supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Claims:

* Immediate 10.5% increase in strength!
    * Immediate increases in muscle power!
    * Increase fatigue resistance by 28%!
    * More explosive reps and performance now!

Because GAKIC is completely revolutionary, odds are you may be hearing it’s name for the first time. GAKIC is chemically known as glycine-l-arginine-alpha ketoisocaproic acid. The amazing effects seen with GAKIC can't be caused by taking glycine, arginine, or KIC on their own.

After years of scientific scrutiny, researchers believe that one of the key mechanisms responsible for the performance-enhancing effects of GAKIC is the removal of fatigue toxins such as ammonia. These toxins build up when you do a set, and when they reach a critical level, your body “hits the wall”. With decreased fatigue toxin levels, you can perform more work, and push yourself harder than you normally would. This translates into better muscular gains as your training intensity and strength improve over time.

During intense exercise, various energy-producing metabolic pathways can lead to increases in the fatigue toxin ammonia. A buildup of ammonia in muscle cells interferes with normal muscle metabolism and limits muscular power output.

That’s where GAKIC comes in. GAKIC helps you immediately increase muscular power and strength and decrease fatigue. This can allow you to train harder than ever before. GAKIC works in part because of its ability to remove ammonia. The figure below shows how the components of GAKIC ® can be used by a special enzyme in the body called l-leucine dehydrogenase to eliminate ammonia through the formation of the important branched-chain amino acid l-leucine. With decreased fatigue toxin levels, you can perform more work – resulting in better workouts, and bigger, stronger muscles.
    http://www.gakic.com/gakic_science_r..._studies.shtml

On the site is an animation about the effects of NH3, etc.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 9:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some evidence for this:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=11128858
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=15064584

but these were the only two studies I found in PubMed

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:18am

Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My buddy pissed away $90 on it. He says it didn't do ****, and he's one of those born suckers that you would expect to at least get a placebo effect from it.

The little wigger working at GNC says he's been using it for 4 months, with "explosive" gains. He weighs about 120.

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe he weighted 60 before?

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:23am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WunHungLo
    The little wigger working at GNC says he's been using it for 4 months, with "explosive" gains. He weighs about 120.

That **** always make me laugh. When I actually worked at GNC in a former life, I was always the skeptical one and the regular customers were the ones that would try to sell me on a product.

There was a rather large and slightly obese jewelry salesmen from a few stores down that would always hype the newest product and tell me about all of his gains.

Yeah, he pretty much looked the same all the time regardless of what product he used. But it made him feel good to be "on the cutting edge" and get "tremendous pumps".

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:28am

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Snake Oil

People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:28am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    95% of all GNC guys are morons when it comes to training physiology or what actual chemicals do what.

I'm thinking it's snake oil as well, but I need to look into it some more. People said the same about NO2 etc, and that from personal experience was amazing when I first took it. I don't know if I can justify spending 50$+ on that when things like Superdrol, etc are cheaper and actually do something.

Just goes to show you that we've got a girl who's got a MA in Health Promotion, pseudo exercise science degree and she worked at GNC. We had a long argument about 4 months ago about training ideologies and she still believes GNC is t3h aw3some and muscular failure is the only way to get stronger...
    Last edited by Equipoise; 5/11/2006 10:34am at .

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:34am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find I worry less about wasting money on supplements from GNC if I grab the products and run out of the store without paying.

No worry about being misled.

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 2:15pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now I'm sorry to bump this old thread, but I am quite certain starting a new one on the same subject would result in some angry person posting this very link with the added commentary of "SEARCH FUNCTION, NOOB!" or something to that affect. (or is it effect?)

Anyway, I've been curious about Gakick, it's claims, and wether it's worth atleast trying out once (because it's on sale where I live right now.)
    So, does anyone have anything to say about Gakic? Does it work? Is it bull? Is there a chance that it's bull, and addictive? Is it's mother fat?
    Tell me please.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast