Page 3 of 3 First 123
    GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Side note: I hate how creatine tastes. I used to spoon it into my mouth and chase it with water. Now I just put it in a small amount of liquid and gulp it down, followed by a lot of water. Still I hate the flavor, texture. Gross.

So soon I will be buying the Cap-M-Quick size 00. This way I can cap my creatine, 5 caps a day and no gross taste. Also probably good to cap any bulk powder that is taken in under 10 gram doses like CM, AEE, AKG, beta alanine, etc.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about mixing it in with fruit juice, like I've heard recommended?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Creatine makes everything taste nasty. Apple juice, iced tea, kool aid, everything.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... what kind of creatine are you consuming? I've got Phosphagen from EAS, and I mix that in with Cytomax, and it tastes just fine.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never understood the instruction to take creatine with fruit juice (to stimulate the release of insulin to "pull" the creatine into the muscle cells) because fructose has a low glycemic index. Now I know that the glycemic index breaks down with food combinations, but usually the recommendation was to take juice + creatine on an empty stomach.

Dextrose seems like it would be a better choice.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right now I have TwinLab Micronized Creatine. Any micronized creatine monohydrate is the same regardless of brand, pure creatine. I don't use any of the formulas like SizeOn, CellMass, etc.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikfeet509
    I never understood the instruction to take creatine with fruit juice (to stimulate the release of insulin to "pull" the creatine into the muscle cells) because fructose has a low glycemic index. Now I know that the glycemic index breaks down with food combinations, but usually the recommendation was to take juice + creatine on an empty stomach.

Dextrose seems like it would be a better choice.
    Marketing schemes.

There logic is that it won't get used up immediately and it'll be a time released insulin push throughout the body versus something with a high glycemic index that gets metabolized quickly. Also most fruit juice is in a middle range of the glycemic index being in the 60-90 range.

Creatine is like drinking sand. Buy the pill form, it's cheaper, works better, less likely to cause cramping, etc.

Page 3 of 3 First 123