Page 113 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113 114115116117 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 8:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    papa6955

Very funny. Admitedly, we have some talented guys at Rat Pack but clearly no one is versed enough in the new "power jj" to teach it properly. Perhaps I should shcedule a seminar wit Robson!

What is really ironic though is that when Robson departed one of his "claims" was that he needed to find students who were interested in learning and COULD AFFORD good BJJ as opposed to my group of "dumb farmers" (His words not mine) who just wanted to fight all the time.

While I admit proudly that the "Rat Pack" style has never been, nor will it ever be, a strictly technical BJJ approach to MMA and while my guys give true BJJ guys such as realpostion and our own Brian Miller fits (a Gi? what the hell is that?), it would appear that Robson is now espousing the very same type of ground n' pound hybrid style he so vocally rejected two years ago.

Oh well, I wish the man no ill will. I find the current stories of school closings, potential financial improprieties, etc. somewhat sad particularly when some of these guys could be training with us where I assure you our members are treated BETTER THAN FAMILY!

Someday, I very much intend to pen an article to submit to the mags or even to one of the websites on my experiences in the BJJ world and can tell you that the focus will be less on Robson Periera and more on the lessons I have learned about the BJJ world in general both locally and nationally (oh the stories I can and will tell)!

For now, suffice it to say (and send a hit squad after me if you wish guys, I've been threatened so many times at this point that I don't even listen anymore) that when you have people from an impovrished country who suddenly stumble upon their first major LEGAL exported product in 100 years, there are a lot of rats that jump on that ship!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 1:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Nothing wrong with training under a blue belt as long as he doesn't claim to be a black belt. Verify the credentials of whoever you consider training with."

I find this piece of advice both ironic and hilarious given the original subject matter of this thread. Had Robson done this from the very beginning, he would have never had these problems, and would probably still have the same amount of students, the same amount of schools, and the same associations he does now, just without all of the grief.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2008 8:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, this post acutally has nothing to do with Sakata or Robson. Just some old fashion, shameless self promotion.

Check out yahoo sports and the cast of Ultimate Fighter 7 when you have a chance.

It would appear that Rat Pack Fighting Systems of Palmerton PA has gone from the U.G. to the fucking UFC in three years or less.

Oh how sweet it is my friends!

And as I've said time and time again...to those few of you who have supported us, thank you.

For those who have opposed us, a BIG FU fromthe Black Belt in FU

And for those who will attempt to jump on our bandwagon now that the Rat Pack calf is bull with horns, don't even think about it!

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 3:07pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbinfu
    Okay, this post acutally has nothing to do with Sakata or Robson. Just some old fashion, shameless self promotion.

Check out yahoo sports and the cast of Ultimate Fighter 7 when you have a chance.

It would appear that Rat Pack Fighting Systems of Palmerton PA has gone from the U.G. to the fucking UFC in three years or less.

Oh how sweet it is my friends!

And as I've said time and time again...to those few of you who have supported us, thank you.

For those who have opposed us, a BIG FU fromthe Black Belt in FU

And for those who will attempt to jump on our bandwagon now that the Rat Pack calf is bull with horns, don't even think about it!
    Good things come to those who rid themselves of frauds...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 4:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey BBinFU-

Thanks for helping put PA on the Map for MMA.

Papa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 6:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unwards and Upwards for all of us PA MMA'ers papa! The sky is truly the limit!

Hey DOD, long time no see/hear. Much like a crusty old uncle, I'll take your post as a compliment.

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 8:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbinfu
    I'll take your post as a compliment.
    It was. Your guy is the second one down, right?

http://www.rpfightingsystems.com/fighters.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 12:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correct. Great athlete, instructor and friend and all around great kid.

We have every confidence that he will be a star in this industry.

I know on other forums there are a lot of sour grapes about a guy with such a limited record getting on the show and claims that guys like him "must know somebody" or most be assholes who were picked to "shake things up" in the house.

I can assure you that niether is the case here. The kid knew nobody in this business and is as respectful and "all american" as they come. He just has more raw, natural talent for this industry than anyone I've ever seen and, apparently, Dana White agrees with me since he was at the Newark, NJ casting call where he tried out for the show.

Of course, we know nothing about how he did out there but for me, just getting there is a dream come true for both him and us and if he does well on the show, that's the icing on the cake.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 6:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey congrats to your club and most of all your student.

On a different note I heard that there was a BJJ tournament about a week ago in Olyphant and the commission permitted submissions.

Maybe things are looking up here in PA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 7:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man that would be the best news ever. I'll contact the PA Commish and get back to you. Having so many probleims with the NJ commission right now, it would be a pleasure to tell them to piss off.

Thanks for the congrats. Its been a long hard road but well worth it.

Somebody revived an old DOD thread on mma.tv the other day and it still pisses me off because the title doesn't mention you know who, just Rat Pack and someone reading the beggining would never know how far we've come.

Funny thing is the guy who started all these problems for us still teaches out of three schools in the area and is pretty much left alone yet the stigma remains with Rat Pack despite our accomplishments.

My solution now is simple. Anyone who wants to talk **** is offerred a free ticket to Rat Pack and lodging at my home. They need only come to fight team practice and repeat whatever they've said on the threads. So far no takers but I'll keep trying.