Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 3:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jun Fan / Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    No offense JKDLEO, but if all we cared about were the qualifications on his website and took them at face value, this thread would have died. Coping and pasting the same information doesn't help much. Now if you could provide some details about the classes, what is taught during the classes, how the instructor deals with the students and vise versa, then we may be on to something.

I do have a specific question for you though:

Does this instructor teach his hybrid style in all the classes or does he instruct specific styles in specific classes?
    Hybrid Martial Arts Academy (Miami,FL -Kendall) 33186.

Covers the 5 aspects of martial arts and are taught both in a Hybrid Format and traditionally from the Set Curricullum from each of our Instructor's Associations.

*Inosanto Academy of Martial Arts : Jun Fan Gung Fu, Muay Thai, & STX (Savate Muay Thai Crosstraining) (2 instructors)

*Grappling Class formats are taught: Traditional Gracie/Machado BJJ Methods, Combat Submission Wresting training methods, and Vale Tudo Style. (1 instructor)

*Weaponry: Filipino Kali / Escrima-taught traditionally and Hybrid Progressive Method.

*Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, Yang Tai Chi, Chen Taiji : Traditional Methods (2 instructors)

*Yoga- (1 instructor)

*Tenshin Aikido- Traditional & Law Enforcement Methods (3 instructors)

*Bunjikan Ninjutsu and Samurai Arts (Combat Methods) 5 instructors.

Sincerely Yours,

Leonel R. Sanchez
    Hybrid Martial Arts Academy
    Hybridmartialart@gmail.com

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 4:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDLEO
    Hybrid Martial Arts Academy (Miami,FL -Kendall) 33186.

Covers the 5 aspects of martial arts and are taught both in a Hybrid Format and traditionally from the Set Curricullum from each of our Instructor's Associations.

*Inosanto Academy of Martial Arts : Jun Fan Gung Fu, Muay Thai, & STX (Savate Muay Thai Crosstraining) (2 instructors)

*Grappling Class formats are taught: Traditional Gracie/Machado BJJ Methods, Combat Submission Wresting training methods, and Vale Tudo Style. (1 instructor)

*Weaponry: Filipino Kali / Escrima-taught traditionally and Hybrid Progressive Method.

*Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, Yang Tai Chi, Chen Taiji : Traditional Methods (2 instructors)

*Yoga- (1 instructor)

*Tenshin Aikido- Traditional & Law Enforcement Methods (3 instructors)

*Bunjikan Ninjutsu and Samurai Arts (Combat Methods) 5 instructors.

Sincerely Yours,

Leonel R. Sanchez
    Hybrid Martial Arts Academy
    Hybridmartialart@gmail.com
    You realize this is considered spamming right? It is a quick way to get a temporary ban.

Just answer the question please.

Does he teach these concepts every class?
    Are there separate classes at different pay scales?

Like many MMA gyms have all inclusive contracts. Then they offer separate training at individual costs.

No one has said anything bad about the instructor just a question on his age.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 5:17pm

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thaclient
    smillard:

I'm pretty far south -- just south of Palmetto Bay.

I know the Gracie's are up on Miami Beach.
    There is an ATT affiliate here (on Bird Rd.): http://bocajiujitsu.com/
    or the Avellan brothers out by FIU.

The more I think about it the better I would probably be to just make the drive. I wonder if it is worth checking out the first link that I posted and see how his instruction is.
    I go to the Haganah USA school that El Macho mentioned which I like. I've mentioned in another thread we are having Rigan Machado conducting a seminar at the end of this month. That would be a haul for you as well. There is another Machado school down in Miami if you do an internet search for Machado+Miami you should get the results.

I don't know the Avellan brothers one but the ATT should be good, I have yet to hear of a bad ATT affiliate.

The one good thing at my school is that we also have Muay Thai on Tuesdays and Thursday nights, MMA training on Wednesday and Saturday. The BJJ is only three nights a week and only one night is with the gi. I'd like more mat time than that.

All I can say is keep looking you will be suprised what you will find and good luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2007 6:49pm

Style: MT noob, BJJ even noober

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It appears that the Machado Miami school is/ merged with Miami Budokai which is where Boca teaches at. I think it is the local ATT school in Miami. I'm thinking I might stop in during a long break tomorrow and see what is offered. I'm not interested in the aikido, but it seems that they offer BJJ under Boca and some MT as well. It really should be do-able even if I have to do private lessons around my schedule. Thanks for all the help guys!

Posted On:
    5/09/2007 12:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After searching for a couple of months for a place to train I decided on Hybrid. I have been there about a month. I live near Perrine, Florida.

Let me see if I can answer some of the questions and concerns. First this was the only place I found in MIami that didn't want to have some pretty girl talk me into a contract. The rate in low average. He's only one of two places that posts his rates on the web site. Second there are very few web sites up for the schools in Miami. I drove alot and wasted some time looking at schools with out sites. True the site needs work but any one who judges by a web site is going to fall for a feign anyway. Third, the classes are taught as what they say they are on the web site. If it says Phase one kali then it's basic kali. If it says CSW/BJJ then that's what it is for that hour. Fourth the classes are about four to twelve people and both instructors have been there. The environment is friendly and respectful. I think the images of Bruce are all over the web site because the instructors take his philosophy to heart.

I have trained for over 20 years off an on and visited alot of schools. I think that this school is exactly what it says on the web site. The head instructor says he's been doing it for 15 years I'd say that's about right. The instructor is a natural teacher who gives clear instructions and pointers on technique. One of the things I like is that he wrestles in the grappling class with the rest of the class. It's good well rounded martial arts for every day guys.

One place mentioned above was trying to get me to sign a contract without meeting the instuctor because he was great. Another place mentioned above offers free trial but there's fine print. Another thrid one in the area mentioned above wanted me to sign a short term contracted after private lessons. The group classes were great but I never had another class with that instructor. I got luck.

This school doesn't seem to be a competition school. It's focus is not on athletic training for combat sports. Also they don't have a kickboxercise class.

Bottom line - try out any school you are looking at. Hybrid offers a week free I believe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2007 2:00pm

Style: MT noob, BJJ even noober

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Atkinson:

Thanks for a reply on the subject. It is nice having the perspective of someone who has been there. Do me a favor and send me a private message telling me what schools it is you are referring to in your post. Thanks again.

Posted On:
    5/10/2007 11:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The other schools were mentioned by others in the posts above. It is a business practice done by many schools so singling them out would be of no use. Buyer beware in any situation. Besides if I told you which ones you might fall for a trick of one I didn't mention. This way you're aware.

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 3:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be checking this school out.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/29/2008 12:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, Sambo, HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FFA is a world-class gym with outstanding instructors. I have since moved to NoVA/DC and continue to search for a school that comes anywhere close to their level. The way they train makes the BJJ schools up here seem like a joke.

Now that FFA is open 24 hours, if I were you, I'd suck it up and pay the Turnpike tolls. It's worth it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123