224934 Bullies, 3603 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1228
Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121 122123 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 3:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, called the http://www.fpjj.com.br/ Federação Paulista de Jiu-Jitsu today and they did not know of either Mauricio Sakata or Robson Pereira.
    I provided the time frame in which he trained in Sao Paulo and then his "achievements" then I was asked for the name and times again, to make sure I guess and a longer break (apparently him checking if there was such a champion or is a guy registered with the organization), at which point he denied knowing Mr. RP. I then thanked the guy and that was it.

I will provide the transcript of the conversation later today or tomorrow (I will provide the Portuguese version and a rough English translation). If people are interested I have a record of the phone call in MP3 (my Portuguese sucks major balls though!)

Hopefully I can ask the professor tomorrow at training about this. After that my resources are running dry. The last chance would be me going to Rio and personally asking at the CBJJ office for the Files of Mr. Pereira but this would be without any specific date because the trip takes 6 hours each way and costs quite a bit of money (for which I could train a full month!) and I don't even know if that is possible. Unfortunately the CBJJ does not provide a phone number and emails have proven to be unanswered so far...

I hope I could be of a little help in this matter.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
    Okay, called the http://www.fpjj.com.br/ Federação Paulista de Jiu-Jitsu today and they did not know of either Mauricio Sakata or Robson Pereira.
    I provided the time frame in which he trained in Sao Paulo and then his "achievements" then I was asked for the name and times again, to make sure I guess and a longer break (apparently him checking if there was such a champion or is a guy registered with the organization), at which point he denied knowing Mr. RP. I then thanked the guy and that was it.

I will provide the transcript of the conversation later today or tomorrow (I will provide the Portuguese version and a rough English translation). If people are interested I have a record of the phone call in MP3 (my Portuguese sucks major balls though!)

Hopefully I can ask the professor tomorrow at training about this. After that my resources are running dry. The last chance would be me going to Rio and personally asking at the CBJJ office for the Files of Mr. Pereira but this would be without any specific date because the trip takes 6 hours each way and costs quite a bit of money (for which I could train a full month!) and I don't even know if that is possible. Unfortunately the CBJJ does not provide a phone number and emails have proven to be unanswered so far...

I hope I could be of a little help in this matter.
    Have you tried placing the same call to the Confederação Brasileira de Jiu-Jitsu? A similar response from them would pretty much wrap this up.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 6:36pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Have you tried placing the same call to the Confederação Brasileira de Jiu-Jitsu? A similar response from them would pretty much wrap this up.
    Except if his real name isnt Robson Pereira!! is there any way that we can trace this name to his real name? BBINFU any knowledge you would like to share here.

I know that no one wants to acknowledge that this is an option because it opens up the possibility that Robson could still be legit. Sorry, but it's a very real possibility(not that he's legit, but that Robson isnt his real name). I think the strongest evidence against him is the testimonials of those who trained with him.
    Last edited by mmafan3450; 10/08/2009 6:43pm at .

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 6:57pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he was getting paid by the rat pack, wouldn't they have tax records which would indicate if he was using the RP name in the US?

Otherwise he would have had to have done a name change in Brazil.

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 9:47pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    I can't because, as I said, they don't provide a phone number only email or showing up in person at their office in Rio de Janeiro and he(Robson Pereira) is registered with the CBJJ, established by his 3rd degree dan certificate, singed off by Mr. Mansor... thus they will say they know him.
    The big question is, which would be super awesome to know, who he placed as the person who awarded him his belts up to BB first degree and which competitions did he put on the application, this could be tracked down very easily. And you have to give that information when registering your BB with the CBJJ.
    I will ask Raul if he has a number of the CBJJ (I guess there is one for the big players in BJJ but I doubt I will get it) to place direct calls with them.

But here is another issue, according to the CBJJ page you have to pay your annual CBJJ member fee and !your club! has to be a CBJJ member club for several years! and you have to have a referee course in order to be a registered BB with the CBJJ as a BB and I doubt Mr. Pereira has that, hence there is something amiss already and if he is under "an umbrella" already I it will be hard to get into his records. I will ask my gf to write an email in Portuguese asking for that information...lets see what happens.

PS: Will provide the transcript later, going to spend today and the weekend with my lovely gf :love1:... sorry guys.

Schools I trained at:
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 10:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds good. Keep us posted ;)

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:17am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
    The big question is, which would be super awesome to know, who he placed as the person who awarded him his belts up to BB first degree and which competitions did he put on the application, this could be tracked down very easily. And you have to give that information when registering your BB with the CBJJ.
    Some say that Mansor might have (for a fee) created a "history" for Robson to be put into the application paperwork.

and you have to have a referee course in order to be a registered BB with the CBJJ as a BB and I doubt Mr. Pereira has that
    I think he does. Check out the "certificate":

http://www.pereirabjj.com/index.php?...d=35&Itemid=40

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:33am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan3450 View Post
    I know that no one wants to acknowledge that this is an option because it opens up the possibility that Robson could still be legit.
    This is kind of funny. Someone has legit rank in BJJ, burns a house down to collect insurance money, gets found out, and has to change his name and get out of the country. Then he has trouble proving his rank because the rank was granted under another name. Well, that's what you get for going around burning houses down...

Posted On:
    10/17/2009 11:25am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Long time, sorry I was busy... here is the Portuguese transcript of the phone call:

Ele: Federação Paulista de Jiu Jitus, boa tarde
    Eu: boa tarde, você fala inglês? (Didn't hear me for what ever reason, Skype problem I guess)
    Ele: alo?
    Eu: oi?
    Ele: boa tarde
    Eu: boa tarde, você fala inglês?
    Ele: não
    Eu: Eu não falo português muito bom, ne, desculpe antecipada mente. Você conheci um faixa preta chamada Maurice Sakata?
    Ele: Maurice Sakata?
    Eu: SAKA
    Ele: Não, não conheci
    Eu: Você conheci um pessoa Robson Pereira? Ele falo (should be fala) ele e faixa preta e campeão São Paulo e campeão de brasil, você conheci ele?
    Ele: não, não. ... qui que se precisaria?
    Eu: hm, ele
    Ele: não conheci, qui que se você precisa?
    Eu: Ele falo (should be fala again) ele traino Jiu Jitsu em São Paulo de 1985 a 1995 ele falo (should be fala again) ele e campeão de São Paulo e campeão de Brazil
    Ele: Qual que o nome?
    Eu: Robson Pereira
    Ele: Robson? Pereira?
    Eu: Sim!
    Ele: (long break) não, ninguém sobre nome (hard to understand) so Robson Pereira não tem!
    Eu: ah obrigado.
    Ele: nada tchau tchau.

I will do the English version when I feel like it, but it boils down to me asking the names and stating the dates and him telling me he does not know of those persons.

I also had the chance to talk to the professor on Wednesday and he only knows of Robson Gracie... no Robson Pereira. He has over 40 years of BJJ and is a faixa coral, he has trained Raul, he is legit and if there are people who want to know more about him, I can ask or ask kfc...

In conclusion, with the resources I have here, it was not possible to track down Robson Pereira or his teacher Maurice/Mauricio Sakata here in Sao Paulo...

For the theory of him changing names, maybe but I showed his picture to Raul, who would have competed with him or seen him, he said he does not know the person.

If there is anything else I can do track down here in Sao Paulo let me know. I hope I could help a bit.

Schools I trained at:
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Posted On:
    10/17/2009 3:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the theory of him changing names, maybe but I showed his picture to Raul, who would have competed with him or seen him, he said he does not know the person.
    Progress :)