Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2007 4:53pm

Style: FMA & judo-ultra noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So let's see...
    "9th Dan Bailey has developed a unique mixed martial arts style, called Samboju Jitsu"

So he's 9th dan in his own style? Isn't head of style like.. oooh 10th dan? Seems awful humble... until.....

" He is the only fighter ever to have won the World Samboju-Jitsu Championship 5 consecutive times."

So he won his own marital arts style champion ship 5x! I've won the saturnjunkie pro-am classic 26 years in a row! Beat that foo!

Man... there's just so much here I don't even know where to start.
    http://www.worldshootfighters.com/im...en%20Hands.JPG
    This supposedly is of " Two broken hands after knocking out an opponent." ... both? What did he do, double punch him in the forehead or something? Further from a medical perspective I don't know about you but I've broken my 'hands' multiple times. But usually it's a specific part of my hands. LIke my fingers. Or my knuckles. Or my metacarpals.

Usually that part of my hand gets EXTREMELY SWOLLEN AND PURPLE as well.. like immediately.

http://www.worldshootfighters.com/im...rmath_s-23.jpg

Any photo experts want to evaluate this picture, maybe break down the layers in photoshop? It looks like it's been modified. The aspect on his head size, shadowing, facial damage, etc... something doesn't ring true visually here.

Meh this is making my brain hurt. So is his site design. Good lord, this is just.. like nails on a chalkboard bad

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 8:33am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if Mr. Bailey can fight like his website can crash a browser - he might be 5 time world champ in every combat sport on the planet.

On a more serious note, his Fight News section lists past event results for several events, one ofwhich is NAGA on December 2.

http://www.worldshootfighters.com/Fi...%20English.htm

When I checked the NAGAFighter.com website, I found results for the NAGA Georgia Championships. The NAGA website lists the event as 12/6/2006 but the promo poster shows 12/2/2006, and the link says Nov06, so NAGA needs to do a little better copy editing. :-)

http://www.nagafighter.com/georgia_n...sults_main.asp

It doesn't give the actual records like the World Shoot Fighters website does, but the medal count appears to match the names listed on Bailey's website, and those competitors are all listed as being with WSO.

Of note for those who could not find information on his ranked fighters on Sherdog, all but one of the ones he listed for NAGA were Kids division competitor. Two of the NAGA results kids matched the names of his two of his nationally Ranked fighters on the home page.

Based on his home page, they are using some kind of ranking system called RANKED (the hideous red font appears to be purloined from some god awful Original Nintendo Side Scrolling Street Fighting Game).

This is their website:

http://www.nationallyranked.com/

Its unwieldly to search for past years by state or nationally, any attempt to check 2006 for anyting but men 18 - 30 kicks back to either 2007, or men 18 - 30. For 2007, the results have his guys listed, but only a couple of competitors are listed, I assume because only a few tournaments have been recorded for the current Calendar year.

I attempted to check the Casca-Grossa March 24 results, but could not find them on the website or via Google. I emailed the Casca-Groassa people, and asked them to email a link or copy to verify.

As far as that tournament goes, in another thread I saw where some of the members attended. Does anyone who went remember seeing / competing with the guy or any of his fighters?

From what I've seen, the results for his students at least are verifiable for NAGA and the RANKED thing. It does beg the question as to why none of Bailey's competitions occur in tournaments with searchable records, when his students in at least one case do, and probably another (I'm sure the Casca-Grossa results can be checked, and based on the NAGA precedent will match Bailey's website).

Edit: Typo
    Last edited by Jhemsley; 4/14/2007 8:36am at .

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 11:42am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His company is listed in the Georgia dadtbase. Do a search for "shootfighters", not "shootfighting". Here is the result:

http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/sos...rchType=Search

Looks like he started the company in 2004 - with a wife or other female family member (I would assume wife as they have the same address).

He has his grappling tournament registered as a "Ranked" event at mma.tv as a gold event. Which essentially means he paid the extra cash to have the event listed and included in the ranked database.
    Last edited by sambosteve; 4/14/2007 11:47am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 12:11pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should contact Kip Kollar for more information on this guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 9:21am

Style: FMA & judo-ultra noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve
    His company is listed in the Georgia dadtbase. Do a search for "shootfighters", not "shootfighting". Here is the result:

http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/sos...rchType=Search

Looks like he started the company in 2004 - with a wife or other female family member (I would assume wife as they have the same address).

He has his grappling tournament registered as a "Ranked" event at mma.tv as a gold event. Which essentially means he paid the extra cash to have the event listed and included in the ranked database.
    Wow, good catch. My bad.

Score one for the guy with the atrocious webpage.

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 9:40am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you create your own style, at least give yourself a 10th dan, why "give" yourself a 9th dan. I guess so he can promte himself in a few years to 10th. LOL. What's with the Indian guy's image on the flag, at first I though he was associated with Adrian "Chief" Roman. He says it's shootfighting, but students wear Gis, I am confused.....

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    4/20/2007 8:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is an awsome thread debunming this guy goin on right now on the UG. He logged on, got owned, and now has changed his website as a result...LOL.

http://mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=SetMa...me&FID=1&CID=1

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2007 9:31pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frankiscool is leading the charge and doing a very good job of it.

We should invite him to come here.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    4/20/2007 10:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone jumped on board...

I contacted Bas Rutten myself to vefiry this guy's claim to have trained with him. Need I say he was owned by Bas? The guy is a pure phoney. The UG thread is very entertaining, but I am glad to see it having some effect on this fake. After one day of bashing on the UG, people contacting him (including Bas himself), he has started to change his site.

I love it when a plan come together ;)
    (am I dating myself with that quote?)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2007 10:27pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you provide a better link to the UG thread sambosteve? Its just taking me to the base site, and I can't find the actual thread tha Bailey logged onto. I'm dying to read it.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast