222243 Bullies, 3740 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 101 to 110 of 1228
Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314152161111 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. DuckofDeath is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,046

    Posted On:
    4/20/2007 11:53am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    This is why the signing of the letter and whatever seem a little strained early in this thread. Many of us have been at tournaments, seminars etc were the guy is just signing everything shoved in his face.

    Personally, that is what I think happened.
    But here's the deal: Suppose you're the Grandmaster and you don't know any Mauricio Sakata. Someone calls you up and asks you if you know any Mauricio Sakata and you tell him that you don't. You later do a seminar at a school and someone shoves a letter in your face saying that you know Mauricio Sakata, and you sign the letter without knowing what you signed.

    You later receive in the mail a cassette of your own conversation in which you say that you don't know Sakata, a copy of the letter with your signature on it which says you do know Sakata, and a cover letter calling your attention to the discrepancy. Wouldn't you be a little upset at being duped like that? Why would you then bestow a third degree on the man who supposedly got his BB from Sakata?
  2. DuckofDeath is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,046

    Posted On:
    4/20/2007 12:09pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by duckII
    Only sticking it to you a little DoD.
    What do you think of the wording of the Mansor/Mansur letter? Doesn't the opening come off as a little--lawyerly? Also, when RPFS posted the flyer about the upcoming seminar by the Grandmaster, the flyer spelled his name "Mansur," the same way it was typed in the letter.
  3. mmafan3450 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    261

    Posted On:
    4/20/2007 12:14pm


     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Samuel Browning, I did most of the heavy lifting. Robson still worked very hard and did a lot of physical labor. There is a big difference between doing physical labor and having your joints manipulated. Robson continued working because he needed to support his family. However, BJJ was not a necessity.

    Red Elvis, I never said that being an unorganized teacher meant he didnt know his ****. In fact, I said that I attributed to his inexperience in teaching. I also stated that I realize having acrobatic abilities didnt make him good at BJJ or any martial art. All you did was take my statements and then rewrite what I already wrote. Further, I have been the one on here saying that the man does not deserve to have his career ruined over people dragging his name through the mud without facts. This is why I have not been specific with how he claims he obtained his BB. Next time read my posts thoroughly.
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,786

    Posted On:
    4/20/2007 12:24pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath
    But here's the deal: Suppose you're the Grandmaster and you don't know any Mauricio Sakata. Someone calls you up and asks you if you know any Mauricio Sakata and you tell him that you don't. You later do a seminar at a school and someone shoves a letter in your face saying that you know Mauricio Sakata, and you sign the letter without knowing what you signed.

    You later receive in the mail a cassette of your own conversation in which you say that you don't know Sakata, a copy of the letter with your signature on it which says you do know Sakata, and a cover letter calling your attention to the discrepancy. Wouldn't you be a little upset at being duped like that? Why would you then bestow a third degree on the man who supposedly got his BB from Sakata?
    See, this is what I call your spin.

    There are other spins, actually quite a few, that would make just as much sense. I like to believe he didn't know what he signed. That's what I'm saying. Look at the Mansur Mansour and Mansor spellings. Now, as it continues, it is looking bad but it is nothing Until, Sakata or whatever spelling is proven 100% not to exist.
  5. duckII is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    226

    Posted On:
    4/20/2007 12:50pm


     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DoD

    From your post, I assume you are implying Blackbeltinfu wrote the letter for Mansor or at least suggested the language which sould be included and I would not disagree with that assumption.

    In fact I don't even think he would deny it (I'll try to confirm tonight or over the weekend).

    What I believe Rat Pack has been saying all along is "the guy told us he knew him, we asked if he'd verify in writing and he said he would so we ran with it having no reason to doubt him and figuring a 9th Degree Red Belt should know what he's talking about"

    Frankly, I can't say I blame them. It would seem like a pretty reliable source to me but for all of the info that has come out after the fact with regard to Carlson's list.

    To me the idea than Mansor did not know what he was signing is absurd in light of the fact that his relationship with Robson has not only continued since his departure from Rat Pack but it has flourished!!! He surely knows the letter was posted, he also must know about the contraversy and not once has he asked for a retraction or indicated that he was duped. To the contrary, he has promoted Robson to third degree.

    Bottom line in my book, Mansor signed the letter knowingly and of his own free will. If it proves to be false, he and Robson alone should be held accountable for its contents.

    If it proves on the other hand to be true, then we all will have some serious egg on our faces.
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,786

    Posted On:
    4/20/2007 1:05pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by duckII



    Bottom line in my book, Mansor signed the letter knowingly and of his own free will. If it proves to be false, he and Robson alone should be held accountable for its contents.
    I'm not saying he was tricked, forced, coerced, or bribed into signing the letter. I'm saying he may not of known what he signed.

    There is a difference.

    On that note I'm out. Until Sakata is proven as a fake, we are bickering over small matters.

    This, is what people hiding the real story want.
  7. GoldenJonas is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,378

    Posted On:
    4/20/2007 1:27pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    On that note I'm out. Until Sakata is proven as a fake, we are bickering over small matters.

    This, is what people hiding the real story want.
    Here here, I'll join you for coffee in the back of the room and await the outcome.

    If Sakata exists and has a verifiable BJJ lineage then Robson is a BJJ BB who got caught during a Dojo Storming and who didn't really compete a whole lot.

    If Sakata does not exist then Robson is caught in a lie with regard to his obtaining a BJJ BB.

    Everything else is speculation that may be mounted to accuse Robson of being a "not very good BJJ BB", for what ever that is worth.
  8. DuckofDeath is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,046

    Posted On:
    4/20/2007 1:45pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan3450
    Further, I have been the one on here saying that the man does not deserve to have his career ruined over people dragging his name through the mud without facts. This is why I have not been specific with how he claims he obtained his BB.
    So why aren't you providing us with these exculpatory facts?
  9. duckII is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    226

    Posted On:
    4/20/2007 2:13pm


     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mmafan3450

    I have to agree with DoD. With out those facts, your posts are really not helpful. Ok, he's a hard worker with a high pain tolerance who has mood swings and is very athletic. So be it, that describes millions of people who are not necessarily BB's in BJJ.

    Bottom line, What did he tell you about his BB. If he said it was from Rickson, we know that's bullshit. If he said it was Sakata, the search continues but without that info, your posts, while intriguing in that you have first hand knowledge of the Professor, are really just fluff pieces.

    Please stop beating around the bush and either disclose what you know or stop brining it up.
  10. cyrijl is offline
    cyrijl's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,796

    Posted On:
    4/20/2007 2:21pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And after 12 pages....have you fhoud out anything you didn't find after the last X number of pages fro mthe last thread?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.