223579 Bullies, 4179 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1867
Page 107 of 187 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 12:33pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a question Ralph.

How fast did you advance in the Booj? With previous training, you should have moved up fairly quickly. How much experience did you have again? And with whom did you train previous to the Booj?

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 1:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Guys;

Before I say this, I want it known I am a major NRA member and supporter, and a firm defender of 2nd amendment rights.

YEARS ago I got the great idea (this is dripping with sarcasm,) to rent a booth at the local gun show to promote my programs. I was there all day Saturday. I didn't even bother to come back on Sunday.

After about an hour looking at, and talking to, the people there, I began to have the uncontrollable urge to write checks to Sara Brady!!! By the end of the day I was ready to join a ban firearms group. The redneck, inbred, racists, the wannabes & posers were beyond anything I have ever seen. There is a VERY large market for these people, and it is the one Ralph is serving with his blue plate special of bull crap.

These are some VERY unstable people with serious mental issues, paranoia being greatest among them. But all of you know that by now.

You must have a crush on Mtripp, don't you?
    Go do some pushups or something.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 1:51pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    What do you note?
    I note that in the last section of the video the use of the barrel, flash eliminator and butt of the weapon was used in EXACTLY the way I described some 25 pages ago.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 4:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny how this thread started way back in 2005 (following another thread from 2004) with these quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by billybob1
    Is the instructor Ralph Severe for real or is he bullshido?
    http://www.artofcombat.com/instructors.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGuido
    Well, his Taijutsu is authentic...which puts him head and shoulders above Ashida Kim and Sheng Lung Yi. As for the other training...at least it shows that he's willing to branch out and try new things.

I have a feeling that he's good to go, and that he's probably pretty solid and strong regardless of how "Puffy" he looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophist
    Search function, n00b!

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=ralph+severe

We have had this thread before. He's legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoBuyu
    He dropped out of the Bujinkan for obvious reasons. He's puffy, but the fucker can throw down for sure.

Ralph is a bit eccentric, but he's a good fighter from what I hear and definitely not scared to throw down.
    Based on what we've seen since this thread was resurrected, I guess "having a feeling that he's good to go" doesn't always work out...

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    I posted the quote you quoted; so I am kinda confused....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 5:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz they only allow snow ninjas.
    Hey! I resemble that remark! (I'm on the left)
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 6:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    C'mon. Mtripp obviously has a few brain cells to rub together, at least enough to realize that there are a few gun-totin' headcases out there, and that's the price we pay for EVERYONE to enjoy their 2nd Amendment rights.
    Quit acting like it's something profound...:rolleyes:
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 6:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, I found it kinda cool to hear such a clear statement. Mr Tripp is apparently a very conservative person, politically. - For me as an outsider, who observes, but not participates in US political life, the boundaries between a politically conservative person and a complete nutjob a la Glenn Beck are often not very clear. - So this post really elevated y opinion of him.

But this really doesn't belong here, I guess.

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 6:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Hey! I resemble that remark! (I'm on the left)
    Ahh! Nagato sensei.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, I found it kinda cool to hear such a clear statement. Mr Tripp is apparently a very conservative person, politically. - For me as an outsider, who observes, but not participates in US political life, the boundaries between a politically conservative person and a complete nutjob a la Glenn Beck are often not very clear. - So this post really elevated y opinion of him.

But this really doesn't belong here, I guess.
    You're right, likely this needs another thread. But let me fix your opinion of me!

I am a conservative person, period. I support those politically who understand Government is not the answer to the problems, but they are the problems. Always have been, and always will be.

Yes, there are a great many idiots with firearms. As was said, its the price we pay for freedom. As for nutjobs, I think the Air America bunch and the MSNBC crowd are far nuttier than anyone the right has to offer....

...and for the record....

...I think Glenn Beck is dead on.

See, I told you I could change your opinion!
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC