Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 11:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mizu Ju Justu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Billy J. Burke: Serious Questions on his credentials?

I was sent to this site by friends on a military bbs to help stop or clear up *BS artist*. The person in question is one Billy J. Burke. He makes allegations of multiple championships, black belts in various styles, and military background in both the 7th group special forces and Delta. I was military and any soldier that did do what he is claiming wouldn't tell you about it. They call them "the Quiet Professionals". He says he entered the military in 79 and even trained with Michael Echanis. Echanis died in 78. Here is a link to the school where he teaches, while you are there check some of the other "highly trained" man killers.

http://www.houseofchampions.com/index2.html

*Word changed for legal purposes*
    Last edited by Omega; 11/27/2006 11:32am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 11:34am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Stunt-Thug, you're new here so let's get a few things straight. If you have actual proof feel free to lay it out similiar to:

"He says he entered the military in 79 and even trained with Michael Echanis. Echanis died in 78."

Fraud is a legal word that accuses a person of committing a crime. So if you would like to go more into this feel free to give us a nice enlightened picture on your background for credibility purpose, why you feel this guy should be outed, and what tangible proof you have.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 11:40am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Stunt Thug,

Have you trained with this guy? Or have you contacted him directly to ask him? Perhaps he has certificates he can show you.

They seem to make the usual mixed style claims:
    Self-Defense with mixed martial arts. For the complete Warrior! Arjukenpo combines a wide range of Karate's best styles: Jiu Jitsu, Boxing, Kickboxing and Filipino Fighting Arts. We are proud to be the only school in the United States to teach this amazingly effective Art. This is great for one's fitness and self-defense training. A must for the streets!
    Recently, Mark [Parra] has received the Prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award for his dedication and contribution to the Martial Arts, presented by Master Cecil Peoplesí.
    Well considering that, in my opinion, Cecil Peoples is the worst judge in UFC history, you may have a winner here.

Here is the military claim:

In 1979 Billy Burke entered the army and became a special forces soldier, a Green Beret. He trained with the legendary Michael Echanis in knife fighting and hand to hand combat. Billy eventually became the hand to hand combat instructor for many special forces teams including Being personally selected to work with Delta force by Col. Charlie Beckweth (sic). Billy has took part in Special forces missions that can be mentioned, in El salvador, Panama, Grenada, Maylasia and the Persian Gulf .
    Considering he spelled Delta Force founder, Charlie Beckwith's name wrong. ... Beckwith's Wikipedia entry:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Beckwith

I know for people claiming to be SEALS it is fairly straightforward to check if they were really there, is there a similar thing for the Green Berets?

Many people have taught seminars to Delta, so that wouldnt be particularily surprising.
    Last edited by Askari; 11/27/2006 11:57am at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 12:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunt-Thug
    I was sent to this site by friends on a military bbs to help stop or clear up *BS artist*. The person in question is one Billy J. Burke. He makes allegations of multiple championships, black belts in various styles, and military background in both the 7th group special forces and Delta.
    Look around call the school.

I was military and any soldier that did do what he is claiming wouldn't tell you about it.
    Well, you have a lot to fix. There are books out about exploits of many Green Berets, Delta Force, Black Ops and such that are non-fiction.

Also, as ex-military you probably know how to check records legally. You should have better contacts than many of us civilians.

There are certain things that are redacted or allowed to come out later. Sorry this isn't a true argument.

They call them "the Quiet Professionals". He says he entered the military in 79 and even trained with Michael Echanis. Echanis died in 78. Here is a link to the school where he teaches, while you are there check some of the other "highly trained" man killers.

http://www.houseofchampions.com/index2.html

*Word changed for legal purposes*
    According to the website he studied Hwa Rang Do. According to many websites (30 seconds of searching) Mr. Echanis studied Hwa Rang Do.

Play on words yes. A lie?

Well, he doesn't come out and say he was taught by, or a student of, Echanis. He says he "trained with" Echanis. This is a word used by many to imply a great deal more than what really happened. It could be they were coming up in ranks together or, he attended a seminar.

There are things that are questionable but, as Omega said you need to lay out facts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 1:22pm

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OTher than being a huge commercial success, I don't see too much BS going on here. *sarcasm*

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 1:40pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know there are *some* differences in how American and British Special Forces are portrayed in civilian terms; I see that the American military machine often promotes its SF to the general masses (which is very rarely done in the UK by the MOD) however; As someone who spent a number of years in the British forces and encountered troops from three nations who were actively involved in their own SF units, one universal trait was (is) quite evident.. They didn't discuss their operational deployments - even to the level of simply mentioning [where they operated] never mind anything else.

I'm happy to go out on a limb and suggest that anyone who claims to have served in their nation's special forces and, actively uses that information as part of a marketing ploy for a martial arts school is.. generally, full of bullshit. Its a major red-flag for me. I did a total of 13years split between regular army infantry and regular RAF Regiment, and I haven't a great deal to say about my exploits, SF troops have, in my experience, even less to say.

[edit] Just as a side note (a question really) Can a civilian join the American Army straight off the street and enlist directly into a special forces unit ?

Here in the UK before any member of the forces can even think of serving in either the SAS or SBS, they have to have served in a regular unit (normally infantry and support units) for a minimum of 3 years and be considered a "trained" soldier. Here you cannot walk into a recuitment post and enlist directly into the SF.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 11/27/2006 1:46pm at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 1:48pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to a quick web search, Michael Echanis died in November 1978.

If Burke is claiming that he was trained by him while he was in the Forces (from 1979 according to you) then he's lying.....unless dead men teach classes in the US Forces.

Is it not possible that he learnt from him while he himself was a civilian?
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 1:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having been to the website linked in the first post, I see so many similarities with a pillock and proven liar investigated here in the UK... Jack Poole.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 2:02pm

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Humm, yes and no to your last ? I can enlist, sign on in a scrub specialty like infantry or seamanship, and be promised a shot a spec ops and others. I just have to be a citizen, have no felonies, have color vision and decent vision at that, a minimum score on the basic aptitude test, and have a verifiable history (work, school, etc.)

Then you go to basic or boot camp, get pulled out once in a while for extra physical training, then go to your basic tech schools, then go to the introductory phase of SF (like BUDS). If you drop or get a med disqual (like a stress fracture) you get sent back to the regulars where life sucks and you are diggin fox holes or chipping paint for your last 3 years.

I'm basing this on my time in the Navy where I knew a few guys who got dropped, and one guy who was a seal and was fucking my roommate (A girl)

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 2:02pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone remember back to highschool? The kid who talked about getting laid the most was actually the class virgin?

Phil Elmore, anyone?

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins
Page 1 of 23 1 234511 ... LastLast