Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 11:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any type of creatine you actually need to cycle off of? I've never heard of that necessity before.

I stick with Monohydrate.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 7:23am

Style: Wrestling, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are 16 you want to steer clear of creatine. It has been show to cause renial failure in teenagers. South Africa had a huge problem with when they used to load up all their young rugby players. Stick with stuff like protein supplements and glutamine. I take a anti catabolic supplement mainly to help with recovery because I have a pretty intense schedule. I use muscle armour but it is stupidly expensive. Yeah so basically creatine at a young age is a big no no. Wait a few years.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 7:44am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drink milk and lift hard.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 7:57am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    truepwrz, not wanting to point the obvious, but Jeeez, search the forums. This topic has been discussed a kazillion times. I could understand if this is a brand new topic, or if you have a question that has not been answered already in a recent thread.

Also, I could understand asking a question anew even though it was answered two years ago. But we were even discussing creatine about a week ago for Christ's sake!!!!!

Here. Your reading assignment: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/sear...archid=1420265
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 8:12am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i remember reading somewhere that the loading phase was basically a supplement industry con becuase the body can only absorb so much at one time and the rest gets ejected in your urine. The article cited a study that found something like 3gms a day @4 weeks = the same gains as a typical loading phase.

ring any bells with anyone?

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 10:04am

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On creatine and renal failure-
    Creatinine =/ creatine. Creatinine is secreted when your kidneys are failing. It's just like ketosis =/ ketoacidosis. People say "OMG ketosis is t3h d34dly" when they're thinking of ketoacidosis.
    Rugby player Lomu had nephrotic kidneys.

Lomu got to the 1999 World Cup, and played another starring role. Privately, though, he knew he was playing on borrowed time. After his last game in 2003, Lomu's creatinine levels were almost 30 times greater than those of an average person. But not today. Today, those creatinine levels are close to normal, and Lomu is revelling in the new sensation of completing a training session then backing up for another
    http://www.theage.com.au/news/Union/...152322251.html

Creatine supplementation is safe for healthy adult individuals.

Long-term oral creatine supplementation does not impair renal function in healthy athletes.

Results: There were no statistical differences between the control group and the creatine consumer group for plasma contents and urine excretion rates for creatinine, urea, and albumin. Clearance of these compounds did not differ between the two groups. Thus, glomerular filtration rate, tubular reabsorption, and glomerular membrane permeability were normal in both groups.
    Conclusions: Neither short-term, medium-term, nor long-term oral creatine supplements induce detrimental effects on the kidney of healthy individuals.
    http://www.acsm-msse.com/pt/re/msse/abstract.00005768-199908000-00005.htm;jsessionid=GsDJtkHMzwhGTS288sc7zfnYWsq0Z Jf2LKh9G9skfw30WY1Dnk0g!3145886!-949856145!8091!-1

Creatine supplementation does not affect kidney function in an animal model with pre-existing renal failure

Results. In contrast to previous reports, no detrimental effects of creatine supplementation on the renal function indices were observed in two-thirds nephrectomized or sham-operated animals. No differences were observed in inulin (0.28±0.08 vs 0.25±0.08 ml/min/100 g; P=NS) or creatinine clearance rates. Serum cystatin C concentration, urinary protein excretion, and albumin and urea clearance were comparable between creatine-supplemented and control-diet fed animals in both sham-operated and two-thirds nephrectomized animals. Serum creatine and intramuscular total creatine concentrations were higher in creatine-supplemented groups (P<0.05).
    http://ndt.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/co...8/2/258?ck=nck

Dietary creatine supplementation does not affect some haematological indices, or indices of muscle damage and hepatic and renal function

Findings—All measured indices were well within their respective normal range at all times. Serum creatinine concentration tended to be increased the day after Cr supplementation. However, values had returned to baseline six weeks after the cessation of supplementation. These increases were probably attributable to increased creatinine production rather than renal dysfunction. No indication of impairment to the haematological indices measured, hepatic function, or muscle damage was apparent after Cr supplementation
    http://bjsm.bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/34/4/284

It does cause water retention, so don't use diuretics and stimulants while supplementing with it because your bp ca go way up- even more so if you're using gear.

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 11:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ironlurker, that's one hell of a good post. Many, many thanks.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 2:42pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    ironlurker, that's one hell of a good post. Many, many thanks.
    Thanks, but I think it's time you admitted truepwrz is really just a duplicate account you use to liven up the forum :new_silly

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 2:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With my charisma alone I liven up the forums! :viking:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 3:10pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironlurker
    Thanks, but I think it's time you admitted truepwrz is really just a duplicate account you use to liven up the forum :new_silly
    true the forums are getting too dead... time for me to explode it:blob8: lol, btw I am trying out cell tech now any opinions on it???
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast