Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 3:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since I purchased one of these products, I guess I could offer a review. I found an add that was titled "Fear No Man" that was filled with some of the silliest claims I had ever read. This add was some google add that was actually on this site. I got a pretty good laugh from the add and purchased the product for $134.00 (including shipping) I was completely aware that this was bogus when I purchased it but I have collected a pretty good bunch of really good books and DVDs and really didn't need anything to help me get past my fear of everyone. As it turned out, this stuff was absolutely the funniest bunch of crap I have ever seen. I show it to people who visit me all of the time. I present it as being the real deal . The next thing that happens is we all have a good laugh. The level of incompetence is only exceeded by the stupidity of the technique. If I wanted to be the best bullshit artist in the world, I would aspire to somehow surpass this load of crap. For the comedy, I think it is a must have for everyones library. It will not add anything to your martial skills but it will sure make you laugh. The real downside is that you get on his mailing list and all efforts to be removed are ignored. (Thank You Filters) I know that most people would rather spend their hard earned money on stuff that will help. So please use this review for whatever purpose serves you. If you have extra money to burn, I recommend this as a testament to how bad it can get.

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 4:30pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What specifically made it suck so much?

Antiquated

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 4:32pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tom.f
    Since I purchased one of these products, I guess I could offer a review. I found an add that was titled "Fear No Man" that was filled with some of the silliest claims I had ever read. This add was some google add that was actually on this site. I got a pretty good laugh from the add and purchased the product for $134.00 (including shipping) I was completely aware that this was bogus when I purchased it but I have collected a pretty good bunch of really good books and DVDs and really didn't need anything to help me get past my fear of everyone. As it turned out, this stuff was absolutely the funniest bunch of crap I have ever seen. I show it to people who visit me all of the time. I present it as being the real deal . The next thing that happens is we all have a good laugh. The level of incompetence is only exceeded by the stupidity of the technique. If I wanted to be the best bullshit artist in the world, I would aspire to somehow surpass this load of crap. For the comedy, I think it is a must have for everyones library. It will not add anything to your martial skills but it will sure make you laugh. The real downside is that you get on his mailing list and all efforts to be removed are ignored. (Thank You Filters) I know that most people would rather spend their hard earned money on stuff that will help. So please use this review for whatever purpose serves you. If you have extra money to burn, I recommend this as a testament to how bad it can get.
    That was extremely vague.

It wasn't so much as a review than it was a rant.

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 7:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The product I purchased was Accelerated Battlefied Combatatives. The add said that with this product you could master any martial arts system in just three weeks. The portion of the course that addressed this feature provided a system of note taking that was to accomplish this feat. In my particular case, this feature failed.
    The complete course addressed note taking, advanced strategies for self defense, and some self defense techniques. The course was four DVD's that had Lt.X teaching. The course instructer wore a black ski mask, black T shirt and camo pants which as far as I'm concerned proves his claim to have trained the "special forces". He displayed his teaching ability by having a completely untrained person assist him in demonstrating his advanced techniques. I would have to agree with the assistant being completely untrained and I would say that after his training he still doesn't know much.
    One of the techniques was a response to a bear hug from behind. The defender was to clasp his hands together and flail them wildly from side to side while running away from the attacker. Now picture this with two chubby guys in camo pants, black T's, and ski masks.
    If anyone takes the time to read the FEAR NO MAN add, the claims are to train you to master any martial arts system in three weeks, and turn you into a deadly fighter using the secret techniques used to train our special forces. I actually watched these with a friend who was in the special forces. He had not heard of this person and did not promote the idea that any of these things being taught were ever used by the special forces or the people who train them.
    If this review is not sufficient I would be happy to send this material to Sam on the condition that it is returned to me. I'm sure someone else may have better skills at reviewing products tham myself. That being said, I'm not upset at all about owning this material. I'm not angry that I spent the money. Someone who expected to get the advertised value would be completely disapointed in my opinion. As far as the mailing list trap associated with this product, purchase of this product put you into some program called the Legionares program. I was able to cancel this before my credit card was charged the monthly fees required to stay in the program. I was sent an email in respone to my message about opting out of any future charges on my card with a warning about it being my ass was in danger by not belonging to this program. This was not meant as a threat, it was meant as a warning against all of the social predators hiding behind the bushes looking for all non-legionares. To date, I have managed to survive.
    As far as this being to vague or appearing as a rant, sorry dude, **** happens.
    Last edited by Tom .C; 4/24/2007 7:33pm at .

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 7:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Legionares"? That's almost as bad a "Comrades"...

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 8:09pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure, I will promise to return said tape. You may mail it to the following business address. Samuel P. Browning Esq, 671 Scotland Rd, Norwich Ct 06360. Please include your real name and return mailing address. A phone number would also be nice.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 9:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Modern Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

More from the IACCP/ Lt. X

I got a letter, audio cd, and a small round mirror last week after I didn't call and make an appointment to speak with them on the phone.

The letter makes the usual claims, I haven't listened to the cd yet, and the mirror is "for you to look into and ask yourself 'why haven't I sent my reservation form in yet?' ".

He is associated with Carl Cestari, who is a student of the late Charles Nelson, a WW2 combatives instructor and decorated Marine Corp vet who saw action at Guadalcanal. Nelson and his students, such as Larry Jordan, Bradley J. Steiner, and Geoff "Tank" Todd, are the real-deal (even if some of them have egos the size of Alaska and mouths to match) and all are decorated vets; Steiner is a former defensive tactics instructor for the Washington State Patrol.

Most brands of Bullshido have a kernel of truth in it; this is what makes it attractive.
    :wbossman:XXjester:

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 9:09pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll send it tomorrow along with the information requested.

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 9:27pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear that "Lt X" isn't getting along with Carl that well these days but that's just fourth hand.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 4/24/2007 9:55pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 9:43pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REG3-Wb5gM

Here are t3h d34dly secrets. By watching this one video, you can become a Martial Arts Master!

But seriously, I damn near ordered the thing just out of curiosity... I'd really love to see what this guy is teaching. There must be some way to get around copyright laws. And look, this guy is so full of it, and there are people out there who actually buy this stuff and think they can defend themselves. What happens when they get in a fight and try this stuff? We would be making the world safer by really busting this guy is some huge, carreer-destroying fasion. I think our goal should be to have this guy pissing in a back-alley by October. And I hope he gets raped by a hobo, and responds to the bear-hug from behind the way he taught everyone else to.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast