228201 Bullies, 4685 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1871
Page 161 of 188 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 10:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    First, what you are doing is classic in modern conflict resolution. Make both sides guilty. In schools the way this is done is to say both the bully and the bullied are wrong. There is something about the bullied that is triggering the actions of the bully. Of course, the only word for this is phui.

Ralph came here, and pushed the play button. This was a dead issue, no one cared, he pressed the button. A person of logic could spend about 30 minutes reading the posts on this web site to see that was a bad idea,

Terms like "witch hunt" are sad attempts to switch the focus and make Ralph the bullied rather than the bully. Moreover, again you are pushing the fatuous assertion that our actions triggered his. However, in the real world, the attacker sets the rules. If you open with a kick to the groin, do not cry foul when I kick you in the groin. Again, Ralph set the rules.
    THIS.

This, right here.

Darrell, Robert, the moral equivalency argument is false. I have not threatened to expose Ralph's personal information. He has tried to expose mine.

Stop pretending you're reasonable and admit it: You're both in the tank for Ralph, and even you guys can't defend his actions. That says it all.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 10:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a post written but, this is much better.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 5:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly.

Besides, Ralph's motivation is more than clear by now:

Neither is he retired, but has still students seeking him out regularly, nor has he stopped to offer his clinics (including topics for which he has no other than in-holuse qualifications at best) at a considerably high prize:

http://www.artofcombat.com/clinics.html

If someone were to rent his services based on the information on his website, this would maybe not be strictly fraud, but highly immoral, because, as we have worked out, the only qualifications Ralph can justly base his offers on are:

• A 9th dan in BBT, retired from Hatsumi's organization, and thus not valid for belt testing in thast respect.
    • A purple belt in BJJ.

Both rarely justifies him to ask for at least 1000 $ per day. - Or, well, at least where I come from, clinics with associated masters, including belt testing, were considerably cheaper, and the instructors didn't require others to pay their meals and lodging.

In sum, Bullshido here acts not as a witchhunting group of inquisitors, but as a customer advocacy group. How would you, Mr Kesterson, or Dsimon, like it if you had your training group pay 1000 dollars for something like this?

YouTube- youtube Clip #4 Ralph Severe Dallas Ninjutsu Academy Togakure ryu

YouTube- youtube clip #348 Ralph Severe DMTTofD

Again, not a fraud in the strictest sense, but certainly not what you would expect to pay such a substantial amount of money for, or training of the kind that you would expect from someone claiming the rather stellar qualifications that Mr Severe does.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 3/17/2010 5:19am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 5:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...Terms like "witch hunt" are sad attempts to switch the focus and make Ralph the bullied rather than the bully. ... Using your odd logic I am to believe that posting exactly how sport judo works all over the world was a witch hunt?
    When I said "witch hunt", I wasn't talking about the judo issue. I was talking about all the side issues that seem to have taken center stage. Whether he worked in law enforcement, whether he was in the military, the fact that he only spent 43 days in the military, whether it was valid for a student of his to also teach him, how much he weighs, whether he was divorced, whether he has ever fired a gun at a person, his current legal issues, and so forth, none of which have anything to do with the validity of the various martial arts rankings he claims. Maybe this is just how Bullshido works -- I don't know, I don't hang out here much, and don't really plan to once the dust settles on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    Stop pretending you're reasonable and admit it: You're both in the tank for Ralph, and even you guys can't defend his actions. That says it all.
    I'm not "in the tank" for anyone. But you are right about the second point -- I can't defend his actions. That's exactly why I posted what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    How would you, Mr Kesterson, or Dsimon, like it if you had your training group pay 1000 dollars for something like this?
    I would not be happy. But I also would not expect an intensive seminar to contain the same info I could find for free on Youtube. (For what it's worth, his Youtube clips are not representative of the training that took place when I lived in Dallas -- though that has been a decade ago at this point.)

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 6:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by robertk View Post
    I would not be happy. But I also would not expect an intensive seminar to contain the same info I could find for free on Youtube. (For what it's worth, his Youtube clips are not representative of the training that took place when I lived in Dallas -- though that has been a decade ago at this point.)
    Obviously, the youtube clips should be no real indicator; however, with 400++ videos published by Mr Severe, I would assume that these give us a valid average measure of his training. While I obviously can only guess, I would assume that somewhere in his vault of videos, there would be something that at least lets an interested audience get a glimpse of the real deal. (At least, if we compare it to what we habitually see in videos from other masters.)

Besides, on what the others are saying - well, nearly everything on Mr Severe's website is in question at this point:

He has none of the ranks he lists.
    He uses wordplay to embellish his otherwise rather moderate resume.
    He is not honest and plain about his real training, not even in Ninjutsu.
    His soldier-wanna-be certificates are in-house, and rather ridiculous in their content.

Of course that prompts us to question everything else as well. - While it is far from being a personal matter.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 6:34am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I said "witch hunt", I wasn't talking about the judo issue. I was talking about all the side issues that seem to have taken center stage. Whether he worked in law enforcement, whether he was in the military, the fact that he only spent 43 days in the military, whether it was valid for a student of his to also teach him, how much he weighs, whether he was divorced, whether he has ever fired a gun at a person, his current legal issues, and so forth, none of which have anything to do with the validity of the various martial arts rankings he claims. Maybe this is just how Bullshido works -- I don't know, I don't hang out here much, and don't really plan to once the dust settles on this thread.
    I am sorry, but words have meaning. Yours, His, mine. I have only focused on ONE issue. It is plain how Ralph acted towards me over it. Again, the rules are made by the person who attacks. Ralph attacked first, you can't cry foul now. I care not one wit about any other part of it. However, I will NOT allow this to be spun anyway other than reality. Ralph pushed this, he shook all the trees here. To now complain about all the stuff falling on his head from the trees he shook.... sorry, but if you sew the wind you reap the whirlwind.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 7:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whether he worked in law enforcement, whether he was in the military, the fact that he only spent 43 days in the military, whether it was valid for a student of his to also teach him,
    Ralph implied that he teaches military and LEOs. He implied that he has military and law enforcement training. Since professional soldiers here found his material to be lacking, why not expand the investigation to that to? Its common practice, kill two flies with one blow.

For a guy that teaches the things that Ralph does, he better have some experience with it. I will say, once again, that every healthy men of Ralphs age in my country has about 4 times more military experience than Ralph.

how much he weighs
    He is clearly overweight. For a guy who claims what Ralph claims this is really weird

whether he has ever fired a gun at a person
    Ralph said that he fired a gun at a person to reinforce his point. Appeal to authority kind of bullshit. We found out that in wasn't in his short military career. So when was it? Why not find out?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 7:23am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've made this appeal once before but I'm going to repeat myself, once more.

The article is written. If Ralph Severe wishes to take specific issue with part or all of it - (or with me as the primary author) let him do so however, to everyone else, please consider very carefully before making any further posts in this thread.

You are now feeding a thread without any further hope of obtaining any useful or discernible information.

All of the areas of interest have been covered in the article to a satisfactory conclusion. The petty threats made by Ralph Severe yesterday have been additionally included.

I have no further interest in Ralph Severe or his claims - The article has been written and is available for people to read.

My last comment directed to Ralph:

Ralph, you may not believe this but I'm a fair guy and I'll always afford you the opportunity to present me with the evidence which refutes the contents of the article however, unless such evidence is provided with verification which is INDEPENDENT from you I will equally dismiss it as readily as you dismiss my opinion and expertise as a professionally trained and experienced infantry soldier. If you'd rather someone else make contact with me I'm also happy with that but, again only if the information is verified and independent of you, your students and dojo.

This is a permanently open offer, you can reach me via this website or email me through the address I've previously given.

I have sought legal advice and have nothing further to say.

Dave Humm
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 3/17/2010 7:28am at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 7:27am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He manetioned his "trade craft" in one post, to me that is implying he is some sort of spook (as opposed to some sort of kook). He must have learned that from a Tom Clancy or John Le Carré book.

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 12:30pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am sorry, but words have meaning. Yours, His, mine. I have only focused on ONE issue. It is plain how Ralph acted towards me over it. Again, the rules are made by the person who attacks. Ralph attacked first, you can't cry foul now. I care not one wit about any other part of it. However, I will NOT allow this to be spun anyway other than reality. Ralph pushed this, he shook all the trees here. To now complain about all the stuff falling on his head from the trees he shook.... sorry, but if you sew the wind you reap the whirlwind.
    I do think that the fact that Ralph necroed the thread is relevant. And I despise the doctrine of equally guiilty when it comes to conflict resolution, especially with kids... what does it teach them when an adult more or less says "do not defend yourself." and what does it do when society reinforces this notion with so may rules that punish the victim.

These are some of the facts that are in dispute. There are many more. Like who can comment on the relevance of peopel who choose to train with Ralph. Issues like the need to aggessively attack people who feel the need to defend Ralph (not you Mark most assuredly) and the fact that Ralph is not really complaining.

Also as much as the spin goes into motion the exchange started on the leatherneck network was not damning of Ralph. But of course people have to act incredulous when this is brought to bear. We can all take snippets of posts and say that this demonstrates various truths... if one were to read that exchange they would conclude in all probability that ralp made a mistake (he admits it was a typing error) in saying he was a marine on the forum and that people's comments on the question were mixed. Depending on whom is spoken to these comments refelect different truths.

My issue is that people here do not accept the nature of Ralph's relationship to the rest of the martial arts community in that area. People seek this guy out for a reason and he has a good realtionship with instructors that advocate live training in that area, including the Gracie guys. This is relevant and frankly Mark you are not the problem in this respect because you have acknolwedged this and your issue(s) with Ralph.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.