Posted On:
    7/13/2007 9:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkentiger
    NoFear900 is amazing!!!!!
    Amazing like his ground skills and stand up are well above average or amazing like flying 540 spinning hook kick amazing ?

Or amazing like he is an awesome guy ?
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 7/13/2007 10:16pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/13/2007 10:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Tao
    I'm sorry but if there is a guy who can do a flying 540 spinning hook kick, he doesn't need to go to a TD.
    Yes he needs to go preform in wuxia flicks like "HERO." We don't want him getting hurt.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK. . . . so, No Fear--

1. What is your favorite submission, since that seems to be the focus of Jui Ki Do? I mean here stuff you learned from Ray.

2. What was your least favorite submission?

3. A Jui Ki Do player has been taken down and mounted. What is his first response? What does he want to do to escape this position?

4. When you say you practiced with the others, what was practice like? Were you allowed "roll free," with no one predetermined as the person applying the technique and the person having it applied to him?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 5:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :evil4:
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Yes he needs to go preform in wuxia flicks like "HERO." We don't want him getting hurt.
    Just because someone can perform a 540 jumping spin heel kick, doesnt mean they would be dumb enough to use in a match. it is a strictly showmanship tyoe maneuvur. Not something that shows how tough u are.

NoFear900

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 5:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    OK. . . . so, No Fear--

1. What is your favorite submission, since that seems to be the focus of Jui Ki Do? I mean here stuff you learned from Ray.

2. What was your least favorite submission?

3. A Jui Ki Do player has been taken down and mounted. What is his first response? What does he want to do to escape this position?

4. When you say you practiced with the others, what was practice like? Were you allowed "roll free," with no one predetermined as the person applying the technique and the person having it applied to him?
    My personal favorite, are any type of arm locks or chokes. I canot really say i have a least favorite considering, it is all pretty exciting to me.
    Practice consisted of what were called mock movements, which we did in the air. Then we use it on our partners, then by about the last 10 to 15 min. of class we would run some matches against eachother.So there was no predetermination of what technique would be applied.

NoFear900

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 8:49pm

Style: BJJ, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what about the other stuff? how would you escape from the mount? (someone sitting on your chest, kneeling on the ground with knees in your armpits)

also the no predetermination part i believe what don gwinn meant was whether or not you ever got to attempt a technique of your choice against someone attempting to avoid your technique AND attempting to apply their technique on YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    no one predetermined as the person applying the technique
    basically ur both trying to submit the other or wrestle for a dominant position. commonly termed 'rolling'

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    7/15/2007 11:36am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lemme try this a different way.

1. Were I to be taken down and find myself on my back, my first priority would be to take top or guard position, whichever I was closest to achieving. Once there, I'd be trying to threaten with submissions (and/or strikes in the real world) until I could take the top. If my opponent took guard position, I'd be working to pass guard. My bread and butter is to get to side mount and from there work a shoulder lock--key lock, Kimura, Americana, whatever people call it.
    I don't really work for mount, nor do I work for armbars, because my size makes those clumsy options for me.
    Can you give us a basic description of your game like that?

What I'm trying to find out is what Jui Ki Do seeks to do and how its players do business. In other words, what principles does Jui Ki Do teach. Knowledgeable people reading my statement could probably tell that all my training is BJJ by the emphasis on improving position. They could also tell by my emphasis that I'm relatively untrained in grappling and sticking with the bare-bones basics, without much ability to set things up and not much deception in my game.

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 12:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey...i am a former student of Stephen Ray and I've read this entire article and fell like there are some things you should know...First, you can be 6th Dan in Taekwondo (that is how you name degrees in TKD)...and S.C. Ray is whatever Dan he feels like...he just prints out a new certificate when he feels like being one degree higher...he was 3rd Dan in TKD when he left my school, and not even four years later he has mysteriously advanced three degree's (that usually takes a minimum of 15-20 additional years)...second of all, he was an instructor at world martial arts academy, and then the school got a restraining order against him because he not only didn't teach taekwondo in class, he stole a bunch of money and gear fomr the school. He is not a complete fraud, he does have good taekwondo technique, for a 2nd maybe 3rd degree...and i can't speak on behalf of the other martial arts he claims to have mastered...but i do agree with you on one thing....he is a big fat bag of douch

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 6:16am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was there a police report filed?