Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 5:05am

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Animal Pak multivitamin supplement - Anyone used it?

I've been looking at this vitamin and mineral pack that a fair few bodybuilders and strength trainers alike are supposed to be using to help with their nutritional needs. Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this product?

http://www.animalpak.co.uk/index.php...d=28&Itemid=48

I'm now positive that my one a day sanatogen gold supplement isn't cutting it with my lifestyle so need something that offers a little more.

My diet is good and i eat plenty of fresh fruit, veg, complex carbs etc etc so this is only a supplement, not expecting a miracle product! Also, the fact is that a lot of fruit and veg these days doesn;t have as much nutrients in them as they should due to poor soil and farming methods, yet i can't afford to shop organic all the time.

Anybody got any other reccommendations for a good multivit?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 10:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai/no-gi n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've used this product before with the Animal Stak product combo... I didn't see that big of a difference so I just get the Animal Pak multivitamins... It seems to be a good deal so I've been sticking with it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 11:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: krav maga/kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Animal Pak is really just multi-vitamins with a few BCAA's, which means your not going to notice any noticable results. For the most part, the ingredients in animal pak are very similar to most common multi-vitamins. I suggest you keep taking your current multi-vitamin and start supplementing your workouts with extra protein shakes that includes BCAA's.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 12:11pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spirez
    I've been looking at this vitamin and mineral pack that a fair few bodybuilders and strength trainers alike are supposed to be using to help with their nutritional needs. Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this product?

http://www.animalpak.co.uk/index.php...d=28&Itemid=48

I'm now positive that my one a day sanatogen gold supplement isn't cutting it with my lifestyle so need something that offers a little more.

My diet is good and i eat plenty of fresh fruit, veg, complex carbs etc etc so this is only a supplement, not expecting a miracle product! Also, the fact is that a lot of fruit and veg these days doesn;t have as much nutrients in them as they should due to poor soil and farming methods, yet i can't afford to shop organic all the time.

Anybody got any other reccommendations for a good multivit?
    Dude, a couple of questions.

1. What does it mean that your diet is good?
    2. What does it mean by having plenty of fruit, vegs and complex carbs?
    3. I see references to fresh fruit, vegs and carbs, but what about protein (hopefully animal protein, or at least hippie tofu)????
    4. What exactly are your goals?

You have to notice a couple of things. A good multivitamin is only good when it goes on top of a diet appropriate to the physical training in question.

If you are not eating enough protein, fat, carbs, fruit and vegs for your goals (.ie. retain/gain/lose weight) and that satisfy your minimum nutritional requirements (a function of your bodyweight, height, physical activities and perhaps age), multi vitamins will only be a waste of money (in particular something like Animal Pak.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 2:35pm

Style: Boxing, MMA/MT/BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to use it a while back. It beats buying four, five, or more vitamins seperatly. Each pack has it's share of horse pills though, of course. And it makes your piss look like neon yellow highlighter ink.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 5:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Dude, a couple of questions.

1. What does it mean that your diet is good?
    2. What does it mean by having plenty of fruit, vegs and complex carbs?
    3. I see references to fresh fruit, vegs and carbs, but what about protein (hopefully animal protein, or at least hippie tofu)????
    4. What exactly are your goals?

You have to notice a couple of things. A good multivitamin is only good when it goes on top of a diet appropriate to the physical training in question.

If you are not eating enough protein, fat, carbs, fruit and vegs for your goals (.ie. retain/gain/lose weight) and that satisfy your minimum nutritional requirements (a function of your bodyweight, height, physical activities and perhaps age), multi vitamins will only be a waste of money (in particular something like Animal Pak.
    OK i'll take today as an example of my diet, although i don't have exact weights etc.

Breakfast 7am

80g 100% porridge oats with 30g protein powder mixed in
    1 banana
    1 multivitamin tab and 1 extra strength cod liver oil tablet with omega oils

Mid morning 10 am

2 slices of wholemeal bread
    1 slice grilled bacon
    2 poached eggs
    1 banana

Lunch 12:30 pm

Pack of sandwiches on wholemeal bread, 1 x chicken salad, 1 x prawn mayo, 1 x BLT
    Banana smoothie
    Natural yogurt with fresh apple, kiwi and strawberry slices

2pm

1 pear, 1 banana and 1 satsuma

5pm

Chicken breast with around 80 grams of brown basmati rice plus tomatoes and cucumber
    Natural yogurt with honey and pecan nuts

7pm

1 banana beofre training

10pm 1 protein shake (30ish grams of protein)

2 litres of water per day minimum

I could probably do with more post workout but i'm unsure of what to have that wont sit on my stomach before i go to sleep. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated too.

I eat pretty much the same as this every day but i mix it up with pork, white basmati, potatoes, wholemeal pasta, quinoa etc Just trying to keep costs down at the same time as i will be unemployed for 12 weeks when i go on a training course.

I'm 21, my goals are really to gain strength, stamina, endurance and recovery for mixed martial arts competition. Not interested in gaining too much size but a little would be nice.

I'm currently weighing around 155lb/70 kg and will be fighting at this weight but would like to put on a bit more bulk, ie 5-10lb and then cut down to 155 when competing.

Body type, can't remember what it's called but i can eat as much as i like and put on very little weight, very low body fat etc.

I've just gone and ordered the following multivit for now as i've heard good reports about it and it was only 12 for 45 days supply.

http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=item...&item_id=13564

Any help appreciated.

Posted On:
    5/01/2007 1:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You seem to be doing fine with your diet, and the vitamins you bought should from Now Foods should suffice. If you can afford it, get some glutamine (and BCAAs if you can). That's all you should really need (unless you decide in the future to lift to gain some serious mass.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2007 3:08pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spirez
    OK i'll take today as an example of my diet, although i don't have exact weights etc.

Breakfast 7am

80g 100% porridge oats with 30g protein powder mixed in
    1 banana
    1 multivitamin tab and 1 extra strength cod liver oil tablet with omega oils

Mid morning 10 am

2 slices of wholemeal bread
    1 slice grilled bacon
    2 poached eggs
    1 banana

Lunch 12:30 pm

Pack of sandwiches on wholemeal bread, 1 x chicken salad, 1 x prawn mayo, 1 x BLT
    Banana smoothie
    Natural yogurt with fresh apple, kiwi and strawberry slices

2pm

1 pear, 1 banana and 1 satsuma

5pm

Chicken breast with around 80 grams of brown basmati rice plus tomatoes and cucumber
    Natural yogurt with honey and pecan nuts

7pm

1 banana beofre training

10pm 1 protein shake (30ish grams of protein)

2 litres of water per day minimum

I could probably do with more post workout but i'm unsure of what to have that wont sit on my stomach before i go to sleep. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated too.

I eat pretty much the same as this every day but i mix it up with pork, white basmati, potatoes, wholemeal pasta, quinoa etc Just trying to keep costs down at the same time as i will be unemployed for 12 weeks when i go on a training course.

I'm 21, my goals are really to gain strength, stamina, endurance and recovery for mixed martial arts competition. Not interested in gaining too much size but a little would be nice.

I'm currently weighing around 155lb/70 kg and will be fighting at this weight but would like to put on a bit more bulk, ie 5-10lb and then cut down to 155 when competing.

Body type, can't remember what it's called but i can eat as much as i like and put on very little weight, very low body fat etc.

I've just gone and ordered the following multivit for now as i've heard good reports about it and it was only 12 for 45 days supply.

http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=item...&item_id=13564

Any help appreciated.
    god i wish i can be as organized as you are

Posted On:
    5/01/2007 3:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    god i wish i can be as organized as you are
    C'mon kid, it's not that hard :cool:

Just write what you eat for a couple of days, and after a while, it becomes second nature.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2007 4:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheers i'll definitely look into the BCAAs and glutamine. The latter helps with recovery right?

I also forgot to add i take a Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplement which i've heard mixed reviews for, but sure it's not hurting me. Even if it's only mentally, my joints feel less weak in the 6 months or so that i've been taking them.

One thing i'm unsure of is the best time to take the multivit to get the most out of it whilst training? should i just take it in the morning or would it be more beneficial with the evening meal? The Adam's are a 2-a-day vit so i might just take one in the morning and one in the evening.

Cheers for the help.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast