Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 11:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Chang Brothers Martial Arts

Excellent Instructor, definitely not a McDojo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 12:24pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's great. Want to elaborate? As in, what do they actually teach?

poser

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 12:26pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    rating? explanation? style?

And Chang doesn't sound like a Korean name.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    rating? explanation? style?

And Chang doesn't sound like a Korean name.
    those would all be good to have answered. it would be good for the original poster to fill in the ratings as well, preferably after reading some other reviews and getting an idea of what a "10" "5" and "1" should mean, and also they should understand the concept of aliveness before assigning a rating for that.

chang is in fact a korean name, however.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 4:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I added this to the short synopsis, but it did not show up:

Classes taught personally by Grand Master Chang. Always expects 100% out of students. Teaches Tae Kwon Do/ Hapkido for real life situations, sport, and as a way of life.

As for ratings, all ratings are subjective to the person giving them. What I can tell you is that Grand Master Chang inspires me to keep reaching for a higher level and pushes me to the maximum that I can handle, sometimes further. He will help you refine your techniques to get the maximum amount of power possible. All sparring is full contact (with the exception that color belts cannot kick to the face). There are classes every day except Sunday, 90$ month unlimited and lower depending on how many times a week you want to go.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 4:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    please take the time to read some of the other reviews, and write a more complete one, incuding ratings. of course all ratings are subjective, that's why we have a display of the average of the ratings for each school reviewed.

remember that a "10" in striking should reflect that your school has put people into top level full contact competition and won, on at least a semi-regular basis (that would include K1, but would not include your local TKD tournaments.) i only say this as it seems that many people misunderstand the rating system.

also, in general we discourage the use of the term "full contact" for in-dojang sparring, as it is misleading. while there may well be hard contact sparring going on in your dojang (we certainly hope so!) full contact does NOT exist outside of a ring or street scenario.

your sparring partners are not trying to kick your head off, regardless of how tough the sparring is. your opponent in full contact kickboxing IS trying to kick your head off.

not trying to be an ass, just trying to get you to understand the way we do things around here, and to understand some of the often misunderstood terminology we use here.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    1/11/2009 8:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have trained with Master Chang for almost a year now. He is a top notch instructor and he cares about his students as well. After visiting and trying other schools in McDonough,
    I feel that he is the most qualified instructor in the McDonogh/Henry county area, all the other dojos are lacking! Please see Master Changs website ! Thanks!http://www.mcdonoughkarate.com/
    Last edited by sqdog542; 2/12/2009 6:27pm at . Reason: To give the dojo its ratings

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2009 12:25pm

Style: taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you need to review the ranking system in terms of gym and equipment because from what i saw on the site the space is pretty average size like a 5 or 6 and i didn't see any type of exercise equipment other than sparring gear.

I also did not see any examples of him teaching self-defense technique's or any Hapkido just poomse, breaking ,and sparring