Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 7:38am

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there is an American Top Team in Boston, but I'm not too sure.

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 8:21am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there isn't. there's a brazilian top team, but it's relatively far out and i haven't heard the best things.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 9:05am

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see. Off topic but what is the difference between American and Brazilian top team? I thought they were part of the same group. I only ask because my teacher refers to them both as "Top Team", but I hear that they're different.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 9:55am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is an ATT school, but it is not in boston. It is spread out in a few schools in the burbs. Watch the google ads here. It pops up once in a while. I know the judo guy they have on their instructor page, he's come to my judo class a few times. He is very good.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 12:45pm

Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sityodtong seemed really crowded when I went a couple of years ago. How is it, training as a beginner?

Also, has anyone been to Boston Muay Thai? I haven't visited since they moved to Dorchester.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 1:04pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been at Sityodtong for a couple of years now, and the place has grown more popular. It gets crowded on Wednesdays during the combined 7 PM beginner/intermediate MT class, but for most other days it's mixed. Some days are tight, some are not - maybe 50-50. There's always enough room to get a good workout though. I've found that branching into the other things they offer aside from MT (Tuesday MMA, Wed 6 PM boxing) gets you into a consistently smaller class size. Saturday open gyms 12-2 PM are also great for more space and sparring.

How is it for beginners? Same as it is for experienced fighters - you'll get a chance to work with the best and hard work is rewarded with attention and encouragement. One good thing about the recent growth is that you'll usually find people that are in your ability and size range (assuming you're not a statistical outlier, physically). I've never had a feeling of stagnation due to limited training partners there.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Supposedly Mark is trying to get more space in that building. I think there some other tenant that needs to leave first.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 8:10pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

American Top Team/ Best Way Jiu-Jitsu

Hi there, just thought I'd add the url's for the American Top Team/Bestway Jiu-Jitsu gyms in case anyone was interested because for some reason they're a pain in the ass to find through a search.

http://www.att-boston.com/
    http://www.bestwayjiujitsu.com/index.asp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 11:54pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was in over in the States in early 2005, I trained with BTT Boston. I highly recommend them. Good people, good skill level, great facilities.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/12/2007 9:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: SubmissionWrestlepunching

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uri Shatil
    I'm looking to cross-train into BJJ. I have Ninjutsu (don't hold it against me - I train with good people, not ninjers) for my stand-up fighting, Wrestling's not getting much better (I just do coaching for local middle school and high school teams) and I've decided to cross-train into BJJ. Does anyone know of any good schools in Boston?
    I might be taking a permanent job in Boston in September. Been here for a few months teaching. I just went to Boston BJJ and thought they were great. I'll look up the Top Team too. I haven't been to a Boston Bujinkan school yet though. Enjoy the training there? Any reviews for us?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast