Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2003 9:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The original Delucia fight with Royce was a sham.

He was billed as a Shaolin five animals fighter, yet it was then revealed he actualy did Kempo.

His fight was best discribed as a lamb running in to the slaughter. He ran up to Royce and attempted some kind of poorly coordinated piss weak jumping kick strait away. This looked to me like an act of compleate desperation as he obviously had *no* idea how he was going to fight with Royce.

That fight was obviously rigged up just to be a token kung fu guy getting pounded. He had no coordination, no power and no idea of distancing or timing. He was a poor excuse for a 'kung fu guy' and was quite obviously only there as a tomato can.

I do give the man prop's for entering and fighting in the first place but i *dont* respect the fact he obviously allowed himself to become a token pawn in an obviously rigged 'spectacle'.

Becouse of that one rediculous fight he has become a poster child for the ineffectivity of chinese martial arts - dispite obviously having no skill in one. This to me is just plain insulting. If i grab a guy who 'claims' to know BJJ but has just learnt to rassle with his friends and school him silly this doesnt mean that real BJJ is useless.

By the same token just becouse some fool who 'claims' to be trained in Shaolin five animals (a well respected CMA) is about as well trained as your average hamstar doesnt invalidate the many people who actualy do have true skill.

urg the whole thing just annoys me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2003 9:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS i havent seen Delucia since his orignal UFC apperance so if he has improved dramaticaly then im happy to hear it and will look forward to watching him.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    8/23/2003 9:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like waterboxer said, it wasn't "all five animal styles", but reather a style called "Five Animals Gong-fu". I don't think the first one was any kind of set up. He was just outclassed and didn't know what he was getting into. . . like most of the participants in the first few UFC's. Apparently he HAS improved dramatically. I heard somewhere he even trained under Royce for a while before he tried to fight him and got his arm dislocated. I don't remember where I saw his record somewhere but he seemed to being doing pretty well on the NHB scene at the time. He's just not in the top five or anything. That hardly makes him an amateuer.

Five Animals, Kenpo . . .whatever. They could easily be names for the same thing. Maybe the full name is "Five Animals Kenpo Kung Fu". Who knows. He's got a website somehwere.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/23/2003 9:28pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    most guys you ask that do kempo claim that they are shaolin kung fu. Stop you're whining boxer.

Official WTDude Badass Evil Genius

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    8/26/2003 9:54am

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jason actually broke his leg early in the fight with Royce at UFC 2.

His bout with Joe Slick was a great seesaw battle until he messed up his knee.

He won his bout at ShootBox by rear naked choke in 2:39.

"Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy, sir!"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12