Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: NAGA Worlds

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Supposedly the Armory cost somewhere around 10 grand a day to rent, so I can see why they'd be...reluctant.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is NAGA pretty much it for competition in the Tri State area?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grapplers Quest comes around.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I checked the website and they were talking about superfights with Roger Gracie and another brazilian, I figure that's a little to advanced for me right now. Maybe next month.

http://www.grapplers.com/zone/news.cfm?#158

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****. 10k? he had fucking 1500 competitors at about 80 dollars a pop, not considering the concession stand, the merchandising, the sponsorship and the spectators.

he's RAKING it in.

solves problems with violence supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    security, paramedics, INSURANCE, staff

there are other costs, he seems like a good guy, i don't think he's getting rich off of NAGA
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know much about NAGA but if you wanted to keep numbers down wouldnt it be best to make it so you would have to qualify for the event. I have never been able to compete in a worlds event that doesnt require qualification. Feel free to own me because I dont really know anything about NAGA just my thoughts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes from the casual onlooker (me) NAGA Worlds I would assume would be a qualifying event based on nationals, but I may just be following that thread because of the word "Worlds" in the title.

Maybe NAGA Worlds Open or NAGA Open International sounds a better descriptor.

But really I am being picky, sounds like fun either way.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those are very rational assumptions, but it actually doesn't work like that. The names of the NAGA events are very much empty titles. They are all open tournaments where anyone can walk in and compete at any given event. No qualifying or anything to that effect. Every event is about getting as many people to compete as possible, so in that regard I guess this event was a 'success'.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kip had over 57,000 competitors last year,counting on my fingers and toes he took in around 4.5/5 million.surely he could afford the armory another day,not to mention they charge you to be rated,now...ttt

Page 2 of 2 First 12