Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but what about my coffee break?????
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 11:33am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks. I did the crossfit WOD, "Linda", which starts out with Deadlifts. I've only done deadlifts 1 other time. I'll have to remember to bring my wrestling shoes next time, as there was a big difference between barefoot and with running shoes on. I did notice that I tended to press up on teh balls of my feet when doing deadlifts. Is this normal?

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 11:54am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't want to press up on the balls of your feet. As the video said, think of driving your heels through the floor. Flat soled shoe will help.

I started wearing wrestling shoes to the gym during 20 rep squats and never looked back.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 12:44pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by isol8d
    I did notice that I tended to press up on teh balls of my feet when doing deadlifts. Is this normal?
    As has been mentioned you should drive with your heel and not the ball of your feet. Since you mentioned Crossfit, I'd suggest looking throught the Crossfit journal back issues until you find the one dealing with deadlifts, it's really great.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrestling shoes for lifting? Hmmmm... :eusa_thin: What benefits do you see? I ask in earnest cuz I've never used wrestling shoes before.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 1:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    As has been mentioned you should drive with your heel and not the ball of your feet. Since you mentioned Crossfit, I'd suggest looking throught the Crossfit journal back issues until you find the one dealing with deadlifts, it's really great.
    Analysis of Deadlift

I'll read it later tonight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 2:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Wrestling shoes for lifting? Hmmmm... :eusa_thin: What benefits do you see? I ask in earnest cuz I've never used wrestling shoes before.
    In the video for deadlifting, he says he uses wrestling shoes when doing deadlifts, because they have a flat sole.

I bought a pair of Asics when a store was going out of business.

As I lift in a shared building gym, I didn't want to go barefoot for too long, lest I invite mr. footfungus and/or complaints from other people in the gym.

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 10:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Analysis of Deadlift

I'll read it later tonight.
    Bingo.

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 10:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the video for deadlifting, he says he uses wrestling shoes when doing deadlifts, because they have a flat sole.

I bought a pair of Asics when a store was going out of business.

As I lift in a shared building gym, I didn't want to go barefoot for too long, lest I invite mr. footfungus and/or complaints from other people in the gym.
    A pair of Chuck Taylors works just as well, can be found easier, and are usually cheaper.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually haven't found Chucks cheaper than wrestling shoes. Most Chucks run for like $40 where I'm at. I also like how wrestling shoes have literally zero padding, while chucks have a little bit.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast