Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 2:51am

Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

let every breath

Hello people of bullshido!

To enhance your reading pleasure and to boost my number of varrots (the varrots show how much you like me, right?), I decided to review a book for you.

The book is called “Let every Breath – Secrets of the Russian Breath Masters” and it’s by Vladimir Vasiliev with Scott Meredith, Ph.D. based on the teachings of Mikhail Ryabko. On the very thirst page there is an icon and a citation from the bible to which the books title refers: “Let every breath, praise the Lord. Psalms CXXXV., CXXXVI.”

The writer of this book is Scott Meredith, a certified Systema instructor who is “intimately familiar with the languages and cultures of Japan and China”, “is a lifelong student of martial arts”, holds a Ph.D. from the MIT and worked for IBM, Apple and Microsoft. There’s also a picture of him. Maybe you have seen photos of cult members after a mass suicide? Well … never mind.

The next 25 pages, he explains how freakin’ awesome Vasiliev, Ryabko and Systema are, because otherwise you just wouldn’t believe it. We learn that “[…] Systema breathing, was secreted away in remote monasteries, guarded over long centuries by the ascetic monks of the ancient Orthodox faith, and honed in epic battles by holy warriors defending Russia’s vast and forbidding lands.”
    And we learn about the authors questions, “[…]answered by open, clear teachings on the floor in front of me – not as legend, hearsay or comic-book delusions.”

The first feat we learn of is Endurance: “Sergei, short and stocky, accepts full-force punches to his solar plexus from a highly-trained English boxer and heavyweight free-fighting champion. Sergei is enduring force sufficient to kill any ordinary man. He stands calmly and smiles placidly; seeming to sigh almost comfortably as each shocking impact reverberates through the gym. I have the impression that he could break the puncher’s wrist with his belly, on the rebound, if he were so inclined. However, his mild and placid expression never hints of the aggression we might expect in so formidable a combat master.”

The next is Control which allows to throw oneself around without a sound and without getting hurt by “hard-block walls” and “though planked floors”. Then comes Power which doesn’t allow to lift cars (I’m somehow disappointed) but to deal out punches and strikes that make the internal organs vibrating and that can be neutralized by another strike. The superpower however is Absolute Mastery, wielded by the Godfather of Systema himself, Mikhail Ryabko. This skill allows to foresee attacks and to dodge them - like a Jedi knight.

And of course there are mystical, “deeply spiritual healing powers” that help in the case of “every imaginable disease”. (Skeptics beware! There are a tons of testimonials to prove that.) This art is also examined and practiced by Dr. Yuri Vedov who “prescribes breathing regimens together with prayer to clean disease from both the body and soul.” “He has successfully treated endometriosis, uterine dystrophy, ovarian swelling and cysts, as well as many forms of cancer.” We learn that the patient’s consciousness is the source of the disease and the body merely an “observable site”.
    And because Mikhail can’t transfer his spiritual energy to all that who are in need, Dr. Vedov teaches patients “to perform self-healing, by relying, with God’s help, on their own personal diligence”. Vedov also tried out India’s miracle healers, but they don’t compare to the “profundity of the Russian Systema rooted in Orthodox Christianity”.

That said, let’s listen to Scott’s account about he first met Vladimir. He decided to give Systema a try and traveled to Toronto without notifying anybody. He arrives early at the RMA school, parks his car and sits down next to a tree: “I even thought ‘If this man is a true master, then although I’m invisible from the driveway, and though many other cars have now cruised past me obliviously and nobody has seen me… if he’s a true master, he’ll see me. He’ll know there’s somebody here.’ […] As the nose of a Land-Rover passed my view, I saw the driver. It was Vladimir – I recognized him from the training videos. Just as he drove past, he simply turned his head and looked directly at me. He ‘saw’ me. […] It was pure awareness in action. I had never experienced that in its full before – not in all my prior training. My first meeting with the teacher had no more substance than that single moment, but it rocked my world. […] His mild and friendly look said only ‘Yes. I see you. I know you are sitting there’. But it was shocking on an energetic level; I felt a whole body resonance. […] His quiet and natural look caught me and held me completely.”

After that he briefly touches his first training lessen and calls on the movie “The Ten Commandments” to make an analogy about Vlad and Systema.

“Now that I’ve introduced Vladimir you may want to lean back, take a deep breath, and exclaim to yourself ‘Nothing could top that!’ But there’s more!”

If you want to experience the many more benefits Systema can provide you, you have to see for yourself, because I haven’t read any further.

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 3:03am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, don't everyone agree with me at once, I'm just putting it out there:

Systema sucks.

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 3:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ripping on ghey styles like systema will get you rep.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 4:18am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Ripping on ghey styles like systema will get you rep.
    So says the living embodiment of such a statement :happy4:
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 4:19am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SO THE CURE FOR CANCER WAS HIDDEN SWITHIN SYSTEMA ALL ALONG!!!!1111

DO NOT WANT CANCERS

SYSTEMA FTW OVER 9000 CANCERS KILLED!!

AND PUT SOME GOD IN THERE TOO MAKES FOR A HAPPIER EXPERIENCE.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 5:10am

Style: Wrestling, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yngwie malmsteen knows the cure to cancer but he refuses to tell anyone

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 6:02am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You mean Yngwie didn't tell you? He told everyone else here.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 6:06am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSphinx
    You mean Yngwie didn't tell you? He told everyone else here.

Thats why I dont have Cancer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 8:49am

Style: Karate / Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Systema may cure your cancer but you'll develop high blood pressure, high cholestoral, and fat deposits around the face, neck, gut, and ass.

Oh, and a sudden compulsion to drive to the nearest Krispy Kreme everytime they flip on that "Hot & Fresh" sign

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 9:26am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bearich
    Systema may cure your cancer but you'll develop high blood pressure, high cholestoral, and fat deposits around the face, neck, gut, and ass.

Oh, and a sudden compulsion to drive to the nearest Krispy Kreme everytime they flip on that "Hot & Fresh" sign
    Name:  ph_george.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  9.1 KB

......But at least I don't have Cancer any more.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast