Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 12:58am

Style: Phucking Phrost

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

need good gun control sources

like it says I need some good sources on gun control, preferably from organizations who wouldn't have good reason to be biased (i.e. not the NRA), academic works would be great

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 12:38pm

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    although you consider the nra to have too much bias i would encourage looking at thier response to gun control issues as they provise statisics which can be verified.

if you are still wary paladin press sell a book that is a us senate report . the book is called the right to keep and bear arms.

the fbi collects information on assults from different law enforcement groups and makes that into a report for the justice dept. the crime index stat report is available to general public and can be obtained in 2006 world almanac found in most stores.

the report mentioned abouve clearly reflects that fully-auto weapons are rarely used in crimes (less than 1 percent) and even hi-cap pistols being used in crimes is not that common.

not something the liberals will tell you. yet the info comes directly from the us govt.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 12:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gerry Kleck is a really good source. He's a died in the wool Liberal professor of criminology at FSU who first started looking at gun control with the goal of validating it. He ended up completely swithing his position during the course of his study. I think "Point Blank" is the title of his first work.

Here are some Online sources:

http://www.justfacts.com/gun_control.htm

http://www.gunfacts.info/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 1:41pm

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    forgot about gerry kleck. that is a great source of unbiased info on the subject. my wife purchased a book written by paxton quigley called armed and female. the writer was also a hard-core liberal even a former politician that seriously reconsidered her views and presents a valid argument why gun control does not work along with stats that can also be verified.

the biggest problem with the gun control debate is that neither side has always been completley truthfull about the issue and often state 'facts' that cannot be verified. such misinformation and biased opinion usually has some kind of agenda often political in nature.