Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    right, i would have no problems if my JCC started having intro to krav maga classes, or if the catholic fun center (whatever it's called) on the other side of the street wanted to have krotty tkd judo sessions, that's fine too. but, the way this dude has the two mixed up, i just can't see anything good coming out of it.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 5:24pm

Style: koryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkieusa
    Please tell me you made this up! Damn, doesn't someone that can do something about this clown see this for what it is?
    No, I didn't.

First, I have to state that I'm in no way claiming that S.C. Ray is a cult leader. That's my public disclaimer in case he or his students lurk here.

Rather, based solely upon what I read on his website, coupled with the collective relevent observations (i.e. not the ad hominem attacks) made throughout this thread (and those who've claimed here to have visited the facility)...it appears that there are cult-like antics going on. Namely, the rather unsettling question that is not clearly answered on his website: "do I have to be a member of the chuch in order to train there?" What if I don't want the ministry bit...just to train? What if I'm not Christian...what if I don't desire to be Christian?

Also, just as relevant: do I have to endure endless proselytization...folks "witnessing" to me and trying to "save me?" Then, ultimately shunning me because I refused to "accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior?" Will my promotions to higher rank be effected? Etc.

A good place to begin for a little more info on martial arts cults:
    http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/cults.htm

This subject is my forte: I've done considerable graduate level study in thelogy. Evidence of my credentials in this regard (transcripts) can be provided to Mods upon request.

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 3:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I'll hit the noob thread soon.

Best part about reading this thread is the new website he has:

http://stlouismartialartscenter.com/...ter/master.php

Apparently our good minister has upgraded his status to a BISHOP!

QUOTE FROM BISHOP STEPHEN RAY
    "It is my great privilage and honor to be Bishop over our Indian Churches. We humbly give unselffishly to our ministry in India and ask nothing in return. It is all about changing people's lives for the glory of God. We accept no glory for ourselves."

When copy/paste this stuff over here my browser showed all sorts of grammatical errors. Guess he needs to ask god to install spellcheck on his softwarez.

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 5:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have absolutely no problem whatsoever with any shmuck giving themselves a title of minister or pastor or something. but when people start promoting themselves in religious settings it is a pretty nasty situation. first your saying your a bishop, then your promoting yourself to prophet. once that happens, there is no end to the abuses that can go on.
    --------

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 6:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo View Post
    i have absolutely no problem whatsoever with any shmuck giving themselves a title of minister or pastor or something. but when people start promoting themselves in religious settings it is a pretty nasty situation. first your saying your a bishop, then your promoting yourself to prophet. once that happens, there is no end to the abuses that can go on.

I think the worlds in trouble if he promotes himself to messiah after prophet:laughing1

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 12:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATA-LEAO View Post
    I think the worlds in trouble if he promotes himself to messiah after prophet:laughing1
    i think he should drop the bishop title and just call himself the grand poo-bah. i wouldn't have any problems with that.
    --------

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 7:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tae kwan do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have met Grand Master Choi. No BS there, he is as real as the day is long. As for where he lives, big deal, have you guys ever moved. I have checked prices elsewhere and Master Ray is very reasonable. As for God, what is wrong with teaching morals and humility. We couls use a whole lot more of this in the world today. Martial Arts isn't about beating the crap out of people unless one is in danger. Personally I like the guy, his style, his school and the way he cares about his students. I think there is a bit of jealousy going here. I am leary of all the chest thumping, I am the baddest dude around types. Those are the ones you should be looking at. I can't help but think of the Karate Kid when I hear you guys. Allot like the idiot running the dojo in the movie. You guys seem tot hink bullying people and chest thumping is what Martial Arts is all about. You couldn't be farther from the truth. You dudes are the ones giving Martial Artist a bad name!!!!!!!!!!!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 8:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by joesgarage View Post
    I have met Grand Master Choi. No BS there, he is as real as the day is long. As for where he lives, big deal, have you guys ever moved. I have checked prices elsewhere and Master Ray is very reasonable. As for God, what is wrong with teaching morals and humility. We couls use a whole lot more of this in the world today. Martial Arts isn't about beating the crap out of people unless one is in danger. Personally I like the guy, his style, his school and the way he cares about his students. I think there is a bit of jealousy going here. I am leary of all the chest thumping, I am the baddest dude around types. Those are the ones you should be looking at. I can't help but think of the Karate Kid when I hear you guys. Allot like the idiot running the dojo in the movie. You guys seem tot hink bullying people and chest thumping is what Martial Arts is all about. You couldn't be farther from the truth. You dudes are the ones giving Martial Artist a bad name!!!!!!!!!!!
    this post is hysterical... i'd day 80% chance that you're a troll but i'll respond anyway...

1. religion is a disgusting, immoral and fundamentally evil form of enforced ignorance and brainwashing the less it influences the world the better off we will all be

2. martial arts are about studying and practicing different forms of armed and unarmed combat, only fat ineffectual and generally bullshit practitioners think martial arts are about the spiritual side

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 11:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude, were you born stupid or did you eat retardi-o's for breakfast? i mean, did you read ANY of this thread? did you read ANY of the post made about people, including myself, who went to his school?

i suspect you are a troll, but i'm willing to believe your just a dumbass.
    --------

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2009 12:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly who do you think you are!? I would honestly like to know how long you have known the "messiah of douchbags" ......

*edited to make light of the situation* not everyone on this site are "chest thumpers", we do this to stop, and I use this term very strongly, stupid people like you from signing a contract that you legally bind you to this man and his screwed up view of religion........
    let me fill you in on any confusion you may have had when you neglected to read the forum, Ray is not exactly the best person to be learning morals and humility form. If i could quote myself.....he actually had the nerve to stand in front of a class full of 30 or more students and remove his belt to make the point that "HE IN FACT WAS NOW MORE HUMBLE THEN ANY OF US WOULD EVER BE" maybe you should ask him about it.....hmmm....

So the next time you feel the need to open your mouth about something or someone you don't quite have all the details about, staple your lips shut! HA!