Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2002 5:01am

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the reverse punch the most powerful punch?

Titan

Posted On:
    9/17/2002 5:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    probably not.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2002 5:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say probably the Cross or the double jab.

"The night has come and all you lived for was in the day, but with understanding the night can be a powerfull alley"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2002 8:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always said the most powerful punch is the one you don't see. That being the case if you are good at slipping in uppercuts they are very powerful so are hooks.

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    9/17/2002 11:24am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A karate reverse punch in perfect form could be the most powerful, since it employs the most muscles (spring forward with legs, hip rotation, corkscrew effect, etc.).

Of course, you're not gonna have perfect form in a fight, so a lot of karate punches don't stand up well to boxing in pressure tests.

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2002 8:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know the most powerful punch depends of the puncher, but it would have to be between a left hook and a right straight. Either punch lets you get your full body behind it.

Uppercuts are great to set up combinations, but a quick upper followed by a hook or straight is so much better than a power upper.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2002 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Based on physical principles, I would agree that the reverse punch should be the most powerful. But I'd venture that it varies from fighter to fighter. I seem able to get more force behind my right hook then my reverse.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2002 3:01am

Style: Dynamic Combat,TaeKwondo,Judo,Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd have to say the most powerful punch is any punch I guess as long as you adhere to the proper principals. Even my jab is about as strong as my cross because in DCM we apply the jab in such a way that takes full advantage of our body structure and mechanics. I've knocked Richard back about two feet, who is I believe over 6 feet tall and over 200 pounds with my jab. He wasn't bracing but the fact that I did that I was astonished, and I'm only about 5-5 and 115 pounds.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/18/2002 3:20am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DCM FIGHTER is correct on adhereing to principles.

In generating power into a punch one of the best methods I have seen has been in Bajiquan. The problem it takes some time to get the principles down (about 3 months hard training) I've used the principles in boxing and karate and found and had some pretty good results.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  10. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/18/2002 4:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think lunging crosses are dynamite.

The boxing cross punch is pretty much a Karate reverse punch ~ sort of ~ not exactly but close enough for this thread.

I think a hook or a cross thrown from your rear fist as you lunge with your lead leg ~ has the most power. Let me explain:

Lets say you throw a right jab to his left eye, then a left cross to the right side of his nose, but then --> you step forward (and outside a little) with your left foot .. and you throw that right cross or hook to his chin/jaw/etc! Then you follow it up with a left hook to the temple as you step across in front of him with your right leg.

(Then keep swinging, throw him, choke and take him down or whatever)

Its more than a stationary cross or step and reverse punch - you lunge forward or across his position. You cross his path ~ drive through him. On the follow-through your whole forearm should drive through where the impact was - its got a lot of push after the impact. The impact is deep. You move him.

Lunges are not something for begginers though. You can leave yourself wide open if you miss. You have to know what to expect. You've got to learn to back them up. I believe they pack the most power though.

Some people say the WC rising up punch is the most powerful though. Try them all out for yourself. See what works for you. Remember this though, power isn't everything.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast