Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 1:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that you've waited so long, the doctor will have to re-break your nose to set it. Just go get in a fight and have the paramedic re-set it for you. it'd probably be cheaper.

Charlie Don't Surf

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 1:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another vote for going to the doc. Someone broke my nose for me back when I was in junior high and I didn't have it set, now its all fucked up. Its bent over to my left just enough so that if I start breathing hard through my nose, the left nostril completely collapses. One of my co-workers had his broken twice pitching college baseball, didn't have it set properly either time, and now is going to have to go under the knife becausse he can't breath out of his nose for ****.

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 2:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's allergy season. This means i won't be able to breathe out of my right nostril until about september or so.
    Last edited by Neildo; 4/16/2007 10:45pm at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 6:46pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pittfrog
    I broke my nose in a car accident, a long time ago. I had it set by a doctor. One thing for which I was not prepared: setting your nose involves packing your nasal passages with gauze. Gauze packed nose=insane itching/impending sneeze feeling, without being able to scratch or sneeze to relieve the torture. Also, when they take the packing out, you will be seriously amazed and disgusted at the amount of gauze your nasal cavaties will hold.

Still, go to a doctor: you'll get fixed up right.
    Ohhhh hahahahaha, I completely forgot about the gauze. Oh man, the gauze. I wish I had a post-op picture. My nose was red and round, the size of a small apple (kinda like in the old cartoons.) Seriously, remember that scene in "Total Recall" where Ah'nold is pulling the transmitter out of his nose?

Exactfuckly the same **** with the gauze. It was like, what, like 10-12ft of gauze crammed in each nostril. And when they pull it, no local. So you feel as if something is crawling out of the back of you skull, scratching the bone and cartilage on the way out. Yumm, yumm.

Seriously, go to a doctor. And for those of you who had their nose broken years ago, and suffer during allergy season, do yourself a favor and get under the knife. It's fucking worth it, a million times over.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Judo: the anti-trapple

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 7:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho

Seriously, go to a doctor. And for those of you who had their nose broken years ago, and suffer during allergy season, do yourself a favor and get under the knife. It's fucking worth it, a million times over.
    I'm going in two weeks. 15 years of annual sinus infections is enough! Doc says my septum almost completely blocks my left sinus. To add insult to injury, every infection thickens the tissue and narrows the sinuses. I can't wait to breathe through my nose again.

I'm always the guy at practice who sounds out of breath. My endurance is usually ok, but even after warmups I'm panting through my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur AMP
    You just can't go wrong when your getting armbar'd to Flogging Molly while a fire fighter is cursing at you in the background. Good stuff!

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 10:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, stupid, go to a doctor.

Don't listen to scrapper, he does all of his own surgery and eats broken glass for snacks.

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 5:19pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to the doctor. Something else to consider is that I believe deviated septums are a risk factor for strokes, especially seriously deviated ones.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 6:13pm

Style: Oushikoso-Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason
    Go to the doctor. Something else to consider is that I believe deviated septums are a risk factor for strokes, especially seriously deviated ones.
    Really? maybe I should get mine checked out.

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 7:09pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwdillon
    Really? maybe I should get mine checked out.
    Really minor ones aren't a big deal, but if they inhibit breathing, that inhibition can place extra stress on your cardiovascular system--it's one of the reasons some rhinoplasty is covered by health insurance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 7:53pm

Style: Oushikoso-Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing it's done for me is make it so I can't really breath out of one of my nostrils.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast