221241 Bullies, 4303 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1867
Page 169 of 187 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Team Python is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indio, Ca.
    Posts
    315

    Posted On:
    3/24/2010 6:19pm


     Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What makes this guy think that people want to watch a fat guy workout?:snorting:
  2. Baltic is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    108

    Posted On:
    3/24/2010 8:10pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Severe,

    I apologize if my addition to this conversation appears to be a "piling on" from another of the "cat box groupies". That's not my intention.

    I have read this thread (and the corresponding thread in YMAS), along with other investigations that have been performed on this site (the Matt Morton investigation for example), and investigations that may have started with less-than-noble intentions but resulted in quick verification and answers, such as the attempt by Bryan Lee Bondurant to question Neal Fletcher's military credentials.

    I subscribe to a "lurk more, post less" philosophy. If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time I post something of worth, let alone something (potentially) worthy of the MABS forum.

    While I do respect the fact that you've come on the site and stated that you're willing to answer questions that pertain to your training, I'm curious why you would then turn around and be dismissive of those who would ask these questions, or seek to limit who can ask about what.

    At its core (all trolling and flaming and silliness aside), this is a consumer advocacy website. Someone curious about an instructor will often perform a web search about them. This can lead them here to articles/threads/investigations/whatnot regarding what kind of person the instructor is, what credentials they may or may not have, et cetera. Mark Tripp, a fellow you seem to be contentious with, has experienced this first hand. He himself was investigated by MABS. Were I more talented in the ways of forum-fu I could grab you a link. End result? Mark got the vindication due him by the posting of certs and evidence.

    I know that I may sound like a broken record, but do you honestly think your contributions to this investigatory thread, if read by a prospective student, would lead them to want to learn from you? Wouldn't it serve you better to answer questions openly, rather than try and limit the playing field? Wouldn't it serve you better to not make threats against those who want to see the questions answered?

    And honestly, posting a training video isn't the same as posting a certification. Even a noob like me knows that. You're better than this, I'm sure. Now's your chance to prove it to us all, if you can.
  3. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Posted On:
    3/24/2010 8:30pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, but Mr Severe is way beond the benefit of doubt, Baltic.

    He keeps posting bullshit because he has nothing to back up his claims.

    I mean, just how bizarre can things possibly get?

    Trying to defend a claim on a grappling art by videos of oneself swinging a hammer?!
  4. Rids is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    61

    Posted On:
    3/25/2010 12:58am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy is obviously not-all-there in the head (unless he's just taking the piss), so if anyone plans on meeting him to verify anything, I hope you do so in a public place.
  5. lefi is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    3/25/2010 4:55am


     Style: jiu jitsu, kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While he is definitely trolling, I do think this guy is also not quite right in the head. He may be mildly retarded - I'm not qualified to properly diagnose. While it would be awesome if he was going for the most invoved troll of all time, I think he actually believes some or all of the stuff he's saying.

    Point I'm trying to make is, meeting/throwing down etc. will not gain anything. There is no honour in defeating someone like this. I understand his claim to judo rank is offensive to those who have rightfully earned it, but maybe it's best to leave this guy happy in his messed up little world.
  6. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,029

    Posted On:
    3/25/2010 5:59am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You realise he charges people for this **** right?
  7. Rids is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    61

    Posted On:
    3/25/2010 6:41am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At some point I feel like we should just humour both the crazies and their ninja students, let them have their fun.

    But then I hear about people getting their black belt after 12 months of whatever-do and getting beat near death when they try to knife-hand the next back alley thug they bump into rather than running for dear life.

    I deal with mentally ill people every day in my line of work and I know that trying to just talk sense into someone with schizophrenic delusions simply does not work. Whether it be the lady who claims she gets raped by aliens every night, the guy who keeps seeing green frogs everywhere or the fat guy swinging hammers and running around with a stick who believes he's a judo black belt.
  8. lefi is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    3/25/2010 6:49am


     Style: jiu jitsu, kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    You realise he charges people for this **** right?
    What? Damn...

    OTOH, anyone willing to pay for this after seeing his youtube prowess must be rolling on the floor in their own filth, humming Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen version) to themselves crazy.
  9. Sri Hanuman is online now
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,484

    Posted On:
    3/25/2010 7:58am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Much like a Shiba, I don't think Mr. Severe realizes the difference between good attention, and bad attention.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  10. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,827

    Posted On:
    3/25/2010 11:35am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have copy-edited the .org article and sent my changes to Hugo; I'm posting this here in case anyone knows of another mod to whom I should send a copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.