Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2009 1:49pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are correct Duck regarding Simrell. If I recall correctly, he and RPFS jumped off the Machado/Santos ship at the same time. Interestingly, the third PA school in the association at that time, Wings Martial Arts near Philadelphia, also dumped Santos shortly thereafter and are now under Helio Seneca. I have no info on why but it would be interesting to find out their take on the Robson debacle.

As for bbinfu, as one of the few on here who has actually spoken with him directly, I can assure you that he is many things but a moron is not one of them.

Posted On:
    12/22/2009 2:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by duckII View Post
    Wings Martial Arts near Philadelphia, also dumped Santos shortly thereafter...
    If you know anyone there, ask if Jim Wing ever received an anonymous letter along with a recording of the "Mansor Conversation" ;-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 10:31am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For what it's worth, the picts of Robosn's new gym on his website are pretty fucking impressive. Guess no one in Blandon, PA has internet service.

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 2:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for bbinfu, as one of the few on here who has actually spoken with him directly, I can assure you that he is many things but a moron is not one of them.
    A lawyer who wonders why we're not "curtailing" Robson's business practices sounds a lot like an idiot to me. He appears to have a poor grasp of the concept of tortious interference,

Let me explain this simple concept: We exist to report relevant facts, not to put people out of business or hurt them commercially. To do otherwise is to invite lawsuits.

Also, one runs the risk of losing credibility if one is obviously unfair or malicious; the Internet is full of guys talking dirt about one another, and most of us have learned to ignore that kind of crap.

I'd rather be credible, legally tenable, and correct.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/09/2010 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :laughing9

Holy shiiit... this thread and investigation still going on three years later? wow...
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2013 5:09pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My source from Rat Pack is adament that the only $$ which ever changed hands between Rat Pack and Santos was a stanard monthly association fee, between Rat Pack and Rigan was a standard seminar fee and between Rat Pack and Mansor was, again, one standard seminar fee.

Assuming this is true, and I have no reason to believe it is not, it blows the whole "deep war chest" theory out of the water.

I did ask him if any $$ changed hands directly between Robson and any of those mentioned above and he indicated that none to his knowledge but clarified that he was not privy to the majority of their conversations with Robson which either took place outside of his presence or, if he was there, were conducted in potugese.
    With DuckII's input, we can now conclude this investigation. Pereira's promotion was indeed financially motivated. The standard affiliation and seminar fees, despite being standard, are not, in fact, a trivial amount. Overlooking this key detail and failing to confirm the amounts involved with these transactions allowed for the derailing of the investigation. For two seminars and one year of affiliation at the standard market rate over $4,500 would have changed hands. Quite the incentive.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2014 11:24am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In this reddit thread we see Mansur at it AGAIN with the same scam: http://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments...lack_belt_has/

Guys, I have never really faced this situation and I am unsure of how to respond. There was a man that used to run a grappling club at University in my area. I went to a couple classes and I rolled with him only one time and only for 10 seconds- That is the amount of time it took me to sweep him, After I swept him he immediately stopped rolling and went back to supervising the other students while giving them terrible advice in technique. He wore a black belt while "teaching" the club but it was painfully obvious that he wasn't a black belt in any shape, form, or fashion. I found out 2 months ago that this same man opened up a new franchised Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym claiming to be a brazilian jiu jitsu black belt. I went to go check out the gym he opened because I could not believe he would take it to that level- It is one thing to run a non paying club at a university and an entirely separate animal to actually open up a gym and accept students money. I talked to the "black belt" and asked if he still rolled and he now says he can only teach not roll anymore due to bad back problems. I looked his name up and can find no records anywhere online of him being a legitimate black belt. What do you guys do in this situation???????
    The black belt in question was found to have been awarded by Mansur, once again citing a list of injuries keeping him from the mats.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2014 11:28am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recommend taking an in depth look at the Duck of Death threads. We've got new frauds popping up every day with "legitimate" paperwork. Duck's failure to draw a conclusion in these incidents is due to his unwillingness to believe that "legitimate" BJJ experts might be engaged in wrongdoing. That however is where the evidence leads us.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    10/09/2014 8:46am

Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Raising a dead thread, but I stumble across this guy looking for a new place to train after moving to PA from NY. I stopped by his academy and saw him teaching some kids. He came out and greeted. He was professional and nice until he asked if I had a martial arts background. I told him about my judo BB and his demeanor changed, drastically. He told me he was a 4th degree BJJ and my BB wouldn't help me on his mats. Yep, he is claiming a 4th degree now, at least verbally. His site claims 3rd degree jiu-jitsu (not BJJ) but he is stating he is 4th to all he meets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    10/09/2014 12:44pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    Breathing new life into a dead link.

http://web.archive.org/web/201312180...Robson_Pereira