Posted On:
    4/13/2007 11:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lieutenant X scam

Hello people,

I recently responded (somewhat stupidly) to an ad for self defence information out of general interest and got some confusing emails in relation to a free offer of introductory materials including some literature and DVD's to which I wasn't sure if I really wanted.

After a bit of persistence I eventually succumbed to the offer and agreed to pay $39.95 USD for the material which duly arrived.

At this point that was all that I agreed to and after reviewing it I decided that I wasn't interested in pursuing the matter any further.

My mailbox was innundated with a lot of emails in relation to like a anewsletter to the point where I blocked them using a spam filter.

I thought that was the the ned of it but no. That was at the end of Jan 2007. The billing was charged to my visa card at that point and that was ok.

Then to my surprise I was billed at the end of March for $90 USD for what I don't know.

I advised the bank that the transaction was disputed and sent an email to Leiutenant X asking why I was being billed for some thing that I had not agreed to nor requested.

I actually got a reply from Renee C and was told it's all in the attached file which was in a format that I couldn't open. DAT or xxxx.dat format. I downloaded some software to try and open it but to no avail.

I then wrote back saying please explain as I cannot access the file.

Answer was it's in the document that was sent to you.

The point is I did not sign up for anything other than the original free tial and agreed to pay the shipping.

This looks like a scam to me and I would appreciate any contacts for authorities in USA that I can refer this problem to. ie any emails to authorities in New Jersey and email for Federal Trade Commission if anybody can prodide that any any other leads.

many thanks

rodor

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 4:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have the contact information you need, but here are a number of threads that talk about Lt X's top secret training:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ecret+training
    They're pretty much all "LULZ LOOTENENT X IS A BS ARTIST!!11!!ONE", but you might find some intresting reading on there which might help you.

Also, this site is a fantastic resource for finding out which training tapes are good (very few) and which are bad (many, many, many).
    There's a useful search facility which I used to find the three threads above.

Good luck with getting a refund.

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 8:31am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi rodor, you may never see your money back, however we would be interested in your review of this material. We would also enjoy passing it around among our various members to similarly review it. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2007 8:05am

Style: Unemployed Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make sure your credit card company puts a stop to the March payment.You usually have 60 days to dispute any transaction.Your credit card company will usually side with you. Thats why I like using a credit card for purchases as opposed to checks or debit cards.
    Last edited by DON'T SH*T ME !; 4/19/2007 8:08am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 8:41pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've definately been ripped off. But as long as you're here, let us help you. Do NOT, under ANY circumstance, order from this guy or any similar ad. He's absolutely full of ****. But if you're looking to find a good martial art to practice (probably Brazillian Jiu-Jutsu), this would be the place to go to. We would be glad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 2:23am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I mean, your first mistake was buying something from a guy who calls himself "Lieutenant X"...

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 4:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have been aware of Lieutenant X for a very long time. In future, before making any purchase a search on this site is a good way to find out if it is any good.

As samuel advised, we would be interested in a review. If you can post as much of his **** as possible it would be both educational and amusing for us.... but would probably result in a copyright issue

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 6:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido/Karate -both badly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would suggest that you contact your credit card company and explain that you have had money taken from you fraudulantly. I don't know what the situation is in Oz but in the UK (and I suspect the rest of Europe) the company would refund you.

Good luck

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2007 1:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Only Because Of A Military Legal Loophole Can I Reveal The Terrifying 'Decide-Dominate-And-Destroy'
    Shocking Martial Arts Secret Banned By Congress That Can Transform ANY MAN (Or Woman) Into A Walking, Breathing Weapon Of Mass Destruction."

And you bought it after reading this??? How could you?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 5:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So... When you buy these. You can't read them anyway?

I'm curious what he's got to say.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast