Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AFAIK, the game is just called janken

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 5:33pm

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The video in the dojo was far superior due to the complete absence of fat americans.
    Also the dojo guys never pretended realism, sticking to the rote of the kata.
    The fat guy in the field throwing wooden students over his huge arse wasn't giving any credit to the way they put their arm out to him and froze. He just made them make funny noises then threw them over his huge arse!
    And the two fat guys in the first vid, that deadly two handed arse-push was lethal!

The motto of this story ;
    If it relies on contact with a huge arse : don't do it!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 9:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok seriously, I understand the unrealistic lunge punch, I understand the formal kata, but seriously this is NinpoTaijutsu?

This video is everything wrong with that organization, fact middle age men playing ninja doing bujinkan version of a Ko-ryu technique, bringing it to the point obsurity.

RubberTanto put it best:[/quote]

this is not a flaw of the bujinkan, it only proves you guys dont understand bujinkan training.
    are techniques in the scrolls vague? yes....first we study the base movement (basic)
    and advance from there. we also apply various methods to the same form, (which make it different)

if i was gonna post a technique on the internet i wouldnt be demonstrating it in a way for people to learn "my style" or a good/effective way of doing a technique. it is a base movement to show the fundamentals of a technique.

you cannot judge based on watching one bujinkan class, or one version of one person performing a technique. if you think so than your a fool and you obviuosly no nothing of real ninpo. this is also a part of ninjutsu, the way we show techniques so that people can't learn from us.
    now maybe the flaw of the instructors out there (even though there bujinkan) is that alot of people dont know this/ only practice this basic way of performing the technique,

that doesnt mean that bujinkan sucks, just the person who doesnt get it sucks.

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 12:25pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    reptileddp:

Why donít you get your head out of your ass and go read through peopleís past post and profiles. Hereís a hint: many of the members calling bullshit on the Bujinkan are former members, all with several years of experience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 12:46pm

Style: Tenchu Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reptileddp
    if i was gonna post a technique on the internet i wouldnt be demonstrating it in a way for people to learn "my style" or a good/effective way of doing a technique. it is a base movement to show the fundamentals of a technique.
    Why bother posting it on the internet at all then? Wouldn't keeping it off the internet hide it better? What an absurd statement

you cannot judge based on watching one bujinkan class, or one version of one person performing a technique. if you think so than your a fool and you obviuosly no nothing of real ninpo. this is also a part of ninjutsu, the way we show techniques so that people can't learn from us.
    And you know about ninpo because it says you have license on your rank certificates? Wait it doesn't say ninpo on your certificate it says budo. Gee, You guys are REALLY good at hiding your ninjutsu.

now maybe the flaw of the instructors out there (even though there bujinkan) is that alot of people dont know this/ only practice this basic way of performing the technique,.
    THE FLAW? As if there were only one?

that doesnt mean that bujinkan sucks, just the person who doesnt get it sucks.
    Wow!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 12:47pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is not a flaw of the bujinkan, it only proves you guys dont understand bujinkan training.
    I know you think you're special but we've all seen hundred of versions of you and your exact same argument.

In fact quite a few people in this site who now critique the Bujinkan's general practice started off using exactly the same form of defense of its methods.

Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 2:01pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidama
    Why bother posting it on the internet at all then? Wouldn't keeping it off the internet hide it better? What an absurd statement

And you know about ninpo because it says you have license on your rank certificates? Wait it doesn't say ninpo on your certificate it says budo.

Wow!
    Actually my old ones say Ninpo Taijutsu. :toothy9:

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 3:30pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi
    Actually my old ones say Ninpo Taijutsu. :toothy9:

So does Hidama's. I seen his. I believed he is poking fun at the fact that Bujinkan certs say Budo Taijutsu though claim to be the real Ninjutsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 6:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjew
    So does Hidama's. I seen his. I believed he is poking fun at the fact that Bujinkan certs say Budo Taijutsu though claim to be the real Ninjutsu.

Shhhhh.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 6:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found out today what real ninjas do. A four-year old in one of my classes told me.....

Spoiler:

....They steal pies. lol

Last edited by Hidama; 4/30/2007 6:20pm at .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast