222357 Bullies, 4860 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 531 to 540 of 617
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354 55565758 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. matt.m is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis MO
    Posts
    73

    Posted On:
    2/02/2009 8:02pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dewey
    I've lurked this thread for quite some time, occasionally over the past year, primarily because of its local importance to me.

    Apparently, the collective efforts of those here on bullshido.net have made a difference and the good Master has caved in. He now no longer teaches martial arts, but rather leads a "Christian martial arts ministry." Cut-n-pasted the Prologue to the Gospel according to Steven Ray from his updated website:

    ST. LOUIS MARTIAL ARTS CENTER IS A MINISTRY, NOT A GYM. WE ARE VERY UNIQUE IN WHAT WE DO AND DO NOT IDENTIFY OURSELF WITH THE AVERAGE MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL. WE ARE A CHRISTIAN MARTIAL ARTS MINISTRY. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR EVEN HAVE HEARD OF A CHRISTIAN MARTIAL ARTS MINISTRY. OUR MINISTRY CAN NOT BE COMPARED TO THE AVERAGE MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL BECAUSE WE ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT IN HOW WE OPERATE AND WHAT WE TEACH. OUR PHILOSOPHY AND TEACHINGS COME FROM A BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVE. THE EASIEST WAY TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE IS TO THINK OF A BUDDHIST TEMPLE BUT INSTEAD OF TEACHING BUDDHISM WE TEACH CHRISTIANITY. WE ARE A CHURCH THAT BELIEVES IN GROWING SPIRITUALLY, MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY TO BECOME A WELL BALANCED WARRIOR FOR CHRIST.

    I just visited the site after about a year in between. For your convenience: http://stlouismartialartscenter.com/ It's worth a look-see again. Be sure to use www.archive.org and compare the changes.

    Well, there you have it, folks. The Master is now a minister and hence above your petty criticisms...he's doing the Lord's work now through the medium of the martial arts. Thus, to question Master Ray is to question God Himself. His technique is as gentle as our loving Heavenly Father's. Of course God could destroy you easily...but His compassion prevents Him from doing so...just as Master Ray.
    Sorry but questioning S.C. Ray is what people should do. It says in the New Testament that you are to question those who speak in my name. Gee, Jim Jones needed to be questioned in Africa before folks drank the kool-aid but wasn't right?

    Plus people who announce themselves as Master is full of crap and need a dose of humble. Afterall didn't Christ show the epitome of humility? The answer is yes.

    Plus I know a lot of people with the title Master in the martial arts community. From my experience people that are "True" masters don't want to be referred to by that title.
  2. matt.m is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis MO
    Posts
    73

    Posted On:
    2/02/2009 8:03pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dewey
    I've lurked this thread for quite some time, occasionally over the past year, primarily because of its local importance to me.

    Apparently, the collective efforts of those here on bullshido.net have made a difference and the good Master has caved in. He now no longer teaches martial arts, but rather leads a "Christian martial arts ministry." Cut-n-pasted the Prologue to the Gospel according to Steven Ray from his updated website:

    ST. LOUIS MARTIAL ARTS CENTER IS A MINISTRY, NOT A GYM. WE ARE VERY UNIQUE IN WHAT WE DO AND DO NOT IDENTIFY OURSELF WITH THE AVERAGE MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL. WE ARE A CHRISTIAN MARTIAL ARTS MINISTRY. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR EVEN HAVE HEARD OF A CHRISTIAN MARTIAL ARTS MINISTRY. OUR MINISTRY CAN NOT BE COMPARED TO THE AVERAGE MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL BECAUSE WE ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT IN HOW WE OPERATE AND WHAT WE TEACH. OUR PHILOSOPHY AND TEACHINGS COME FROM A BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVE. THE EASIEST WAY TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE IS TO THINK OF A BUDDHIST TEMPLE BUT INSTEAD OF TEACHING BUDDHISM WE TEACH CHRISTIANITY. WE ARE A CHURCH THAT BELIEVES IN GROWING SPIRITUALLY, MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY TO BECOME A WELL BALANCED WARRIOR FOR CHRIST.

    I just visited the site after about a year in between. For your convenience: http://stlouismartialartscenter.com/ It's worth a look-see again. Be sure to use www.archive.org and compare the changes.

    Well, there you have it, folks. The Master is now a minister and hence above your petty criticisms...he's doing the Lord's work now through the medium of the martial arts. Thus, to question Master Ray is to question God Himself. His technique is as gentle as our loving Heavenly Father's. Of course God could destroy you easily...but His compassion prevents Him from doing so...just as Master Ray.
    Sorry but questioning S.C. Ray is what people should do. It says in the New Testament that you are to question those who speak in my name. Gee, Jim Jones needed to be questioned in Africa before folks drank the kool-aid but wasn't right?

    Plus people who announce themselves as Master is full of crap and need a dose of humble. Afterall didn't Christ show the epitome of humility? The answer is yes.

    Plus I know a lot of people with the title Master in the martial arts community. From my experience people that are "True" masters don't want to be referred to by that title.
  3. ZenOfAnger is offline
    ZenOfAnger's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. louis, MO
    Posts
    1,304

    Posted On:
    2/02/2009 8:24pm


     Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woah! It seems as though you have quadruple-posted, Mr. Morton.


    Well, at least you got your point across.
  4. matt.m is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis MO
    Posts
    73

    Posted On:
    2/02/2009 10:31pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know how I did it. Oh well, I suck :wav:

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOfAnger
    Woah! It seems as though you have quadruple-posted, Mr. Morton.


    Well, at least you got your point across.
  5. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,331

    Posted On:
    2/02/2009 10:59pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    matt.m, i agree totally. my life goal for TKD is to get my 4th dan. that will mean that my cert says "master" on it.

    but ****, call me coach, instructor, or mr. shmuley.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
  6. matt.m is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis MO
    Posts
    73

    Posted On:
    2/02/2009 11:27pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo
    matt.m, i agree totally. my life goal for TKD is to get my 4th dan. that will mean that my cert says "master" on it.

    but ****, call me coach, instructor, or mr. shmuley.
    You and I could hang out Mr. Shmuley. If you don't mind could you send me and email? I dig working out with others in the area. I don't care the art. I have gotten through some Tae Kwon Do, however my claim to fame if you will is Judo and Hapkido. I don't feel as I do either art any true justice but I try.
  7. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,331

    Posted On:
    2/02/2009 11:59pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.m
    You and I could hang out Mr. Shmuley. If you don't mind could you send me and email? I dig working out with others in the area. I don't care the art. I have gotten through some Tae Kwon Do, however my claim to fame if you will is Judo and Hapkido. I don't feel as I do either art any true justice but I try.
    bah, you're to much of a noob here to get PMs yet.
    but you can email me at talmage4@gmail.com. not worried about that email getting spammed after posting it publicly because it's about to get changed anyway.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
  8. dewey is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    2/03/2009 12:41am


     Style: koryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.m
    Sorry but questioning S.C. Ray is what people should do. It says in the New Testament that you are to question those who speak in my name. Gee, Jim Jones needed to be questioned in Africa before folks drank the kool-aid but wasn't right?

    Plus people who announce themselves as Master is full of crap and need a dose of humble. Afterall didn't Christ show the epitome of humility? The answer is yes.

    Plus I know a lot of people with the title Master in the martial arts community. From my experience people that are "True" masters don't want to be referred to by that title.
    Surely you know I was being sarcastic...I hope!

    Honestly, I'm suprised that Master Ray's latest tactic isn't listed in the Bullshidoka Arguments sticky. Really. For those of us in the Midwest, so-called "Christian martial arts" schools are aplenty. It's a very convenient way of skirting that whole legitimacy thang. Of course we don't teach the uber-deadly techniques in our art/style/system...that would go against the Gospel!:icon_wink
  9. matt.m is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis MO
    Posts
    73

    Posted On:
    2/03/2009 8:58am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dewey,

    I understand the sarcasim. It was funny, however too many people get roped into the bullshit that goes along with dumbass scams. I detest those who prey on the superstitious and weak minded. I am a firm believer in God obviously, however people like the Stephen Ray are full of crap.
  10. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,331

    Posted On:
    2/03/2009 10:19pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dewey
    Nope. Good Irish Catholic here. Give me the drunken Mary Flanagans anytime! However, them Jewish chicks are hawt! Them long flowing locks of dark hair and supple olive skin and sexy brown eyes...I'll fight you for them!!! Now I know what King David was all about!!!!!
    you can have the fat ones with jew fros big noses whiney voices annoying mothers and hips the size of new hampshire.

    all the others are MINE.

    and yeah all that other **** you said about religious martial arts, QFT.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.