Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2007 11:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi
    Actually my old ones say Ninpo Taijutsu. :toothy9:

that's becuase Hatsumi focused on Togakure Ryu, What he was most popular for...
    he made the switch to signify teaching Bujinkan as a whole, as in all 9 Ryu..he doesnt focus on any one specific way to do something. he teaches all 9 ryu together, this is Bujinkan Budo taijutsu. each ryu offers there advantages which gives us an endless amount of possiblities to work with.

i look at my posts as expressing a point of view, your comment is a little hypocritical
    then...so you all just sit here and bash the bujinkan and wait for a bujinkan member to come and say something so you can have fun trying to bash on him?

then what are all of you doing? and i'll stick with hatsumi's teachings, he's alot more skilled and knowledgeable than any of you will ever amount to.

and what is your forum all about then, wasting time bashing others becuase you have nothing else better to do with yourselves? or how about using it for debate/ information exchange to better others? it's called information exchange....

ya...uh, you guys really understand martial arts....

i guess i'll stop..obviously wasting my time with you...

but i dont mind exchange of information or sharing different opinions, everybody has got there own.

bujinkan doesnt claim to be 'the real ninjutsu' only 3 schools are ninpo the other 6 are samurai arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2007 12:12pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reptileddp
    he made the switch to signify teaching Bujinkan as a whole, as in all 9 Ryu..he doesnt focus on any one specific way to do something. he teaches all 9 ryu together, this is Bujinkan Budo taijutsu. each ryu offers there advantages which gives us an endless amount of possiblities to work with.
    I think you might have some of your facts a bit muddled.

What Hatsumi was focused upon teaching within the Bujinkan was mainly the personal synthesis of the material he had learned from Takamatsu that makes up the Ten Chi Jin Ryaku No Maki. This is a conscious winnowing down of the core material from the Ryuha he inherited from Takamatsu and formed what Hatsumi considered to be the essential skills of Ninpo Taijutsu. Togakure Ryu was chosen as the formal name for what would be taught, metaphorically folding the other schools behind the Hidden Doorway.

Two things happened over the years that apparently lead to some changes in operation.

First most of Hatsumi's students overseas who were more taken by the idea of "Secret Knowledge" then they were in learning the basics well began asking about the Ryuha thinking that in them they would find the "Secret." A few Shihan began discussing the Ryu and teaching parts of it and Hatsumi Sensei attempted to show how the elements of these methods could be adapted by a skilled practitioner.

Secondly Ninjas became passe culturally. They had gone the whole cycles that sociologist Orrin Klapp identiified for subcultures, having gone from "Villians" to "Heros" and ultimately to "Fools." This happened within the martial arts community with the rise of various ninjacompoops like Ashida Kim, Frank Dux and the other Koga ryu types and in the wider culture via "Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles" and the like. So Hatsumi folded his Ninpo into the broader term Budo and has been looking for ways to weather the passe condition of the ninja and continue his teaching.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2007 8:21pm

Style: Tenchu Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullsh*t

i look at my posts as expressing a point of view, your comment is a little hypocritical
    then...so you all just sit here and bash the bujinkan and wait for a bujinkan member to come and say something so you can have fun trying to bash on him?
    Actually Shinbushi is currently Bujinkan and I believe he was trying to make a point with me.

then what are all of you doing? and i'll stick with hatsumi's teachings, he's alot more skilled and knowledgeable than any of you will ever amount to.
    And if you sleep with his books under your pillow you might absorb the bufu

and what is your forum all about then, wasting time bashing others becuase you have nothing else better to do with yourselves? or how about using it for debate/ information exchange to better others? it's called information exchange....
    you assume you have information worth exchanging. I'm assuming you don't.

ya...uh, you guys really understand martial arts....
    um... actually I do.

bujinkan doesnt claim to be 'the real ninjutsu' only 3 schools are ninpo the other 6 are samurai arts.
    Blah blah broken record. Actually bujinkan did claim to be the real ninjutsu for many years.
    And Hatsumi used to say he taught Bushinkan ryu.

But whatever....speaking for myself, my time here is not to bash bujinkan so much as it is to have a good laugh and kill some time when waiting. And yes I still think the techniques in those videos suck and if you still think that that was just another expression, then you haven't been training with a decent instructor........ or you just suck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 2:00am

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus... I spend two weeks in Asia and come back to find the whole website of Bujinkan ignorant non-sparring nuthuggers!

Shinbushi you were meant to hold the fort!
    Ninjew, I liked it better when you raped their mothers...

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 10:59am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Tanto
    Ninjew, I liked it better when you raped their mothers...
    That before I got mod powers and now what I say reflects the site as a whole.

For the record, I am visiting my old college and I sparred my old TKD instructor. I single legged him of a spinning back kick. It was sweet.

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 9:20am

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan6
    I don't think that counts for much.

There are many people who join the Bujinkan, do it for years and years and never get it. Those who come to watch one class, don't get it and never come back. There are those who train for 5-10 years and just leave. Those who go to the Honbu, don't understand and leave. Those who train for 20-30 years and still don't get it and usually leave to create their own ultimate style.
    People have different wants, desires and goals and most will never understand. Thats okay, they can go and excel at something else.

There is no such thing as an ex-Bujinkan member. You either are or you aren't.
    Lay off the Kool-Aid, the sugar in that **** will kill you.

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 11:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan6
    I don't think that counts for much.

There are many people who join the Bujinkan, do it for years and years and never get it. Those who come to watch one class, don't get it and never come back. There are those who train for 5-10 years and just leave. Those who go to the Honbu, don't understand and leave. Those who train for 20-30 years and still don't get it and usually leave to create their own ultimate style.
    People have different wants, desires and goals and most will never understand. Thats okay, they can go and excel at something else.

There is no such thing as an ex-Bujinkan member. You either are or you aren't.
    Let me guess the people who "get it" are the ones that think it's awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 1:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Let me guess the people who "get it" are the ones that think it's awesome.
    I'm also curious about what it means to "get it". I also keep hearing about people who don't "get it". What exactly does that mean?

Is "getting it" linked to T3H F33LING? I notice a lot of people talk about "The FEELING" of Ninjutsu.

How do you tell if someone has T3H F33LING or if they "get it"? Will they be a better fighter than someone without T3H F33LING ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 7:26pm

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shmuel
    I'm also curious about what it means to "get it". I also keep hearing about people who don't "get it". What exactly does that mean?

Is "getting it" linked to T3H F33LING? I notice a lot of people talk about "The FEELING" of Ninjutsu.

How do you tell if someone has T3H F33LING or if they "get it"? Will they be a better fighter than someone without T3H F33LING ?

No I have asked extensively on other forums if "The Feeling" (TM) is required to be good at taijutsu. The clear answer was no, you don't. But it seems to be the little something people get a buzz from in their training (like a toy in your cereal box, I guess).

"Just not getting it" is an excuse, IMO. Because people don't want to admit that for example Virus didn't "like it" so instead they argued that he didn't "get it"...
    maybe its a self-justification thing.

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 10:27pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well now, that would all depend on what “IT” is defined as right?

If “IT” is defined as “fighting” then when people in the Bujinkan finally start to understand “IT”, they generally leave the Bujinkan.

If “IT” is defined as “larping technique collection” then when people get what “IT” is all about, then they thrive in the Bujinkan.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast