230600 Bullies, 3743 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1871
Page 102 of 188 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102 103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 7:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<Call M Tripp out on that one.... fair is fair, I hold him in esteem as much as the next guy but those straws? well you can read the email and the part where it says this is "between us.>>>

Once again, lets be plain. You sent it to me, and wanted it to be "between us," while Ralph was going off on an insane rant. Sorry, but I did not agree to keeping any of it between us. There was NO WAY I could with what Ralph was spewing. ALL of it had to come out. I am sorry if that bothers you; but what bothers me is how you don't see Ralph is CLEARLY a deeply troubled person, and that I had no choice but to make everything public when he began accusing me of motives I do not have.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 7:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    to be fair some of those "straws" were from a private email.... So I was mindful of "stopping" some time ago. No, I didn't rush into the forum with my hands waving towards Tripp and Severe going "no!! stop teh deadly!!!"
    CY understood what I meant. Funny how you misunderstand everything I type but, everyone else grasps the meaning.

Very Interesting.

The straws are you basically saying, "I thought it was gong sau." It was never gong sau. Everyone else knew it wasn't gong sau but you. Then look who posts about being scared of lawsuits, sport fighting, veiled threats, and other BS right after your post. He's been doing that quite a bit and I kept my mouth shut. This time you called it wrong while, specifically attaching it to a person who is above board. You tried to color MTripp's words incorrectly. You left the door open for whiny ass ,to build a huge strawman, based on your words.

Call M Tripp out on that one.... fair is fair, I hold him in esteem as much as the next guy but those straws? well you can read the email and the part where it says this is "between us."
    Call him out on what?

Ralphie has been threatening everyone in private emails, on threads, and other crap since this started. Why would I call MTripp out on your misunderstanding. I've been in enough threads to know that a skill check is a skill check.

See, Ralphie spends so much time posturing that, he has convinced you that there was an ulterior motive behind Marks words.

If he manned up and MTripp vetted his skills no one here would be able to do ****. Everyone would be eating crow because, Mark's rank is legit. If he says someone is legit, in my eyes the issue is dead.

Hell, if mark said he was Green or Brown level, if Ralphie can be believed, then I would even say he might have earned a black belt 30 years ago.

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 7:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    SBut thats ok sigh! I guess because Tripp is above reproach
    I never said that, so put an end to the martyr crap.

Just stop.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 7:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, Dsimon, stop being a bitch, as simple as that.

Mr Severe - the mentor of Mountainous, for crying out loud - has proven to be, if nothing else, a dumbfuck of extraordinary measures.

Let's see:

- Shitty Ninjutsu

- Fake Judo Belt

- Possible Fake BBJ belt

- No verification of military credentials that would justify his claim to be qualified to teach... Whatever he is teaching.

- Video horror show; bad MA. As simple as that.

Am I missing something?

And, for everything that's holy, please use the quote button, people.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 2/26/2010 7:47pm at .

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 7:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<You know what the real fuckery of this is? I don't really care whether projection is operative here Mark... I don't even dispute your points about your motives, my motives and partiality whatever... But what really sucks is that this has to be on this thread.... It does nothing constructive and gets blown about for what purpose sir? What is the sunlight disinfecting that is so relevent to this situation? >>>

Are you that obtuse? Are you so close to Ralph that you really don't see this? Ralph was spinning my offer into a matter for law enforcement. Clearly that had to be refuted.

Moreover, what OTHER thread would it be attached to? Your PM to me not only gets my motives wrong; you both infer and imply that I would be subject to serious injury or death should I continue with pushing Ralph for a Judo workout???!!!!! Ralph confirmed your PM which is why THEY ALL HAD TO BE HERE. That sir is the relevant part.

<<<And the only flummery is your excuse for why you made this public... please. I don't really want to discuss it anymore you don't need me to pm you, I get that.>>>

Why post this if you don't want to discuss it anymore? Just stop talking. If Ralph had taken that path, NONE of this would be here.

Finally, I need no excuse for my actions; I am not the one living in the insane world of ninjas and death matches. I have spoken to ONE part of this; Judo. I am sorry if where this led bothers you; but I would suggest you direct that where it belongs, at the person making the INSANE rants and posts.
    Last edited by Mtripp; 2/26/2010 8:15pm at .
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 7:43pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Ralph or anybody here REALLY believed that Mr. Tripp's offer was anything other than what it actually was.

Like everything else with Ralph's fingerprints on it..it's being spun, intentionally twisted, re-phrased or intentionally ignored.

With a touch of help...

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 7:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Notice how now its MY FAULT for printing "private" pm's; that is why this is messed up???

Well, let me put how I was pulled into this here too...

My first PM on this:

Danzen Ryu to my understanding is a good example of a modern Jitz system that cross pollinates with Judo. You are saying that the ranks are seperate in these two arts yes? And that any Danzen Ryu guys are separetly ranked in Judo so that if they have a black belt in Jiu Jitsu, this has nothing to do with any judo training?..... rank wise?

Here is my dilemna between you and I:

I know a lot of Judo training took place in the military. a lot of teachers that got back from the military and came back to the big cities had Jiu Jitsu backgrounds, like Moses Powell. They also had Judo backgrounds... Yet you do not hear about the rank or years spent doing the Judo training, you simply hear about the jiu Jitsu systems they use, created.

This is creating a problem for me because I fear there is a possible exception to a formal ranking in Judo. Namely being trained by someone in the military who went on to create their own system when they got out but taught Judo before and or does not acknowledge the influences of the judo on their system.

Does that make any sense to you? By analogy: I teach a lot of concepts i learned from Okinawan Karate Mark... I give credit to my teacher but I do not rank and follow the procedures that got me my Nidan in this art from my teacher. If someone trained a certain way with my stuff they could claim a knowledge of Okinawan karate and perhaps even a rank though I would not sanction it.

Sorry I know this is complicated but I think a lot of vietnam Jitz guys are in a position that is similar to the analogy I gave you.. except that the teacher may sanction the rank! (unlike what I would do). Feel free to ignore this if it is too convoluted.

MY REPLY:

Well, I am a Vietnam Era Jitz guy too.

The problem with the military is many of those guys had limited training in Judo, or Judo concepts, and went off their own ways. This is not to say they were not tough guys, but their Judo skills and knowledge were not on a level of a Gene LeBell, or John Saylor, Willy Cahil, etc.

This is not to say their "jujitsu" wasn't strong. Many hard core Judo people did not like the direction Judo took after becoming an Olympic Sport. In most cases those people felt "jujitsu" was the self-defense application of Judo.

The problem came in with trying to define "jujitsu" and having an accepted ranking system. While I agree with them, and did it that way myself for a time, I created "Combat Judo" to be the self-defense application of Judo; but all ranks and skill sets went through USJA's program to avoid the ranking issue.

When I see problems such as yours, I am all the more convinced mine is the right way to do things. But that is just my opinion.

His reply:

Thanks for your time!

LOL on that last sentence... Unfortunately (for him) It is Ralph's problem in this case,..

me? I don't claim anything because of a variety of factors... mostly I was lucky enough to always have my skills speak for me enough that nobody ever saw fit to ask about organizations and sanctioning (I still don't know who sanctioned my teachers in karate).
    There is such a non sequitor between what one would imagine I could do and what I can actually do... nobody ever asks! I have my certs! I just am not a fighter, hate fighting but was trained by fighters and came up fighting with the stuff. My love is teaching. I have a soft spot for ignorance and impetiousness, not getting hit in the head at 45 what can I say?

You sir are a gem to have around and I mean that.. I can't thank you enough for being available to ask these questions of... I have been troubled by this dilemna for years: I know for a fact in my case that Riley Hawkins taught stuff that went back to the Okinawans who incorporated it into their systems... I just don't know what Okinawan organization actually sanctioned him. I am afraid to ask....

Ralph has skills but I suspect strongly his judo was the result of one of these guys you speak of, who went his own way sans the skills development (whether one calls that judo being academic).

That is the reason for my inquiry and questions on that Ralph thread.... I know I appear hard headed at time but I have seen a lot of strange explanations for apparent rank inconsistancies. I have also seen a lot of flakes I just like to make sure I know the difference according to my own standards... thanks again Mark.

Let's see what gets said now....
    Last edited by Mtripp; 2/26/2010 7:53pm at .

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 8:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Notice how now its MY FAULT for printing "private" pm's; that is why this is messed up???

Well, let me put how I was pulled into this here too...

My first PM on this:

Danzen Ryu to my understanding is a good example of a modern Jitz system that cross pollinates with Judo. You are saying that the ranks are seperate in these two arts yes? And that any Danzen Ryu guys are separetly ranked in Judo so that if they have a black belt in Jiu Jitsu, this has nothing to do with any judo training?..... rank wise?

Here is my dilemna between you and I:

I know a lot of Judo training took place in the military. a lot of teachers that got back from the military and came back to the big cities had Jiu Jitsu backgrounds, like Moses Powell. They also had Judo backgrounds... Yet you do not hear about the rank or years spent doing the Judo training, you simply hear about the jiu Jitsu systems they use, created.

This is creating a problem for me because I fear there is a possible exception to a formal ranking in Judo. Namely being trained by someone in the military who went on to create their own system when they got out but taught Judo before and or does not acknowledge the influences of the judo on their system.

Does that make any sense to you? By analogy: I teach a lot of concepts i learned from Okinawan Karate Mark... I give credit to my teacher but I do not rank and follow the procedures that got me my Nidan in this art from my teacher. If someone trained a certain way with my stuff they could claim a knowledge of Okinawan karate and perhaps even a rank though I would not sanction it.

Sorry I know this is complicated but I think a lot of vietnam Jitz guys are in a position that is similar to the analogy I gave you.. except that the teacher may sanction the rank! (unlike what I would do). Feel free to ignore this if it is too convoluted.

MY REPLY:

Well, I am a Vietnam Era Jitz guy too.

The problem with the military is many of those guys had limited training in Judo, or Judo concepts, and went off their own ways. This is not to say they were not tough guys, but their Judo skills and knowledge were not on a level of a Gene LeBell, or John Saylor, Willy Cahil, etc.

This is not to say their "jujitsu" wasn't strong. Many hard core Judo people did not like the direction Judo took after becoming an Olympic Sport. In most cases those people felt "jujitsu" was the self-defense application of Judo.

The problem came in with trying to define "jujitsu" and having an accepted ranking system. While I agree with them, and did it that way myself for a time, I created "Combat Judo" to be the self-defense application of Judo; but all ranks and skill sets went through USJA's program to avoid the ranking issue.

When I see problems such as yours, I am all the more convinced mine is the right way to do things. But that is just my opinion.

His reply:

Thanks for your time!

LOL on that last sentence... Unfortunately (for him) It is Ralph's problem in this case,..

me? I don't claim anything because of a variety of factors... mostly I was lucky enough to always have my skills speak for me enough that nobody ever saw fit to ask about organizations and sanctioning (I still don't know who sanctioned my teachers in karate).
    There is such a non sequitor between what one would imagine I could do and what I can actually do... nobody ever asks! I have my certs! I just am not a fighter, hate fighting but was trained by fighters and came up fighting with the stuff. My love is teaching. I have a soft spot for ignorance and impetiousness, not getting hit in the head at 45 what can I say?

You sir are a gem to have around and I mean that.. I can't thank you enough for being available to ask these questions of... I have been troubled by this dilemna for years: I know for a fact in my case that Riley Hawkins taught stuff that went back to the Okinawans who incorporated it into their systems... I just don't know what Okinawan organization actually sanctioned him. I am afraid to ask....

Ralph has skills but I suspect strongly his judo was the result of one of these guys you speak of, who went his own way sans the skills development (whether one calls that judo being academic).

That is the reason for my inquiry and questions on that Ralph thread.... I know I appear hard headed at time but I have seen a lot of strange explanations for apparent rank inconsistancies. I have also seen a lot of flakes I just like to make sure I know the difference according to my own standards... thanks again Mark.

Let's see what gets said now....
    Ok.

This discussion is a waste of time. I have said what I have to say on this, sorry if that hit a nerve. But I will have my say and take the consequences of that and asking you about an area of your expertise if that is in some way untoward, so be it...

edit: You know? I wasn't going to even say anything but I just have too: You really are suggesting that me asking you about this dragged you into this? Really Mark!! I have that much control over people? please? I wish that were true because you should be in on these debates but really! You have got to be fucking kidding.

I will continue to ask people things... its how I form my understanding and gain my knowledge.. you suggest that this is in some measure a shamful act?!! asking your knowledge?

Man whatever... thats crazy
    Last edited by Dsimon3387; 2/26/2010 8:32pm at .
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2010 12:15am

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're fucking pathetic.
    Dude, as a moderator you are totally immature and rude.
    You should control yourself and lead by example.
    But as seen here you are leading by example and well.. the thread proves it.

You're a liar. I've adhered to those rules and you still duck my questions. Answer these questions:
    No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Bullshido Artist Ralph Severe
    No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Bullshido Artist Ralph Severe
    1, my training today
    2, the Bujinkan Dojo
    3, the members of the Bujinkan Dojo I trained with.

Are you totally just out of touch with reality or what?
    There are no Q in your post that address any of these rules of the thread I am agreeing to answer.
    Hello.. wake up.
    No you are the lair.
    Again you seem to think somehow you have some control of what goes on on my side of this computer screen.
    YOU DON’T have any control of my life or what I will answer.
    Grow up and get the point.

This is a lie, and I am publicly calling you a liar for saying it. Ralph Severe is a lying liar who lies.
    Are you saying you are not invited and my doors are not always open?
    Prove it.
    I gave you an address privately.
    You made it public.
    You lost respect by doing so.
    You are no longer invited to join us for a friendly beating.
    So.. sorry.. I no longer wish to meet you or play any sexual games with you.

Cat Box Groupies.. talking trash..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2010 12:57am

Style: xBJJ xTKD ninpo nusubito

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK another bujinkan-related inquiry to clarify my previous questions:

1. mr. severe, in this question :

what was their(the four I mentioned above) assesment of YOU? please no anecdotal statements from you, the subject. I require video or online statements(post links of videos or if from a website or forum, the link of the site/thread)

you gave an assessment of others. that is not what I am asking for. I am looking for their opinion of YOU, ralph severe, kamiyama. I don't want to know about them, I want to know what they know and think about YOU. do you have statements or videos of them talking about YOU?

2. the question:

what is the reason you chose to post in bullshido, where the ninjutsu arts are not so esteemed? why not post in Martial Arts Planet, MartialTalk, e-budo or kutaki? e-budo and kutaki nowadays are not so active, why not enliven them?

sir, I have read the two threads about you on this site, and nowhere does it state why you choose bullshido.net over the forums mentioned above. and no answer on why don't you also post on those forums. IS YOUR ANSWER ON THAT QUESTION IN ANOTHER FORUM? THEN PLEASE LINK IT HERE.

3. ABOUT MR. JASON STORK: who trained him in traditional japanese arts? do you know how long he has been training? are you assured of his skills and reputation that he can properly represent you and your group of instructors?