Our Sponsors:

Page 23 of 123 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 242526273373 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 3:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Duck, he's awesome. He pushes us way harder than we ever have been before and it's really paying off in huge dividends.

Renzo's style of BJJ is a lot different than Royler's....Royler's stresses the importance of the basics and positioning to be effective, while Renzo's is a little more open and encourages more creativeness at an earlier level. Both methods of teaching are great and I'll always be grateful to James for being my instructor and instilling in me the importance of the fundamentals, as now the Renzo stuff comes much easier.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 3:59pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RENZO FTW! I'm repping Renzo Gracie Atlanta.

I've been doing a wholly separate investigation into Mauricio Sakata and trying to use completely different sources. I'm not at all ready to publish yet but I've not found anything about the guy either. The real problem is you can't prove a negative. I think that tactical error in logic will eventually defeat everyone that tries to find Sakata.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 4:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ So you're basically saying he doesn't exist?

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 5:59pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its possible to prove a negative, I did it several times on the Bannon investigation but I agree its very hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 7:35pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My response to Robson's initial reply:

"Robson,
    Thank you for the reply. I only know what Carlson told me and what I read on the internet. There is a big controversy surrounding your black belt. The Rat Pack posted a letter signed by Francisco Mansor that said he personally knew your professor Mauricio Sakata and that Sakata is a Carlson black belt.

I know for a FACT that Carlson never heard of anyone named Mauricio Sakata and that Sakata is NOT a Carlson black belt. I don't know if the letter signed by Mansor is real or not. Let me ask you some things to make sure I understand what you are telling me.

1. Did you receive your black belt in Brazil from a man named Mauricio Sakata?
    2. Are you saying that Sakata is a black belt under Carlson Gracie?

You asked me what I will do with this information. I will post whatever you tell me on the internet. If you want to tell your side of the story then let me know what it is and I will set the record straight. I am not out to get you or anyone else, I just don't want Carlson's name to be exploited. Carlson was like a father to me and I loved him like a son loves his father. He told me he never heard of anyone named Sakata and I believe him.

Don't worry about your English, I can understand you just fine. I speak Spanish also and can understand Portuguese pretty well. You can communicate with me in whatever language you prefer."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Robson's response:

"Chuck

I was promote for my black belt in Brasil!! and yes that letter from Master mansor is real,also the letter from Rigan & Marcos & Carlinhos is also real the other BS is not,my instructor his lineage is under the Carlson Gracie Sr.good men,and the best intruder ever. my academy use to goo dawn to rio to cross train fill times a years,half all the old black belts come from Carlson lineage,my intruder nick name is paulista. is not a reason for any explanation,for no body,and please do not put any more staff on line ,this info is only for you peace mind!! Rigan,Carlos,and Master Mansor told me to never post any think,but you come forward like Honorable guy and a respect that!! any body else,if the have any questions,know how to find me,I help or bring some my guys,to about 10 tournaments a year. so if they have corrones they can ask the questions them,my question for you is ,if my black belt is BS, y I come forward toward the big names in bjj,instead to go way from them??? I help to see you on some tournaments."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 7:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My reply:

"Robson,

I want to believe you so help me understand. You say your instructor is under Carlson and his nickname is Paulista. What is his full name? Where was his academy at? Don't just say Sao Paulo either, please be specific and tell me exactly where his academy was located at. Who are some of his other black belts? What else can you tell me about him that can be verified and help prove he is a real person?

You can clear this whole thing up so easily and make everyone stop bothering you and questioning your rank. It is common for people to want to know your lineage. I was a student of Carlson and now I am under De La Riva. If someone asks me to verify this I do not get mad or offended. I have plenty of proof in the form of certificates and photographs of my promotions. It is not an insult for someone to want to verify your credentials. Only people who have something to hide would not want to be asked for proof.

I will do everything I can to help you. If you are really from Carlson's lineage then we are brothers and if you help me believe you by providing me with some proof then I promise you I will make everybody go away and stop bothering you. You can't ignore these people because you only make yourself look guilty."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robson's last response"

"go to CBJJ all my records is their!!! or call Carlos gracie w/ is very not happy w/all the disrespect w/is gowning w/my name,he got my records and last year he give my Black Belt 3nd degree, because my time as Black Belt,I dint have nothing to prove to blue belts or purple belts ,I know does is that one starting all the problems!!! in Brasil we dint have the deserpect like in USA,all my question from know I respond like the all way on the mat!!! De La Riva know about what you doing? I will ask them."

I replied back but won't hold my breath waiting for a reply.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 7:40pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltJ
    ^ So you're basically saying he doesn't exist?
    You fail reading comprehension. I said I haven't yet found anyone that has heard of him. That absolutely does NOT mean that he doesn't exist.

If you told someone from Brasil to call the United States and find out if I exist I'm betting the initial findings would be pretty sparse. That doesn't make me not exist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 7:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The onus is on Robson to prove that Sakata exists. To say we have to prove he doesn't is plain retarded. If Sakata exists then it would be easy to prove. To prove someone doesn't exist is much more difficult.

I use to bang this really hot Phillipina chick named Analee Anilou in San Diego. Prove she doesn't exist. Oh yeah, her dad was named Francisco Mansor but he's never heard of her.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 10:04pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. Those e-mails are amazing. It will take years to figure out what the hell he's talking about. Here's what I got. Tell me if you agree.

1) Robson now has a new lineage under "Paulista", his fifth I think in two years

2) Robson continues to let others fight his battle (call this one, call that one, blah, blah,blah)

3) Robson and his current cohorts, Mansor included, are trying very hard to invent a history for the guy which will fit the questions being asked.

4) Robson continues to talk about proving himself on the mat yet the only competitions we know of are a 5 mand tournament with blue and white belts and a judo tournament where he got schooled in 7 seconds by a green belt despite being a "brown belt"

Agreed??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 10:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Agreed??"

Seems to sum things up pretty well, given the facts at hand.