Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 11:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I foresee a challenge match coming on. Rogerio "TATU" Taborda versus Robson "Power Jiu Jitsu" Pereira. 1st match No-Gi at Pereira's UGC challenge on October 14th. The 2nd match at PABJJ Gi championships (TATU's event) the following weekend October 20th. Think alot of people would pay the spectator fee and come to see this matchup?

Come on guys I know you both know whats posted on this site. Lets see it. I know that TATU is rolls with anyone regardless of size and weight differential. Robson?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 11:27am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tatujiujitsu
    President of the federation? Tatu has no affiliation with the International Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Federation. Check there websites http://www.ibjjf.com - Tatu spends his time knocking other instructors that arent real black belts to make himself feel better. Do your research he came to this country as a purple belt in 2001 with absolutely no proper training and he manage to achieve his black belt. He created this federation without contancting any of the proper people to make it legitimate, its not even a federation, he pockets all the money and gives nothing back whatsoever to any affiliates. Take the time and write and email to Carlos Gracie Jr. see if he has heard of this Rogerio "Tatu" Taborda.
    Yes, PRESIDENT of the PA State BJJ Federation, which part of that didn't you understand? Who gives a **** if he is affiliated with the IBJJF? I'm not affiliated with them either. There are many LEGIT black belts that aren't affiliated with IBJJF. The IBJJF is just Carlinhos organization anyway and doesn't mean ****. Robson proved that by buying his diploma.

Tatu came here with "absolutely no proper training"? What about the blue belt he earned from De La Riva? You think De La Riva didn't give him any proper training? Tatu is a legit black belt and everybody knows his name and respects his skills. Robson and Sakata have never been heard of by ANYONE!

You don't need to contact anybody if you want to start your own State BJJ Federation to make it legit. You only need be legit yourself and the other legit schools who join it make it legit. Take the time to contact Carlinhos and ask him what year Robson won the Brazilian Nationals.

While you're at it, take the time to contact Robson and ask him if he wants to roll with Tatu and let the spectators judge who is legit and who isn't.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 12:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    By getting video of a respected BJJ practitioner saying that he is fake gives this site and others a resource and also a starting point. Most people are probably afraid to say anything because they feel it's BJJ's "dirty little secret". If they see one person stand up, then it may convince others to stand up and speak what they know. Eventually, this will lead to more information coming out and the eventual downfall of whatever fraud is taking place.

Most people aren't willing to sift through all the countless threads about this main to learn the truth. Especially with thread derailments and the like. With some video evidence, a nice little article on Bullshido.com along with the video interview as well as other videos of others who've stepped up and called this guy on his claims.

Honestly, not doing anything is like knowing that the government is defrauding it's citizens but as long as you know and you are not the one being defrauded, you don't care. Lets help those other people who may not have the resources and time to look into this guy the same way people here has. Lets make sure that if in fact he is the fraud that people believe him to be, the facts are brought to light and everyone has the chance to make the decision on their own. If they choose to continue believing and training with him then so be it. There is nothing that can be done to persuade idiots from being idiots. But you can inform the uninformed.

Mind you, the choice, is ultimately yours though. That's just my opinion after watching all this unfold for quite a while, and I'm sure the opinion of others who have been dealing with this for a lot longer.
    Thanks Data. This is what I meant.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 3:31pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, I go avay for 2 days for some much needed R & R and I miss all the fun! Realposition comes through again. I don't care what those other dickheads in Buffalo think brother, you're alright by me!

So here's the recap from the beginning (for those of you who tuned in late):

-2 1/2 years ago Robson shows up at Rat Pack (then a brand new school in PA) and presents himself as a Rickson BB who is rusty due to an injury and looking to get back in the game

-Rat Pack is owned by BBinFu who buys the story and puts Robson on staff.

-Almost immediately, Irishtemper, who traiined w. BBinFu at Hatfield, starts **** on the internet about robson and his credential.

-BBinfu goes to Robson who now says he'sactually under Sakata and Sakata was under Rickson

-Robson taps to whitebelt during dojo storming

-BBinfu sends Robson to Hatfield for "remidail training" under Latta who says Robson sucks

-BBinfu demands more proof and Robson comes back with Marcos/Rigan who say they know Sakata and sign letters to that effect

-Marcos and Rigan promote Robson to 2nd degree

-Marcos then tells Dod he doesn't know sakata but Monsur does

-Robson then gets letter from mansor that says he knows sakata and that he is a Carlson BB

-RP talks to Carlson who says he knows no Sakata

-Dod Contacts Mansor and catches him off guard and he says he knows no Sakata

-BBinFu, after taking all of Robson's **** for 2 years dumps him, Marcos, Rigan and affiliates with Simrell

-Simrell dumps Rigan and Marcos due to the Robson contraversy

-Robson opens own shcool/ claims now to be a Brazilian National Champ and Sao Paulo State Champ and starts promoting tournmanets with Tatu

-Tatu then dumps Robson and says he's full of **** and bought his belt

-Tatu's Federation is removed from Robson's web site

-BBinfu discloses that Robson provided no proof of sakata or any lineage other than Marcos and Rigan and Mansur who he had never met before this all started

-Mansur gives Robson 3rd degree w/in same year as he received 2nd degree from Marcos and gets him a diploma from the federation

-Robson competes in Judo tournament (claiming a brown belt in judo) and gets schooled by green belt

-Marcos is then removed from Robson's web site

-Rigan creates new website and excludes Robson

-Moon contacts Rigan and learns that he too has dumped Robson

-Robson opens second school and creates video espousing his new "Power JJ" method claiming his guys are cleaning up at the UGC (his tournament) with this method

-9/07 Saddly guys continue to train wit this guy and to come on to forums like this and defend him despite this sordid history

Did I miss anything gentlemen?????
    Last edited by duckII; 9/24/2007 3:54pm at .

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been keeping my eye on this for a little bit now and I did not know about the "choking people to death in Brazil" thing, duckII!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 3:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought MMAfan said something about that on this page, will go back and check as I don't want to be inaccurate.

Or perhaps that came from my conversations with BBinFu

I will remove it until I confirm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 4:31pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Robson removed any mention of 'Sakata' from his website and now refuses to even utter the name. His last claim as to who his original instructor is was a vague reference to someone nicknamed 'Paulista'.

Robson claimed 'Paulista' was a Carlson blackbelt but a comprehensive list of all Carlson black belts provided by his widow and students makes no mention of a 'Paulista'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 5:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I dont think I mentioned it on this website...so it must have come from BBINFU...who heard it from me. Robson also claimed to have beaten the **** out of three guys at the Swiftwater Inn in stroudsburg(or maybe the town is swiftwater...near stroudsburg) and says he has a criminal record because of the incident. Not that those stories are particularly relevent to this investigation.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 7:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan3450
    Well I dont think I mentioned it on this website...so it must have come from BBINFU...who heard it from me. Robson also claimed to have beaten the **** out of three guys at the Swiftwater Inn in stroudsburg(or maybe the town is swiftwater...near stroudsburg) and says he has a criminal record because of the incident. Not that those stories are particularly relevent to this investigation.
    True, and my apologies for the slight thread derailment. I was just taken aback by another claim. It's like the boy who cried wolf. It's hard to sift through what is reality from partial reality; fantasy from complete and utter BS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 8:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mmafan is correct. That info came from BBinFu who got it "second hand", apparently from MMAfan. My bad for disclosing a confidence. Its just so hard to remember what's out there and and what's not with this guy.

Other than that, I think my recap is 100% accurate. Add to it that "itishtemper" was on mma.tv today saying he was there when Robson rolled at Hatfield and that, in a word, he was "awful".