Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 12:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Highschool Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Knee Injury

I recently had my knee popped out of its socket and I have to go to this physio therapy **** and I was just wondering if anybody has hurt their knee to the point where they could not compete anymore

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 8:13am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Isle
    I recently had my knee popped out of its socket and I have to go to this physio therapy **** and I was just wondering if anybody has hurt their knee to the point where they could not compete anymore
    Welcome dude. You may want to use the search function. People are usually expected to search for existing threads in a topic before creating a new one. Anyways, check this thread. It was the latest one on that topic (created about 5 days ago):

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53830

Go through it, and follow the links provided by other posters. Just to sum it up, avoid weights, get rest, and use a knee brace.

Good luck!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 7:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yah I just got a brace but it is uncomfortable to wear so I just wear my wrestling knee pads and a tensor bandage underneath

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 8:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Braces are uncomfortable, but it's much better to just ignore it for the time being (until your knee is completely recovered, if it ever does) than to risk a further aggravating injury. Don't mess with it dude.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 10:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ya I guess but I am totally obsessed with wrestling its the only thing keeping me in school

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 8:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And when you **** your knee for good, your wrestling will go bye-bye... and what should be keeping you in school is education, but that's just me.

Don't be a dumbass, and don't hurt yourself. If you don't take care of yourself, who will? Wear a brace or take a break. Let your knees heal themselves. You can't get knee replacements in Home Depot, so take care of them.

International Man of Pancakes

Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 4:11pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing... knees don't just pop out of socket. There isn't really a socket to start with. There's a roundish part on top and a dish-shaped part on the bottom. A series of ligaments (bone-to-bone fibrous tissue) holds them together. For things to come out of place in any significant way involves tearing of ligaments. And that is serious.

I'm not a medical professional, but I've studied a little anatomy and had two knee surgeries. FWIW.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

nail conditioning

Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 4:51pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meataxe
    One thing... knees don't just pop out of socket. There isn't really a socket to start with. There's a roundish part on top and a dish-shaped part on the bottom. A series of ligaments (bone-to-bone fibrous tissue) holds them together. For things to come out of place in any significant way involves tearing of ligaments. And that is serious.

I'm not a medical professional, but I've studied a little anatomy and had two knee surgeries. FWIW.
    What he said. Time for a professional medical opinion on that knee boyo.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 11:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K well if knees dont pop out then I really fucked my knee up because the kneecap was moved over to the side of my knee and was forced back to the regular spot it was supposed to be in by the hospital..........The force of the move moved the cap to the side of the knee and thats when *I yelled dont move and then as I said dont move I looked at my knee and I remember touching it and my opponent swinging his legs around to get out of the position we were in and my coach just freaking out and then bam we were in the hospital and they took this cloth looking thing and X-rayed it and then they put me in this tiny little room and the doctor came in and said that he was going to move it back into place and I pretty sure I passed out from the pain and woke up with what was almost like a cast but thinner and they said I would be fine in a few weeks

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 11:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ........Its almnost been 10 months and my knee is still fucked up but I baby it everyday and yah maybe I will have to get surgery but ......

I will make to nationals no matter what thats my dream and it will become a reality next year.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast