Sponsored Links Spacer Image

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 3:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't waste your money! Try out micronized creatine monohydrate. Monohydrate has all the studies confirming it works and is cheap. Cell Tech is over priced monohydrate. It has a lot of sugar and some alpha lipoic acid with some other goodies to help increase absorption.

You can make your own for much cheaper, but I would just but plain micronized monohydrate.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/abb/crea.html

200 servings for $23.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Bodybuilding.com sucks.

2. Creatine was cycled to keep the effects going. The body would begin to see diminishing returns while constantly on CM. That in itself is a bit or a marketing gimmick along with the loading phases...

3. If you're going to use any form of Creatine, buy the estered form, or it's derivatives. They usually come in pill form and are economically more sound.

Try DPSnutrition.com. They have decent prices for a variety of things. Mysupplementstore.com is halfway decent as well. As with most things, shop around, you'll find a deal.

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 6:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why use the estered form? Is it really that much better? I know its cheap like mono but do you use it? 3 grams a day is what I have read I think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 6:44pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i guess i will get the micronized creatine then do they sell it in gnc(that is the closest supplement store to me)

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 6:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 5:09am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My brother is supposed to start taking creatine for a muscle condition, and he asked me to find a good type and brand. Personally I don't use the stuff and don't really intend to so I've never looked into it that far until now.
    I am looking to avoid side effects such as bloating and whatnot as much as possible, and cost isn't a huge issue, so I'm thinking of the CEE type in pill form to make it easier to take. One additional concern I have is avoiding kidney stones as he's had those before, so if there's one particular form that's best for avoiding these that would probably trump most other factors.
    With those in mind, I'd like some recommendations for specific brands that are good quality.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taken from: http://forum.myprotein.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9272

Creatine Ethyl Ester rapidly degrades to creatinine in stomach acid

Child R1 and Tallon MJ2
    1Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. 2University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, DrChild@CR-Technologies.net

Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE) is a commercially available synthetic creatine that is now widely used in dietary supplements. It comprises of creatine with an ethyl group attached and this molecular configuration is reported to provide several advantages over creatine monohydrate (CM). The Medical Research Institute (CA, USA) claim that the ceecee in their product (San CM2 Alpha) avoids the breakdown of creatine to creatinine in stomach acids. Ultimately it is claimed that cee products provide greater absorption and efficacy than CM. To date, none of these claims have been evaluated by an independent, or university laboratory and no comparative data are available on cee and CM.

This study assessed the availability of creatine from three commercial creatine products during degradation in acidic conditions similar to those that occur in the stomach. They comprised of two products containing cee (San CM2 Alpha and CE2) and commercially available CM (CreapureŇ). An independent laboratory, using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP), performed the analysis. Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37± 1oC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes. creatine availability was assessed by immediately assaying for free creatine, cee and the creatine breakdown product creatinine, using HPLC (UV)

After 30 minutes incubation only 73% of the initial cee present was available from CE2, while the amount of cee available from San CM2 Alpha was even lower at only 62%. In contrast, more than 99% of the creatine remained available from the CM product. These reductions in cee availability were accompanied by substantial creatinine formation, without the appearance of free creatine. After 120minutes incubation 72% of the ceecreatine remained available from CM.

cee is claimed to provide several advantages over CM because of increased solubility and stability. In practice, the addition of the ethyl group to creatine actually reduces acid stability and accelerates its breakdown to creatinine. This substantially reduces creatinecreatine such as San CM2 and CE2 are inferior to CM as a source of free creatine.

Supported by Cr-Technologies, LLP, London, England
    in their product (CE2) provides greater solubility in lipids, leading to improved absorption. Similarly San (San Corporation, CA, USA) claim that the was available from CE2 with only 11% available from San CM2 Alpha, while more than 99% of the availability in its esterified form and as a consequence
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 11:08am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And a thread about cycling also: http://forum.myprotein.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9349

Most people are of the opinion that cycling is unnecessary.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123