Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    shotokan karate, iaido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

this strikes me as bullshido...at least I smell bull

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/2...170900756.html

Basically it looks like an online martial arts/ work out regimen but what he's "selling" I don't think people should be buying... what do ya'll think?

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Definitely some BS.
    He's been called out on the Underground for shady business practices, like not canceling subscriptions and spamming email boxes. The dude is a legit blackbelt and competitor, but he's a snake oil salesman. I really doubt he's making 200k a month. I'd be surprised if he was making 2k. **** that dude.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think online martial arts regimens are a poor form of training and I wouldn't buy them, but I respect this guy's hustle and entrepreneurship. Get that money, C.R.E.A.M. This part stood out to me though:
    At the same time, he was using his earnings from the studio to pursue what might seem like a very different path: a one-year Masters of Applied Positive Psychology (MAPP) program at the University of Pennsylvania, studying under Martin Seligman, a well-known author and positive-psychology expert.

For his degree, Faggella was required to be in Philadelphia, a five- to seven-hour drive away depending on traffic, about once a month for four to five days at a time.
    A one-year Master's degree, where you study 4-5 days a month? That sounds a bit shady. I thought "Maybe they're not using Master's Degree in a normal academic sense", but then he says "All my nerdy Ivy League stuff was all about skill development, the psychology and cognitive science of how we develop skill, particularly applied to martial arts,". I think its a little shitty to go on about your nerdy Ivy League stuff when you took a part time course for a year. Whatever though, I'm sure he learned plenty about self promotion.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems legit... more of a professional development kind of thing, though.

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/lps/graduate/mapp
    http://www.sas.upenn.edu/lps/graduate/mapp/admissions
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kinda pricey...

2015-2016 Rates for Master of Applied Positive Psychology Program Students
    Term Tuition Program Fee General Fee Total
    Fall $23,920 $1,775 $1,343 $27,038
    Spring $23,920 N/A $1,343 $25,263
    Summer $5,980 N/A $348 $6,328

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

Style
    講手
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have a problem with this at all.

Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    * checks forum*
    ... ummm .... You wouldn't say that **** to my face in Trollshido or YMAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    By "this" you mean ?

Style
    講手
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have a problem with the way that this man operates his business. While it does it doesn't sound PERFECT, it's not predatory and is unlikely to get people killed.

Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I think online martial arts regimens are a poor form of training and I wouldn't buy them, but I respect this guy's hustle and entrepreneurship. Get that money, C.R.E.A.M. This part stood out to me though:

A one-year Master's degree, where you study 4-5 days a month? That sounds a bit shady. I thought "Maybe they're not using Master's Degree in a normal academic sense", but then he says "All my nerdy Ivy League stuff was all about skill development, the psychology and cognitive science of how we develop skill, particularly applied to martial arts,". I think its a little shitty to go on about your nerdy Ivy League stuff when you took a part time course for a year. Whatever though, I'm sure he learned plenty about self promotion.
    It's a professional development course, really, not an academic masters degree. I suspect it's an income generator for the legit university that runs the program. Calling it a 'Masters degree" in the traditional sense is a stretch, of course. He's milking the whole Ivy League angle for all it's worth, which fits in perfectly with how he is operating.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last