Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diphenhydramine HCl 25 mg in each caplet, I'd suggest either taking the whole box and some Jack Daniels (1/5), or just 2 pills as Tylenol recommends.

Edit: What about having your brother choke you out, just to see what it's like.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 6:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grappling with my brother makes it gay, like incest, so no.

Melatonin worked for me but you get used to it real quick. I would actually try the Simply Sleep thing now that I know of it.

BTW, 6mg of melatonin fucks you up and knocks you out cold. Get the 1mg tablets and take one, then two next nght if no effect.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 6:15pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    stay the **** away from sleeping aids unless you really, really, really have to.
    I agree. I have always had trouble sleeping. I started taking OTC sleep aids, and now I think I'm addicted to them. I have to take more than the recommended dose for them to work, and constantly change between brands with different active ingredients because my body seems to become immune to them after a while. It kinda sucks. I'm usually pretty groggy all the time, but I can't fall asleep on my own.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 7:05pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Before getting into OTC and pharmacological aids, have you tried not working out before bed? After years of fighting insomnia, I finally started lifting in the morning instead of evening and it made a world of difference. It was amazing how something as simple as that completely changed my life...and to think my pediatrician thought it was homosexual panic.

I occasionaly have problems with falling asleep but it usually is because I drank coffee or took a stim [lol BSG rocks] too late in the day, which I effectively treat with either a few pints of porter, a glass of Suan Zao Ren Tang, or acupuncture.

Oh, and sex before bed usually helps too.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 7:52pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, its not working out before bed. I normally do that. I dont normally stay up all night though. Its just in the last week that I cant sleep and its because I go to bed late and sleep late, so Im not tired enough to go to bed early the next .night

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 8:23pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd go see a doctor. stay away from the sleep aids, seriously. Try not working out past 6:30 pm. The last thing you want is a drug habit- it can **** up your sleep patterns for LIFE.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 9:23pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    No, its not working out before bed. I normally do that. I dont normally stay up all night though. Its just in the last week that I cant sleep and its because I go to bed late and sleep late, so Im not tired enough to go to bed early the next .night

If you're not tired enough to go to sleep at the proper time the next night, maybe you should completely kill yourself in the gym one day. Get up and drag yourself out of bed for 45 minutes of cardio - interval sprints until you can't do anymore then slow it down to hit the 45 minute mark - then hit the gym around 1900 and lift for an hour and a half.

That much exercise should make you drop in your bed at an appropriate time.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 10:43pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another thing to consider is 5-HTP. It's a supplement that promotes serotonin production, and it can induce drowsiness.

I've been trying it lately, and it's helped, along with melatonin.

-EDIT-

btw, if you do get melatonin, get the Biochem 3mg version. It's the only quick-release tablet guaranteed to have pure melatonin in it, as certified by consumerlab.com
    Last edited by Judah Maccabee; 4/23/2007 10:46pm at .

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 10:57pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A quick not on melatonin. If you have RLS, restless legs, that melatonin stuff will make it worse. Pretty much something older guys get 40+ years old. Also known as the "jimmy Legs". You could also try relaxation tapes. You're not going to fall right out, but it may be stress keeping you awake. Stress is cumulative, and needs to be addressed.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 8:12am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jerk it.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast