, yet has next to none military expierence. REAL military combative instructors don't do that.

    He claims a black belt in Judo, yet when asked, posts bizarre videos of him swinging sticks and work hammers around. REAL judo instructors have no fucking clue what he is doing.



    The many, many pages in this thread may suggest we're still discussing the truth of his claims. That would be wrong.

    If at all, what we're discussing about now are SEMANTICS, like, is it possible that he got a degree saying one, but meaning another thing, or that there is something else to see in his demented ramblings that might help us shed new light on the situation.

    But is there any doubt that he is a liar, and conscious about it?

    At this point, pretty much not at all.

    Do not waste your money on training with this man unless he becomes honest about his own training record.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 3/30/2010 1:27am at .
  9. variance is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    808

    Posted On:
    4/17/2010 5:01am


     Style: EF UM A

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is this the dude who had some gay dallas ninjutsu booth up at some smu asian-american cultural something day awhile back. Note. I'm from dallas.
  10. catfishaggie is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    700

    Posted On:
    4/18/2010 10:31am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by variance View Post
    is this the dude who had some gay dallas ninjutsu booth up at some smu asian-american cultural something day awhile back. Note. I'm from dallas.
    Was it a fatass bald headed white guy with an AK-47 and several rounds behind the booth? Then most likely yes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.